Coronavirus

faraway saint

I was in an exchange on Twitter the other day with a Spaniard living in Brussels. He wrote his final comment in Spanish so I used Google Translate. I then replied "Noo yer jist bein a tadger" - wonder how Google Translate got on with that...  
[emoji846]

Now you are acting like Thicky [emoji14]

lapha ukusiza [emoji6]

Today's number, 43, see's another, accepting every deaths a tragedy for the families involved, massive drop in fatalities.

There has been a 42% drop this week from the first week of this month, considerable.

The total numbers & daily averages for the first three weeks of June have been.............

1st - 7th 1608/230

8th - 14th 1156/165

9th - 21st 934/133

So, despite the lockdown being officially relaxed, more so in England, the numbers continue to drop.

Despite the public doing as they like over the last 6 weeks, using VE day as a starting point, the numbers continue to drop.

Seems the virus is on it's way out. 

20 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That is absolutely not what antrin has been saying.

It beggars belief you could have intepreted him in that way but there you go.

TBH, I think we've all just stopped caring about you doing things like this.

What was the meaning behind his response regarding the economy then in your opinion?

German R rate rises to 2.8 
And NS goes into full panic mode on Twitter. Given Leitch used as justification last week a figure for global ICU cases, you can sense that this will be used as justification for the snails pace of easing lockdown here. It might even be used to further delay relaxation. At least anyone arriving in the UK from Germany faces quarantine.....

53 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
German R rate rises to 2.8 

And NS goes into full panic mode on Twitter. Given Leitch used as justification last week a figure for global ICU cases, you can sense that this will be used as justification for the snails pace of easing lockdown here. It might even be used to further delay relaxation. At least anyone arriving in the UK from Germany faces quarantine.....

So as expected, not even 56 consecutive days of no internally transmitted cases at all will be enough for Sturgeon to remove all restrictions.

I think that's a very strong indicator that restrictions will continue well into the New Year. She won't allow football to get back to normal at all this coming season and we're going to have mass unemployment to look forward to in October when all furlough payments stop. This is shaping up to be the defining moment of her First Minister-ship and personally I think her crippling fear will finish her off. Hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling this is going to be it for her.

Businesses are going to have to make judgment calls as to whether to bypass the restrictions or face bankruptcy.

Oh and if I hear someone mention R rates again as though that number represents a factual thing, I'm going to scream.

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Your personal feelings against me cloud your judgement, we've long since established that. 

The issue here isn't about right or wrong. It's about I'm right and you are wrong. At least according to Mr Oaksoft. 

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

So as expected, not even 56 consecutive days of no internally transmitted cases at all will be enough for Sturgeon to remove all restrictions.

I think that's a very strong indicator that restrictions will continue well into the New Year. She won't allow football to get back to normal at all this coming season and we're going to have mass unemployment to look forward to in October when all furlough payments stop. This is shaping up to be the defining moment of her First Minister-ship and personally I think her crippling fear will finish her off. Hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling this is going to be it for her.

Businesses are going to have to make judgment calls as to whether to bypass the restrictions or face bankruptcy.

Let's put it this way. The economy is important for the whole community. Health is important for the whole community. 

The discussion seems to suggest that you have to choose one over the other. Not so... At least in most, but not all, advanced countries. Most have adopted a phased approach which, rightly imo, recognised that health should be prioritised at a cost to the economy. 

What we have now are debates on how quickly we move forward and on how and when we can open up the sectors of our economy as safely as possible so minimizing the risk to health of doing so whilst also minimizing financial damage to businesses. 

I have interests in several business both directly and indirectly so am keen for progress to be made, but not at too high a risk to life 

The R rate seems to provide the only direct comparison that can be applied... Flawed and imprecise as it is 

Edited by St.Ricky