Jump to content

boomboomyards

Betting Thread 2018 / 2019.

Recommended Posts


The last 2 games were in play, and winning, when this bet was placed..................paid close to 4/1

No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
1 Man Utd  Bournemouth v Man Utd(Full Time Result) 18/04/2018 None
5/6
Won
2 Inverness CT  Dumbarton v Inverness CT(Full Time Result) 18/04/2018 None
2/5
Won
3 Getafe  Valencia v Getafe(Fulltime Result) 18/04/2018 None
2/11
Won
4 Eibar  Espanyol v Eibar(Fulltime Result) 18/04/2018 None
1/2
Won

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Salah, a football genius, shades of King Kenny. :notworthy

No. Selections Event Event Date E/W Terms Odds Result
1 Mohamed Salah (1st goal)  Liverpool v Roma(Next Goalscorer) 24/04/2018 None
3/1
Won

Does having Salah as first Goalscorer on a Champions League predictor game count? B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btts at anfield was 3/4. I also had a free bet of a fiver which I stuck on over 5 bookings
Bet365 are quite good at giving free bets.

On the down side, I forgot to put my super 6 acca on. Got 4 out of 6 tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I love how Graham Carey is smashing it at the closest League team to me.

The Argyle Ship keeps on sailing...

If only they'd realised the League started in Aug!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, HSS said:

If only they'd realised the League started in Aug!!!!

That was one hell of a pre-season...

Stunning turnaround in the end. Once they eventually got going they clicked and that was it. Testament to the job Derek Adams has done there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Done my usual Wullie Hill 7 team sections slip, for the fourth week in five I've finished 5W 1D 1L. Wigan my draw and Bradford my defeat today.

On the plus side when I do it for the final time next week until the new season, the £40 I spent (£1 a week) has seen two bets come in totalling at £151.03, so presuming the likelihood next week's bet doesn't come in I'm £111.03 up this season. My mate who does the same has yet to see one come in this season and has only managed 6/7 once. Yet he's beating me 16-15 (8 Draws) in who does better each week :lol: I'd rather have the profit margin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final 7 team section of the season is over (1/4 so far today) but £40 spent this season (£1 a week), £151.03 won from 2 successful bets gives me a very tidy profit of £111.03. Also had 3 other close calls where I managed 6/7. My unfortunate mate didn't have any success this season and only once managed 6/7 :lol: I take the Money title back from him after he won it last year.

As for who does better every week in general, it's all to play for. He leads 16-15 (8 Draws) so I need to win this weekend to deny him 4 titles in a row.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/05/2018 at 5:37 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

As for who does better every week in general, it's all to play for. He leads 16-15 (8 Draws) so I need to win this weekend to deny him 4 titles in a row.

 

Job done :clapping my 4/7 beats his 2/7 and we finish 16-16 (8 Draws). Denied him beating me 4 years running and I came back from 15-9 down. Now to do a Jack Ross and take the title next year...

With the main betting scene for us over until August now, the only focus right now is where we stick £1 every Monday on whatever the hell you like, if it comes in stick it all on a bet on Tuesday, and keep sticking the whole lot on the next day until you succeed on Sunday and can then keep the cash/go tits up and crash out for the week. 18 weeks in and we are both on loss, though I'm beating him £14.24-£13.70.

Aside from this I'll probably stick some money on various scenarios in the World Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another area where I know only one thing..... I won't lose money either. 

Question for those who bet... do you win or lose money betting over a season? 

Just wondering as I don't see any pleasure in it myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Another area where I know only one thing..... I won't lose money either. 

Question for those who bet... do you win or lose money betting over a season? 

Just wondering as I don't see any pleasure in it myself. 

A fair question.

I do two main types of bet every week. Both are £1.

One bet is the 7 sections slip from William Hill. Simple way to describe it is the top section consists of games like St Mirren v Brechin, Real Madrid v Levante, games which should be bankers. Each section gets harder until you hit section 7, which has bastards like Luton v Accrington, Barnet v Grimsby, Hearts v Hibs. Me and my mate compete on it and pick 1 game from each section (a section gives you 7 choices). It's challenging enough that one bet can give you profit for the year. Aside from playing for cash, me and my mate do a separate competition with it where we see who does better on it each week. We start it in August and the final week was this weekend, then we will start up again a new season in August. You ask about cash, here's my tally from the last 4 years.

2014/15 - £40 spent, 1 bet won (£61.85) +£21.85 profit.

2015/16 + 2016/17 No wins, £39+£41 spent, -£80 over two seasons.

2017/18 - 2 Wins, £151.03 won from £40, £111.03 profit.

My other bet (again with my mate) was only started in the first week of this year. Again a £1 stake. Every Monday, you can bet on anything as long as it takes place that day (or starts, as tennis games for instance can be interrupted by rain). That bet comes in, you stick it all on Tuesday. Win, all goes on Wednesday. If you make it to Sunday and win on Sunday, you keep the cash. Bet messes up, it's week over. Then we start again at £1 the next Monday. With it being a new bet for us my figures are weak ATM but here they are.

18 Weeks Played - £18 spent.

Me - £14.24 winnings so far means loss of £3.76. Mate - £13.70 winnings so far means loss of £4.30.

The way I see it, I'm only spending £2 a week for a bit of fun between my mate and myself. I'm not aiming for serious cash, I don't expect serious cash, I just like the challenge and the excitement. I will also compete in free predictor games, Sky Sports Super 6, UEFA Champions League Predictor, UEFA European Qualifiers Predictor, UEFA Euro 2016, all of which I've set up leagues for mates and myself. Our work League on Super 6 does involve cash between us.

I will occasionally bet on big events such as the World Cup or Euros, Super Bowl, Grand National, but aside from things like that I stick to my two £1 bets. Hope this explains my betting enjoyment at least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

A fair question.

I do two main types of bet every week. Both are £1.

One bet is the 7 sections slip from William Hill. Simple way to describe it is the top section consists of games like St Mirren v Brechin, Real Madrid v Levante, games which should be bankers. Each section gets harder until you hit section 7, which has bastards like Luton v Accrington, Barnet v Grimsby, Hearts v Hibs. Me and my mate compete on it and pick 1 game from each section (a section gives you 7 choices). It's challenging enough that one bet can give you profit for the year. Aside from playing for cash, me and my mate do a separate competition with it where we see who does better on it each week. We start it in August and the final week was this weekend, then we will start up again a new season in August. You ask about cash, here's my tally from the last 4 years.

2014/15 - £40 spent, 1 bet won (£61.85) +£21.85 profit.

2015/16 + 2016/17 No wins, £39+£41 spent, -£80 over two seasons.

2017/18 - 2 Wins, £151.03 won from £40, £111.03 profit.

My other bet (again with my mate) was only started in the first week of this year. Again a £1 stake. Every Monday, you can bet on anything as long as it takes place that day (or starts, as tennis games for instance can be interrupted by rain). That bet comes in, you stick it all on Tuesday. Win, all goes on Wednesday. If you make it to Sunday and win on Sunday, you keep the cash. Bet messes up, it's week over. Then we start again at £1 the next Monday. With it being a new bet for us my figures are weak ATM but here they are.

18 Weeks Played - £18 spent.

Me - £14.24 winnings so far means loss of £3.76. Mate - £13.70 winnings so far means loss of £4.30.

The way I see it, I'm only spending £2 a week for a bit of fun between my mate and myself. I'm not aiming for serious cash, I don't expect serious cash, I just like the challenge and the excitement. I will also compete in free predictor games, Sky Sports Super 6, UEFA Champions League Predictor, UEFA European Qualifiers Predictor, UEFA Euro 2016, all of which I've set up leagues for mates and myself. Our work League on Super 6 does involve cash between us.

I will occasionally bet on big events such as the World Cup or Euros, Super Bowl, Grand National, but aside from things like that I stick to my two £1 bets. Hope this explains my betting enjoyment at least!

Thanks Cornwall. 

Sounds like a decent return for your time and obviously adds to your enjoyment and is social. Can't be bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2018 at 8:04 PM, Cornwall_Saint said:

My other bet (again with my mate) was only started in the first week of this year. Again a £1 stake. Every Monday, you can bet on anything as long as it takes place that day (or starts, as tennis games for instance can be interrupted by rain). That bet comes in, you stick it all on Tuesday. Win, all goes on Wednesday. If you make it to Sunday and win on Sunday, you keep the cash. Bet messes up, it's week over. Then we start again at £1 the next Monday. 

Made it halfway through last week then crashed out on Thursday.

My mate didn't make it past Monday this week, he had a fourfold but got done by Canada v Latvia (ice hockey), 60 min betting but Canada won in OT, 46 seconds in. On the other hand I really pushed the boat out with Karabukspor v FENERBAHCE at 1/100, their 7-0 victory won me 1p :lol:. My £1.01 goes on a double today, Wydad Casablanca and Esperance Tunis in the African Champions League. Wanted a fivefold but half my choices weren't up yet when LDU Quito played and won at 1.15am, then a tennis match got moved to tomorrow because of the shit weather in Rome, then Germany W U17s wasn't available when it came up in-play. So c'mon Esperance and Wydad!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Made it halfway through last week then crashed out on Thursday.
My mate didn't make it past Monday this week, he had a fourfold but got done by Canada v Latvia (ice hockey), 60 min betting but Canada won in OT, 46 seconds in. On the other hand I really pushed the boat out with Karabukspor v FENERBAHCE at 1/100, their 7-0 victory won me 1p :lol:. My £1.01 goes on a double today, Wydad Casablanca and Esperance Tunis in the African Champions League. Wanted a fivefold but half my choices weren't up yet when LDU Quito played and won at 1.15am, then a tennis match got moved to tomorrow because of the shit weather in Rome, then Germany W U17s wasn't available when it came up in-play. So c'mon Esperance and Wydad!

Roll on Wednesday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...