FAO The Northbank!

How about a new song?

This is one that Swansea City used to sing, which I think is class, and is easily adaptable...

Paisley, oh Paisley, St Mirren Sang I

I'll be standing on the Northbank until the day I die

[This is where you need to be a little bit creative]

Some features from our history that I think are worth mentioning:

We played Barcelona in 1922 - https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4444-the-barcelona-cup-100-years-on

We were the first club in the world to wear black and white stripes (as far as I can tell - ours pre-date Newcastle's, Notts County's and Juventus's)

Plus, of course, there's our cup wins and the fact we hate the Old Firm & Morton

Maybe some of our more talented members could compose some more lyrics to the tune? @div could even make it a competition. :) 

Here's one:

Paisley, oh Paisley, Saint Mirren sang I

Take me to Saint Mirren Park, down in Paisley

Where I will follow the mighty Saints

Saint Mirren FC

Edited by W6er

59 minutes ago, W6er said:

How about a new song?

This is one that Swansea City used to sing, which I think is class, and is easily adaptable...

Paisley, oh Paisley, St Mirren Sang I

[This is where you need to be a little bit creative]

Some features from our history that I think are worth mentioning:

We played Barcelona in 1922 - https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4444-the-barcelona-cup-100-years-on

We were the first club in the world to wear black and white stripes (as far as I can tell - ours pre-date Newcastle's, Notts County's and Juventus's)

Plus, of course, there's our cup wins and the fact we hate the Old Firm & Morton

Maybe some of our more talented members could compose some more lyrics to the tune? @div could even make it a competition. :) 

Notts county were first ,they wore black and white stripes v Barcelona  ,we played in pink I believe

4 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Notts county were first ,they wore black and white stripes v Barcelona  ,we played in pink I believe

According to historicalkits.co.uk we wore black and white stripes in 1884:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/St_Mirren/St_Mirren.htm

Notts County first wore them in 1890:

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Notts_County/Notts_County.htm

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

St Mirren already have the best “NorthBank” football terrace anthem and nothing needs to change. 

It's not a bad song. I always feel a tad embarrassed singing 'North Bank Aggaro, we'll take you on whoever you may be'...

I sing it regardless, but I'm in my forties now and feel a bit daft. Anyway, it's not to replace a song...there can be two Northbank songs. :) 

2 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

St Mirren already have the best “NorthBank” football terrace anthem and nothing needs to change. 

45 minutes ago, W6er said:

It's not a bad song. I always feel a tad embarrassed singing 'North Bank Aggaro, we'll take you on whoever you may be'...

I sing it regardless, but I'm in my forties now and feel a bit daft. Anyway, it's not to replace a song...there can be two Northbank songs. :) 

"We are the Northbank Aggaro" is a cringeworthy embarrassment!  Either sung by old guys trying to relive their youth of when they thought they were "real men" because they smacked a few people about or wee weans who are too young to have been on the Northbank.  A load of testosterone fuelled shite!

38 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

"We are the Northbank Aggaro" 

Shull. 

The song is clearly a link to the past remembering the great days of the NorthBank at Love Street. 

Even your favourite manager Jack Ross pictured at the start of this journey sung it when he helped mastermind the great escape from relegation from the championship at Easter Road. 

IMG_1435.thumb.webp.bcb84707f368d27001d163015cc5bff8.webp

Yeah. Let’s ban it - but perhaps on the basis that it is clearly sexist in nature.

”cause we are the boys from Paisley!”

It really doesn’t sit well with our diverse support now does it?

IMG_1434.jpeg.6241aaf1e98ca7154db6ddcdee00e809.jpeg

@Albanian Buddy, I sing it and I like it in a way. I just cringe a bit, as I feel a bit old to sing it. 

Every time I watch Footy Adventures every group of Ultras seem to sing the same tedious song. I came across that Swansea song and thought it was a nice tune and easily adapted. Anyway, I suppose it will be up to the boys on the Northbank. :) 

ETA: I think W7 can still be referred to as the Northbank, as it is the north end of the ground, albeit located on the West side. 

Edited by W6er

35 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Shull

The song is clearly a link to the past remembering the great days of the NorthBank at Love Street. 

Even your favourite manager Jack Ross pictured at the start of this journey sung it when he helped mastermind the great escape from relegation from the championship at Easter Road. 

IMG_1435.thumb.webp.bcb84707f368d27001d163015cc5bff8.webp

Yeah. Let’s ban it - but perhaps on the basis that it is clearly sexist in nature.

”cause we are the boys from Paisley!”

It really doesn’t sit well with our diverse support now does it?

IMG_1434.jpeg.6241aaf1e98ca7154db6ddcdee00e809.jpeg

Ok Faraway!  Incidentally, Jack Ross is definitely not my "favourite manager".  Is that bottom picture of him from after our defeat to Raith Rovers when he didn't take the Challenge Cup seriously?

34 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

Ok Faraway!  Incidentally, Jack Ross is definitely not my "favourite manager".  Is that bottom picture of him from after our defeat to Raith Rovers when he didn't take the Challenge Cup seriously?

Are you sure you are still able to drive a taxi with such poor eyesight Shull?

There are clearly Hibs supporters with green seats in the background. 

Both pictures are from the same game. But you were probably listening on the wireless in your cab. 😂 🚕 🤡 

IMG_1438.thumb.jpeg.8149df945a7f15e962112edf27563ff0.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Are you sure you are still able to drive a taxi with such poor eyesight Shull?

There are clearly Hibs supporters with green seats in the background. 

Both pictures are from the same game. But you were probably listening on the wireless in your cab. 😂 🚕 🤡 

IMG_1438.thumb.jpeg.8149df945a7f15e962112edf27563ff0.jpeg

From the guy that thinks I'm Shull! :lol

I can't speak on behalf of Shull but I was definitely at that match at Easter Road stadium.  I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and match and was relieved that we managed to maintain our Championship status.

47 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

Are you just catching on about our friendly "Albanian"?! :lol  Do they sell "smokies" in Tirana? :lol

I was accused of being another poster when I first joined the forum, in fact my accuser was none other than @faraway saint! Was it St. Ricky I was mistaken for? I cannot find his username, but folk used to call him Fricky, IIRC. I would therefore caution folk about jumping to conclusions. However, @Albanian Buddy did say he chose his username because that was where his IP address was located, so he stated (or perhaps implied) that he was using a VPN, which I did find a little odd. He seems very hostile towards me, however, whereas Faraway's mostly pleasant. 

I would say I don't care, but having written the above I imagine that will be considered dishonest. Truth is I cannot stay off here at the moment, due to my excitement for the game on Saturday. I feel like a kid at Christmas, I just hope I don't receive a lump of coal. :( 

5 minutes ago, W6er said:

I was accused of being another poster when I first joined the forum, in fact my accuser was none other than @faraway saint! Was it St. Ricky I was mistaken for? I cannot find his username, but folk used to call him Fricky, IIRC. I would therefore caution folk about jumping to conclusions. However, @Albanian Buddy did say he chose his username because that was where his IP address was located, so he stated (or perhaps implied) that he was using a VPN, which I did find a little odd. He seems very hostile towards me, however, whereas Faraway's mostly pleasant. 

I would say I don't care, but having written the above I imagine that will be considered dishonest. Truth is I cannot stay off here at the moment, due to my excitement for the game on Saturday. I feel like a kid at Christmas, I just hope I don't receive a lump of coal. :( 

I fully agree with you about being cautious to jump to conclusions.

My attitude is that many people on here take themselves and this website far too seriously.

I've been accused of being Shull by a few different people now.  If these individuals are prepared to "dish it out", then it's my opinion that they should be prepared to have it "served back to them" also. 

Albanian Buddy thinks he's being "clever" with the whole "your Shull" stuff but using the clown face emoji and going on about driving a taxi is a bit too "Faraway-esque" for me so if he doesn't want compared to Faraway, he shouldn't behave like him.  That goes for other posters on here who think because their previous accounts were banned they can start afresh with a "new account".  They trip themselves up in the end eventually.

Anyway, I'm mainly on here to talk about St. Mirren, maybe Scotland National Team and the odd other football match that I might watch on television.  I don't see the point in getting upset about "likes" or who has spent more money on St. Mirren over the years: that to me is just silly, unless it's being done to wind-up Faraway! :P

Anyway, I've "liked" a few of your posts over the course of this week: I'll be getting accused of being your alias! :whistle

7 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

I fully agree with you about being cautious to jump to conclusions.

My attitude is that many people on here take themselves and this website far too seriously.

I've been accused of being Shull by a few different people now.  If these individuals are prepared to "dish it out", then it's my opinion that they should be prepared to have it "served back to them" also. 

Albanian Buddy thinks he's being "clever" with the whole "your Shull" stuff but using the clown face emoji and going on about driving a taxi is a bit too "Faraway-esque" for me so if he doesn't want compared to Faraway, he shouldn't behave like him.  That goes for other posters on here who think because their previous accounts were banned they can start afresh with a "new account".  They trip themselves up in the end eventually.

Anyway, I'm mainly on here to talk about St. Mirren, maybe Scotland National Team and the odd other football match that I might watch on television.  I don't see the point in getting upset about "likes" or who has spent more money on St. Mirren over the years: that to me is just silly, unless it's being done to wind-up Faraway! :P

Anyway, I've "liked" a few of your posts over the course of this week: I'll be getting accused of being your alias! :whistle

🤣 Just the one account's more than enough for me! I take it you're going to the match tomorrow?! 🤩