Sin Bin Betting Thread

faraway saint

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not a gambling addict.

I’m not a ManU fan.

and yet… if I was going to bet on a team in Saturday’s derby match, I’d probably choose Man U.

FA Cup - Winner Betting Odds · Manchester City. 3/10 · Manchester United. 3/1.

6 hours ago, antrin said:

I’m not a gambling addict.

I’m not a ManU fan.

and yet… if I was going to bet on a team in Saturday’s derby match, I’d probably choose Man U.

FA Cup - Winner Betting Odds · Manchester City. 3/10 · Manchester United. 3/1.

Man Utd now at 9/2, and rightly so.

City currently at 8/15 with Bet 365. 

United have won their last 4 league games but against "poor" opposition and City will have their strongest team out for this after playing mainly reserves for the last few games.

It's a game of fitba, we all know anything can happen but I won't be touching United. 

On 6/2/2023 at 3:01 PM, faraway saint said:

Man Utd now at 9/2, and rightly so.

City currently at 8/15 with Bet 365. 

United have won their last 4 league games but against "poor" opposition and City will have their strongest team out for this after playing mainly reserves for the last few games.

It's a game of fitba, we all know anything can happen but I won't be touching United. 

Aye, City, as suspected, get the victory. :wink:

image.thumb.png.19fed7264566e587ab7572b6efa02e18.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In the pub this afternoon I heard this belter of a story about a horses bet from last Saturday by one of the pub regulars in the next-door Ladbrokes.

He placed a £10 treble on 3 short(ish) priced favourites. The races were Ayr 2.59, Newmarket 3.17 and Ascot 4.20. He didn't name the horses on his betting slip, just the numbers.

His first 2 picks won at 7-4 and 9-4. At this point he discovered that he had mistakenly written Ascot 3.40 (horse no 8) instead of 4.20. Remarkably the 3.40 was won by no 8 at 80-1. Even more remarkably the horse's odds at the time he placed his bet had been 125-1, which Ladbrokes honoured.

By fluke he won £11,261.

:happyclapper

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Since we left europe the heat waves miss us out.

Another reason we shouldn't have left. 😉

Ach. Pish. We had a period in late May early June that was fcuking tremendous. Well certainly in the west of Scotland!🌞 🏝️ 🌞 

So much so that sea temperatures were abnormally high. Now that is worrying for marine ecosystems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-65948544

Plus Loch Ness experienced dramatic drop in water level to levels at the lowest since they started monitoring them. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jun/10/concern-over-loch-ness-low-water-levels-amid-uk-dry-spell

Edited by Albanian Buddy

2 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Ach. Pish. We had a period in late May early June that was fcuking tremendous. Well certainly in the west of Scotland!🌞 🏝️ 🌞 

So much so that sea temperatures were abnormally high. Now that is worrying for marine ecosystems.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-65948544

Plus Loch Ness experienced dramatic drop in water level to levels at the lowest since they started monitoring them. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jun/10/concern-over-loch-ness-low-water-levels-amid-uk-dry-spell

And that WAS summer. :byebye

:lol:

1 minute ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Just because the weather was better in Scotland then when you were working rather than when you went on holiday to Lanzarote 😂 

Not BETTER, less windy, but Lanzarote was wall to wall sunshine. :P

No going back after this October holiday, unless I take up kite flying. :lol:

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

@portmahomack saint, the golf kicks off a couple of hours early to try to miss bad weather.

Just in case you were planning to tune in. 

The wee bottle merchant cost me a few bob yesterday in the women's final at Wimbledon, should have trusted my gut feeling as she'd lost her previous 2 finals. :thumbsdown

image.thumb.png.5ba1228c9faf74574771995fe2358ddf.png

Oh aye up early for me not missed a shot and got a contender :shutup shouldn't be hard to work out who  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿