GB News

shull

5 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Go on then. I’m intrigued. 

With all the...not trolls, exactly...let's call them wind up merchants, on here? Let's be honest, this isn't the place for Christian prophecy and eschatology.  😆

It predicts a nuclear war, though. 😑

19 minutes ago, W6er said:

With all the...not trolls, exactly...let's call them wind up merchants, on here?

But if it’s a convincing argument what’s the problem?

Jesus supposedly died for my sins and yours.

I’m sure your sin count is much less than mine. Not that I’m keeping count. But I assume you do. 

27 minutes ago, W6er said:

It predicts a nuclear war, though. 

Then what happens?

I think [mention=6256]ALBIONSAINT[/mention]'s perfectly entitled to point out the sheer idiocy of appointing a 'fact checker' who's clearly proven to be deceitful. Though I agree with you, that she is unlikely to be a singular example.

Poacher turned gamekeeper.[emoji6]

Having been originally from G-Hill, my work colleagues have said similar to me on occasions. [emoji848]

7 hours ago, W6er said:

Define right-wing?

What was the 1950s Labour Party's perspective on:

- homosexuality?

- gay marriage?

- trans rights?

-mass-immigration?

- capital punishment?

- corporal punishment in schools?

Was the 1950s Labour Party right-wing?

I'm not trying to be abrasive. My point is that either the definition has changed so that what was once considered left-wing is now right-wing, in which case it is a fluid definition and not something that is fixed, or the Labour Party was never left-wing in the first place.

Being left-wing used to be about advocating on behalf after the working classes. It has now seemingly morphed into something entirely different. I would suggest that the current definition is a misnomer.

I certainly wouldn’t define myself or “left-wing” in terms of the “labour-party”.

left wing is not the Labour Party - if anything “left-wing” is simply the antithesis of all that the Tories stand for and have always been trying to hold on to.  Privilege, power and position… at the expense of everyone else.

Edited by antrin

8 hours ago, W6er said:

I think @ALBIONSAINT's perfectly entitled to point out the sheer idiocy of appointing a 'fact checker' who's clearly proven to be deceitful. Though I agree with you, that she is unlikely to be a singular example.

And can people not learn from their mistakes?  It was a historical action, discovered at the time and she acknowledged her stupidity and groundless action at the time.

The other people involved accepted the apology, and moved on with their lives.  She learnt from it… and yet…. The media outlets now picking on her have always been able to find acres, reams and miles of space for all the lies that The Buffoon and the rest of the Tories constantly treat us to.

I find it almost incredible that such lying rags would dare pillory someone for a decades-old untruth.

do not condemn and you will not be condemned…

15 hours ago, antrin said:

And can people not learn from their mistakes?  It was a historical action, discovered at the time and she acknowledged her stupidity and groundless action at the time.

The other people involved accepted the apology, and moved on with their lives.  She learnt from it… and yet…. The media outlets now picking on her have always been able to find acres, reams and miles of space for all the lies that The Buffoon and the rest of the Tories constantly treat us to.

I find it almost incredible that such lying rags would dare pillory someone for a decades-old untruth.

do not condemn and you will not be condemned…

I suppose if she hadn’t declared herself the ‘most holy of truth seekers’ no one would hold it against her. It’s not her personally where the problem lays, it’s the pomposity of the BBC to put themselves up as the centre of all that is truthful. There is no absolute truth just versions from your perspective. 

23 hours ago, W6er said:

Define right-wing?

What was the 1950s Labour Party's perspective on:

- homosexuality?

- gay marriage?

- trans rights?

-mass-immigration?

- capital punishment?

- corporal punishment in schools?

Was the 1950s Labour Party right-wing?

I'm not trying to be abrasive. My point is that either the definition has changed so that what was once considered left-wing is now right-wing, in which case it is a fluid definition and not something that is fixed, or the Labour Party was never left-wing in the first place.

Being left-wing used to be about advocating on behalf after the working classes. It has now seemingly morphed into something entirely different. I would suggest that the current definition is a misnomer.

I think, more to the point is that there is NO labour party as we knew it pre Thatcher. The right wing media has made sure of this. Look at what happened to the only true left wing Labour leader that tried to take the party back to its roots. As soon as Corbyn came close to being electable, and he did, the right wing media lambasted him and brought back the "loonie left" tag to scare the "normal working class". Add to that the nonsense that actually calling Israel out for the atrocities they were committing was suddenly "anti semitic".

Your list is something that crossed party lines in change of attitude so it's a bit disingenuous to use it as a gauge on what is  or is not true Labour policy. The whole of society has moved on from the dark ages. 

On 10/1/2023 at 2:14 PM, stlucifer said:

I think, more to the point is that there is NO labour party as we knew it pre Thatcher. The right wing media has made sure of this. Look at what happened to the only true left wing Labour leader that tried to take the party back to its roots. As soon as Corbyn came close to being electable, and he did, the right wing media lambasted him and brought back the "loonie left" tag to scare the "normal working class". Add to that the nonsense that actually calling Israel out for the atrocities they were committing was suddenly "anti semitic".

Your list is something that crossed party lines in change of attitude so it's a bit disingenuous to use it as a gauge on what is  or is not true Labour policy. The whole of society has moved on from the dark ages. 

I would agree that since Blair, the Labour Party has changed completely. I agree with you about Corbyn, too, though I lost a lot of respect for him when he caved into pressure and wore a poppy. We need leaders with principles and Corbyn actually seemed to fit the bill, but was either not strong enough to resist the media outcry or was willing to compromise them for some other purpose. The Israeli lobby group is very powerful and unfortunately they would not stand for a prime minister who is not committed to that country.

My list is something that crossed party lines. However, I think most of those policies were endorsed by the USSR, Cuba, China and many other communist countries. My point is that they're often considered 'right-wing' policies.

I read Pie and Bovril earlier and had the misfortune to pop into the Russel Brand thread. Apparently he's now 'hard-right', which again boggles the mind, given that I understand his new stance was that the pharmaceutical industry is in cahoots with the Tory government (amongst others) to foist the vaccine on us all whilst they enrich themselves. Indeed the premise of the whole anti-WEF 'conspiracy' is that a group of billionaires wants to gradually erode away our rights and have us living in 15 minute ghettos and eating bugs. Isn't opposition to the super-rich a left-wing phenomena? Genuinely, I think the whole left/right dichotomy is 💩.

I suppose I consider myself mostly right, though...as opposed to mostly wrong! 🤪

• 4 weeks later...