The Lionesses Thread

shull

WTF is all the fuss about with this?

For me it's akin to The Emperor's new clothes. If you call it out for what it is, second class football, you're a misogynist.

For the most part, the football is dire and at least one of the female commentator's high pitch shrill makes me cringe.

It's bad enough I need to get my football fixx watching Saints without indulging in more torture.

17 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

WTF is all the fuss about with this?

For me it's akin to The Emperor's new clothes. If you call it out for what it is, second class football, you're a misogynist.

For the most part, the football is dire and at least one of the female commentator's high pitch shrill makes me cringe.

It's bad enough I need to get my football fixx watching Saints without indulging in more torture.

There's some truth in what you say but, as usual, you overlook that there has been some surprisingly decent play, especially up front.

Of course there's a lot og hype, especially with England, that's to be expected.

It's not for me, I've barely watched any.

As for your comment on the commentators, I think that frimley puts you in a club most would rather avoid. 

There are plenty of similar MALE commentators and plenty of shit MALE players, you only have to pop along to a certain ground in Paisley to confirm this. 

Time you crawled out of the shallow, dark world you live in and into the light, although I think that's impossible for you. 

There's some truth in what you say but, as usual, you overlook that there has been some surprisingly decent play, especially up front.
Of course there's a lot og hype, especially with England, that's to be expected.
It's not for me, I've barely watched any.
As for your comment on the commentators, I think that frimley puts you in a club most would rather avoid. 
There are plenty of similar MALE commentators and plenty of shit MALE players, you only have to pop along to a certain ground in Paisley to confirm this. 
Time you crawled out of the shallow, dark world you live in and into the light, although I think that's impossible for you. 

I think the fact that there is any hype at all is cos England are there. Or were there, I don't know, are they still in it? I assume so if there is still hype.

Haven't watched much since the group games, England are still in it, and are likely to be in the final, they've got a long way to go to be worth the watch consistently for my money and this is one of the higher quality tournaments, having said that I enjoyed much of what I watched but at times it looks like kids playing on a full sized pitch. It is just a different game that can't be compared with the men's game at the equivalent tournament.

I haven’t watched every game nor lasted 90  minutes where there was an obvious mismatch between the teams but do see a big step up in fitness, speed and physicality as well as ball control, moving off the ball and in completed passes, particularly with the top teams. Some excellent finishing too. 

31 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I haven’t watched every game nor lasted 90  minutes where there was an obvious mismatch between the teams but do see a big step up in fitness, speed and physicality as well as ball control, moving off the ball and in completed passes, particularly with the top teams. Some excellent finishing too. 

I would agree to certain extent however there is much more space and the tempo although better is still frustratingly slower than it could be, as for finishing, looks more spectacular when the keepers are smaller in proportion to the size of the goals