Cost of Living

faraway saint

I've seen quite a few news items about the rise in shoplifting and the measures some shops are taking to try to combat this.

Facial recognition cameras are one of these measures but, as you can imagine, there's some do gooders whining about privacy, think I saw someone from an organisation about Big Brother Watch. 🤣

There's also some who try to use this rise in shoplifting as political point scoring that the cost of living crises is the reason for the rise.

Shopkeepers, on the other hand, tell a different story as most of the items being stolen are the usual stuff that scum and smack heads usually steal. 

Oh, petrol prices here in Arbroath, £1.55 in Morrisons yet Tesco in Dundee are selling petrol at £1.47.

Luckily I've been passing Tesco the last few days so I've been able to take advantage. 

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Slarti said:
34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Great news, I'm back on the next flight back to Tenerife. :thumbs2

Stay as long as you want, he's sacking you for unapproved time off. Oh well, it's just a slightly earlier retirement than you planned. Enjoy.

I've been considering early retirement, he's done me a favour, no more scraping the windscreen at stupid o'clock in the morning, yippee. 

7 deg on the way in to the office this morning and dry which was a pleasant surprise, last Friday in the office this year, tomorrow we're out for our pre Christmas Christmas meal which I'm really looking forward to. Hopefully the footy will mean I don't have to pretend I'm in a good mood. 🙂

33 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Why is that important? 🍿🍿🍿

Who said anything about it being "important"?

You're the very person who has regularly told people to visit the "Get A Life Shop", irony in the extreme given you still prop up on here while claiming to be "away on holiday".

Maybe such shops don't exists on the island of Tenerife however so you decided to spend all your time on here...

5 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

Who said anything about it being "important"?

You're the very person who has regularly told people to visit the "Get A Life Shop", irony in the extreme given you still prop up on here while claiming to be "away on holiday".

Maybe such shops don't exists on the island of Tenerife however so you decided to spend all your time on here...

prop? :lol:

I've LOTS of time on holiday, laying in the sunshine and I like the forum.

If you don't like my content stop following me around the forum shull, you've all sorts of "all our yesterdays" shite to be posting. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

prop? :lol:

I've LOTS of time on holiday, laying in the sunshine and I like the forum.

If you don't like my content stop following me around the forum shull, you've all sorts of "all our yesterdays" shite to be posting. :byebye

Maybe you should take your own advice regarding following people around the forum?  Your hypocrisy on here is in a league of it's own.

I've told you before that I can tell when I've hit a nerve with someone because they accuse me of being an alias of Shull.  I'm not Shull but everytime you and your band of merry trolls accuse me of being him, it gives me a great laugh. 

Why don't you all do what you keep advising others do and ask the webmaster if I am Shull?

Of course, he'll say I'm not although I suspect none of you will ask him as it suits you all to think I'm an alias as more than one person thinking you're all nothing but sad little trolls couldn't be possible, could it?

3 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

Maybe you should take your own advice regarding following people around the forum?  Your hypocrisy on here is in a league of it's own.

I've told you before that I can tell when I've hit a nerve with someone because they accuse me of being an alias of Shull.  I'm not Shull but everytime you and your band of merry trolls accuse me of being him, it gives me a great laugh. 

Why don't you all do what you keep advising others do and ask the webmaster if I am Shull?

Of course, he'll say I'm not although I suspect none of you will ask him as it suits you all to think I'm an alias as more than one person thinking you're all nothing but sad little trolls couldn't be possible, could it?

:lol:

You seem to know an awful lot about me for a "new" member and you and shull appear at similar times on a regular basis.

You keep telling yourself that, it's only a matter of time, @Percy Veer said almost the exact same words. 

45 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

Your usual splattering, how apt, of likes for yourself as you were dropping down in your like count. 

9 in 5 mins, quite a bit of work. :lol:

image.thumb.png.cf5a7f38a4329304bfa1ea7e7db4843d.png

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You seem to know an awful lot about me for a "new" member and you and shull appear at similar times on a regular basis.

You keep telling yourself that, it's only a matter of time, @Percy Veer said almost the exact same words. 

When have I ever suggested that I "know an awful lot about" you?  That's right, I haven't!

I don't "know an awful lot about" you and I don't want to!

It is capable to read this website as a guest, which is exactly what I did for a long time before joining.  I observed your behaviour towards other people and had you sussed right away as a fake and "wannabe".  In my experience, people who shout the loudest about what other people do are usually the very ones who do those acts themselves.  In your case, I've already exposed you for "liking" your posts.  How ironic you hark about others doing the very same thing!

You are a deluded fool and I will continue to call you out as and when I see fit!  I am perfectly entitled to reply to any post on here or not, just as you are.

If my postings upset you so much please do yourself a favour and put me "on ignore".

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

47 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Your usual splattering, how apt, of likes for yourself as you were dropping down in your like count. 

9 in 5 mins, quite a bit of work. :lol:

image.thumb.png.cf5a7f38a4329304bfa1ea7e7db4843d.png

Two separate replies to one post! :lol:

My, my someone is indeed "rattled"!