One Town, Which Team?

Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Exactly. this was the perfect time to push on as a club, to show how ambitious we are, to build our home support, everything was in place, the perfect storm so to speak,  if we are serious of being a top 6 team 5000+ home fans should be a target that's achievable, the fan base is there go get them,  instead of sitting down discussing how many old firm fans we should let in and counting the cash and sending out the wrong message, we should have been exploring all avenues and initiatives to fill the seats with our own fans FIRST, and not biting off the hand that feeds you.

Exactly this!

does anyone think other clubs including the OF are sitting down trying to figure out how to get more St Mirren fans into their ground than their own?

the biggest and lets face it most disgusting part of this shambolic two-faced decision is the fact Scott came out during BtB and specifically said he would always go to the fans first with an issue like this, and accept whatever they decided. It actually makes this board look worse than the previous board who never promised anything.

whatever our chairman says, the opposite is what he actually means, and the support just roll over and accept this blatant lie.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Exactly this!

does anyone think other clubs including the OF are sitting down trying to figure out how to get more St Mirren fans into their ground than their own?

the biggest and lets face it most disgusting part of this shambolic two-faced decision is the fact Scott came out during BtB and specifically said he would always go to the fans first with an issue like this, and accept whatever they decided. It actually makes this board look worse than the previous board who never promised anything.

whatever our chairman says, the opposite is what he actually means, and the support just roll over and accept this blatant lie.

Why do you even bother? Your hatrid of all things St mirren is so clear. Why not just patch it and go support the juniors? :lol: Give us all peace. 

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Why do you even bother? Your hatrid of all things St mirren is so clear. Why not just patch it and go support the juniors? :lol: Give us all peace. 

I take it from your response that you are happy for the chairman to promise faithfully to consult, and honour the fans wishes. Then to totally exclude them on the very issue he pledged to honour?

1 hour ago, cockles1987 said:

I'll answer, No.

As i presume your not trying to say that St Mirren are trying to get more opposing supporters in rather than Saints fans as I'm sure you know that both the Main Stand and the West Stand have bigger capacities than either of the North and South Stands, or are You?

In short are other clubs making plans to facilitate visiting st mirren fans, whilst upheaving their own?

19 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Brechin did this season.

They did, and made us all very welcome. Did their chairman promise to consult their fans first before accommodating us, then do the complete opposite?  Didnt get that vibe, plus the only upheaval was letting some of our support (incl yours truly) into part of the away end as the away end was overfilled( again their decision).

39 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Brechin did this season.

And very hospitable they were in every way. We were certainly treated as fellow human beings with a common interest. .football...even if we did represent the opposition. Without an opposing team there is no game. Without opposition fans there is little if any atmosphere. Perhaps all of us at every level could learn from Brechin. A club, manager and team that kept it's dignity during a very trying season.

They did, and made us all very welcome. Did their chairman promise to consult their fans first before accommodating us, then do the complete opposite?  Didnt get that vibe, plus the only upheaval was letting some of our support (incl yours truly) into part of the away end as the away end was overfilled( again their decision).

Don’t know what you’re slobbering about now. You asked a very simple question , I gave you a very simple answer. Simple.

7 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Don’t know what you’re slobbering about now. You asked a very simple question , I gave you a very simple answer. Simple.

Ah, is you upset by me pointing out that Brechin hadnt moved any of their fans from their usual spots before the game, and only did so during it for safety/better matchday experience reasons?

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ah, is you upset by me pointing out that Brechin hadnt moved any of their fans from their usual spots before the game, and only did so during it for safety/better matchday experience reasons?

I`m not upset in the slightest . I answered your question and you seem to be having difficulty accepting a very simple straight forward answer.  

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I take it from your response that you are happy for the chairman to promise faithfully to consult, and honour the fans wishes. Then to totally exclude them on the very issue he pledged to honour?

I’m happy with the decision made and as he said in his update, there was a lot of deliberation and discussions. Who’s to say fans weren’t included in that? 

Maybe they should of canvassed SMISA or season ticket holders but it’s done now and ultimately it’s the correct call to give us the best chance to stay in the league. I’m very confident that if it was put out to a vote it would of gotten the majority as well  

For once get over it. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I’m happy with the decision made and as he said in his update, there was a lot of deliberation and discussions. Who’s to say fans weren’t included in that? 

Maybe they should of canvassed SMISA or season ticket holders but it’s done now and ultimately it’s the correct call to give us the best chance to stay in the league. I’m very confident that if it was put out to a vote it would of gotten the majority as well  

For once get over it. 

Sorry.. what fans were consulted? If you, or anyone knows of a consultation as promised by the chairman then please share the detail.

i take from your response that you are sanguine with the chairman lying during BtB to get what he wants, as you believe that ultimately is best for the club? But what will he do when people just stop believing anything he says? He is on the record lying about consulting and be guided by the support. You seem to think thats just fine & dandy, other people actually think its important to stick to your freely made promises, just not Scott apparently.

25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry.. what fans were consulted? If you, or anyone knows of a consultation as promised by the chairman then please share the detail.

i take from your response that you are sanguine with the chairman lying during BtB to get what he wants, as you believe that ultimately is best for the club? But what will he do when people just stop believing anything he says? He is on the record lying about consulting and be guided by the support. You seem to think thats just fine & dandy, other people actually think its important to stick to your freely made promises, just not Scott apparently.

Looks like the chairman’s quoted six figure sum isn’t the truth either. 

In reality this decision allows us to sign a grand a week player and alienate our family support. 

57 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Maybe consulting fans is having spoken with David Nicoll and Alan Wardrop. 

For once get over it. 
"ultimately it's the correct call to give us the best chance to stay in the league"!

Ok... I'll bite.

Justify that crass statement!

The BEST chance? How come?

8 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Maybe consulting fans is having spoken with David Nicoll and Alan Wardrop. 

Ricky, I think you mean telling Nicol & Wardrobe.

its said when appointed to the board the above two gents insisted in setting out their stall by declaring "lets us be clear.... we're not just in here to be "Yes" men..! If Gordon says "No"..! We'll be saying "No" with him."

On 05/05/2018 at 12:52 PM, St.Ricky said:

There is a middle ground here. 

Simply make e. g.  W1 a family section and sell out the West Stand and Main Stand with St Mirren season ticket holders.

That's a terrible idea, and please explain why it constitutes a "middle ground".

You are suggesting  locating families with young children right next to a stand full of snarling, mouth breathing bigots, solely for the purpose of the club making an extra few bob. 

Family club? Aye, right ye are<_<

My alternative suggestion is to arrange for everyone who reckons the club's policy on this is an entirely reasonable approach to be relocated to W1, M8 & M9 and give the families their seats for the bigot games. That seems like a decent middle ground, no?

13 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Did you intentionally lie or try and mislead folk with your original post?

That simple enough?

Whit?

unless you can explain what you mean I am due back on planet earth soon.

are you happy that Gordon Scott lied to the support during BtB?

Edited by Lord Pityme

10 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

There will be bumps on the way, that was always going to happen. GLS is only here a short time in the grand scheme and the good he's done massively Outweighs any potential errors in judgement. Have you ever said anything remotely positive for  the St Mirren fan that put up his own cash to move our club into long-term fan ownership? That doesn't appear to be profiting from the deal for the club he loves? 

You're Mr Moan himself, all doom and gloom for something that in 10, 15, 20 years won't matter. Try looking at the bigger picture for once. 

And no I don't know what fan consultation took place but knowing everyone in the boardroom and on the SMISA committee are St Mirren fans, knowing they don't personally gain from this decision, I have faith they've done this in the best interest of SMFC.  That's enough for me and fortunately the cast majority of fans. You yet again can't see you're in a wee exclusive club of serial moaners. 

10 hours ago, DumboBud said:

In reality this decision allows us to sign a grand a week player and alienate our family support. 

10 hours ago, DumboBud said:

Don't make the mistake of thinking they all feel alienated, get the normal moaners of course but many seem to see the bigger picture. 

Both stands hold a combined 3,287 X £22 a ticket X up to four games = £289,256 

Yeah some will be kids tickets for example and we'd be getting roughly half that if it was only one stand but factor in the catering income for those fans and I can easily see it being a six figure income. 

What people against this fail to take into account is the added safety aspect as well. Fans of these teams would just buy home tickets if we didn't accommodate them. I remember being in the PDE stand at Love Street for a game against Rangers where over a dozen of their fans got chucked out over a number of separate occasions. Not quietly either. 

48 minutes ago, Drew said:

That's a terrible idea, and please explain why it constitutes a "middle ground".

You are suggesting  locating families with young children right next to a stand full of snarling, mouth breathing bigots, solely for the purpose of the club making an extra few bob. 

Family club? Aye, right ye are<_<

My alternative suggestion is to arrange for everyone who reckons the club's policy on this is an entirely reasonable approach to be relocated to W1, M8 & M9 and give the families their seats for the bigot games. That seems like a decent middle ground, no?

Drew.

Looks like you missed my post saying that I wasn't specifically suggesting any particular section of the West Stand.  I used W1 merely for illustration. It could be in the middle. 

30 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

It could be in the middle. 

Good luck with that:lol:

ETA - though I suppose that could be more accurately referred to as a middle ground....:rolleyes:

Edited by Drew

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Don't make the mistake of thinking they all feel alienated, get the normal moaners of course but many seem to see the bigger picture. 

Both stands hold a combined 3,287 X £22 a ticket X up to four games = £289,256 

Yeah some will be kids tickets for example and we'd be getting roughly half that if it was only one stand but factor in the catering income for those fans and I can easily see it being a six figure income. 

What people against this fail to take into account is the added safety aspect as well. Fans of these teams would just buy home tickets if we didn't accommodate them. I remember being in the PDE stand at Love Street for a game against Rangers where over a dozen of their fans got chucked out over a number of separate occasions. Not quietly either. 

That is some strange attempt to justify the six figure sum. 

Take both stands and assume that we will be in the same half of the league at the split as the old firm and get 4 games against them. 

This discussion is about the ‘extra’ income as a result of not having a family stand for the old firm games. 

So let’s take your figures and show where you are wrong. 

1650 x £22 (your estimated ticket price) = £36,300 x3 = £108,900 

Why 3 because that is all we are guaranteed and it makes the South Stand non OF season ticket price look very high if we are to assume that the club are banking on 4 games. 

So we have a six figure sum £108,900 on the assumption that all tickets are your full price and they all sell. Unfortunately the tax man wants his VAT and unless we want to annoy him we need to give him it. His share is £18,150. Leaving us with £90,750. 

Im sure you will agree that £90,750 is the best case figure based on your figures and that isn’t a six figure sum. 

No account taken of the £64 loss on the South Stand season book, no account of any increased stewarding, and you also mentioned that some OF fans normally buy tickets for the home end would be accommodated in the extra away stand now so these tickets wouldn’t actually be extra income as they would be substitutive. The catering is a franchise so unlikely to have extra income for the club although this does depend on the deal. 

Just because the chairman states something it doesn’t mean you need to defend it. 

There is no doubt that this decision brings in extra income but has nothing like the effect on the bottom line that many are clinging on to.