Motorhome

faraway saint

2 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Well I've had a long wheelbase transit on it before but as you'll know from the weather thread it's always raining, as it is now!

8.3 metres long. 

PIssing down here as well but forecast is to be decent tomorrow and reasonably mild although St Andrews is almost always breezy when we go over there. 

Slight change of plan, only got as far as Carnoustie as a mate and his wife were down there so we spent an hour with them in the van.

After they left we walked along the beach for almost an hour, stunning day albeit as wee bit breezy.

Had a bite to eat, roll and bacon & egg, cup of tea and then attempted to build the bed.

It didn't go well, although I'm more in favour of using the bed above the drivers area, Mrs Faraway not so much.

Anyhow, another day, learnt a few more things. 

20240218_153440.thumb.jpg.4e3d61f3941d045005c59eb2fa2dcf57.jpg

Edited by faraway saint

On 2/18/2024 at 5:29 PM, faraway saint said:

It didn't go well, although I'm more in favour of using the bed above the drivers area, Mrs Faraway not so much.

If memory serves me right, it can be a bit claustophobic in that bed with the closeness of the roof of the van.

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

If memory serves me right, it can be a bit claustophobic in that bed with the closeness of the roof of the van.

If you're claustrophobic then I get that but me, on the other hand, see it I would when I was 12, a cozy wee space with two windows I can peek out and enjoy the scenery. 😉

On 2/22/2024 at 12:57 PM, faraway saint said:

If you're claustrophobic then I get that but me, on the other hand, see it I would when I was 12, a cozy wee space with two windows I can peek out and enjoy the scenery. 😉

Maybe the good lady is more worried about folk looking in rather than out. 😂

26 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Google maps satellite  will be having a field day 😲

Speaking of Google Maps I happened to look at our house about a month or so ago and it was a fairly recent image as our current car, only purchased late last February, was sitting on the driveway. 

Pity the dogs were out as they'd have been barking like feck at the window. 🤣

• 4 weeks later...

Our first overnight trip is not that far away, a week this Friday and the motorhome is starting to look like ours.

Mrs Faraway has been busy buying stuff for the last few month and after the final minor issues being taken care of by the company we purchased it from it's now all go.

Not going too faraway :rolleyes: for our first trip but it'll give us a chance to fully use all the facilities that the van has to offer.

Looking forward to settling in, nice and cosy, few drinks and listening to some music as we relax with the dogs.  

On 3/19/2024 at 8:08 PM, faraway saint said:

Our first overnight trip is not that far away, a week this Friday and the motorhome is starting to look like ours.

Mrs Faraway has been busy buying stuff for the last few month and after the final minor issues being taken care of by the company we purchased it from it's now all go.

Not going too faraway :rolleyes: for our first trip but it'll give us a chance to fully use all the facilities that the van has to offer.

Looking forward to settling in, nice and cosy, few drinks and listening to some music as we relax with the dogs.  

Almost all set for next weekend.

Filled up the water tank today and added some cleaning stuff.

Drain it out tomorrow and flush out again then we're all go.

The overhead bed, as much as I fancy it, could be dodgy during the night getting down, especially after a sherry or two so safer to make up the bed in the seating area. :rolleyes:

58 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Almost all set for next weekend.

Filled up the water tank today and added some cleaning stuff.

Drain it out tomorrow and flush out again then we're all go.

The overhead bed, as much as I fancy it, could be dodgy during the night getting down, especially after a sherry or two so safer to make up the bed in the seating area. :rolleyes:

Where are you going? 🚐

2 minutes ago, HSS said:

Where are you going? 🚐

A wee site just at Forfar.

It;s got a restaurant on site so we'll use that on the Saturday night,

Not far, as I said, but this gives a chance to trial the whole experience before going further afield for the next trip.

If it all goes wrong I can be home in under 30 mins. :lol:

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Good stuff, hope you enjoy it and the dogs give you peace overnight 😄

On the 3 or 4 wee day trips we've had the dogs, especially the wee dog, have really settled well.

They love looking out the window and rarely make any noise.

As we get more confident they will get to see plenty of new places, beaches, wooded ares and more exercise with two walks, weather permitting, a day.

Already pencilled in a cracking site in Fort William although there are hundreds to choose from in Scotland alone.  

PS They will be sleeping on the other single seating area, not on the floor as that's a trip hazard. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Also if you’re up to a bit of rumpy pumpy you’re better nearer ground level or the whole site will know what you’re up to 👍🏼

Today's the day, almost all set, just a few things to take in, get myself showered/shaved and we'll be off just after 2.

Excited with a wee bit of trepidation but as we're not going far it'll be fine. 

Dogs will have a great time, lots of new places to sniff around and we've a bottle of bubbly to crack open this evening to celebrate a new chapter in our lives.

Very enjoyable evening.

Lovely tea, bottle of fizz, few drinks (quite a few TBH) then the "carry on" putting the bed together. 🤣

Stunning morning so far, showers forecast after lunch.

We've booked a table at a restaurant adjoining the site then back for the big final.......Gladiators.  👍

First weekend completed.

A few minor issues, making up the bed when half scooped was comedy gold. :lol:

That apart, all went well although we did drive away without the small step but our friendly neighbour raced after us as we were emptying out the grey water.

Already booked our next trip, a weekend down in Fife in May as April is almost fully booked.

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

First weekend completed.

A few minor issues, making up the bed when half scooped was comedy gold. :lol:

That apart, all went well although we did drive away without the small step but our friendly neighbour raced after us as we were emptying out the grey water.

Already booked our next trip, a weekend down in Fife in May as April is almost fully booked.

You should start a YouTube channel, van life is very popular the now 👍🏻

So we park down at the seafront today, blustery but the tide was out so no big deal.

Fast forward a few hours and it feels as though we're at sea.

Waves battering over the sea wall and hitting the motorhome, much to the surprise of the dogs. 

Been a nice wee Sunday, cozy, massive brunch, Firestick giving an almost faultless performance for the fitba and anither day out rather than staying at home.

Planning a weekend in Pitlochry soon. 👍