Sin Bin Weather Thread

faraway saint

5 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Do you have a backup power supply in the event of loss of mains electricity?

There is an auxiliary powers supply (generator) on the island for when the electricity goes down, which happens from time to time, but I also have a home battery back up supply system as well......it'd be difficult for any "time-critical" admin or online business to survive without it out here, it's a much hardier way of life but all the better for it.

16 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

There is an auxiliary powers supply (generator) on the island for when the electricity goes down, which happens from time to time, but I also have a home battery back up supply system as well......it'd be difficult for any "time-critical" admin or online business to survive without it out here, it's a much hardier way of life but all the better for it.

Outstanding. I expected that to be the case. Now get back to work 😂 I’ve got some walking to do on the beach.

IMG_6588.thumb.jpeg.c90eb6833897ef6e580feebc1dba3b24.jpeg

-4 on the way home but, thankfully, I had no old wimmin driving in front of me so I could safely drive along about 45 mph unlike last night when 30 mph seemed to be the adopted speed. 

No more snow forecast and a rise in temperatures on Friday is good news as that's the day we pick up the motorhome. :thumbs2

No sign of any more snow although still plenty covering the ground in our street.

With the temperatures still minus it'll take a while to clear.

Man flu still hanging about, mainly a cough and a slight sore head, been almost a week and it's hit quite a few of my work colleagues who've taken the opportunity to snuggle up in a nice warm bed. 

Last working day, that's some good news. 

No sign of any more snow although still plenty covering the ground in our street.
With the temperatures still minus it'll take a while to clear.
Man flu still hanging about, mainly a cough and a slight sore head, been almost a week and it's hit quite a few of my work colleagues who've taken the opportunity to snuggle up in a nice warm bed. 
Last working day, that's some good news. 
Felt it colder this morning outside but forgot to look at the temperature in the car.

Definitely feeling the difference between a petrol and diesel for the heat coming through the blowers.

Off again @Faraway [emoji50]

A wee bit cloudier this morning but still getting a wee bit brighter every day.
No sign of a thaw, still solid ice/snow outside on our street and no gritter has bothered to make a wee trip into our road.

Was really icy this morning, glad of my previous ice hockey experience to not go down. My waving of my arms in the air must have looked comical. So glad I was out of shot of my ring doorbell. [emoji16]

PS I blaming you for the appearance of you know who back in the main. Wonder how many likes he's been dishing out [emoji6]

6 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Was really icy this morning, glad of my previous ice hockey experience to not go down. My waving of my arms in the air must have looked comical. So glad I was out of shot of my ring doorbell. emoji16.png

PS I blaming you for the appearance of you know who back in the main. Wonder how many likes he's been dishing out emoji6.png

He's not got round to dishing out likes, watch this space. 

Anyhow, slight rise in the temperature has started to thaw the ice and snow.

Keep it up, we've had lot's more snow than Dundee and Perth going by what we saw on today's journey. 

He's not got round to dishing out likes, watch this space. 
Anyhow, slight rise in the temperature has started to thaw the ice and snow.
Keep it up, we've had lot's more snow than Dundee and Perth going by what we saw on today's journey. 
Makes you wonder [emoji23]

e9aff8caa9d40b085af0b429bbd55692.jpg

Bloody body clock doesn't take into account its the weekend. I need my sleep, I've got a big cup game to officiate at later, weather permitting of course.

Press button, blinds open, roofs opposite look OK, so it's not been snowing, don't hear rain on windows, so it's dry and by the looks of the trees it isn't windy either.

Blinds now been closed and its turn over and try to get some more sleep before my alarm. [emoji112]

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Makes you wonder emoji23.png

e9aff8caa9d40b085af0b429bbd55692.jpg

Bloody body clock doesn't take into account its the weekend. I need my sleep, I've got a big cup game to officiate at later, weather permitting of course.

Press button, blinds open, roofs opposite look OK, so it's not been snowing, don't hear rain on windows, so it's dry and by the looks of the trees it isn't windy either.

Blinds now been closed and its turn over and try to get some more sleep before my alarm. emoji112.png

I knew he'd resurrect Big Yards, it's highly amusing, if predictable.

Up at the same "stupid O'clock" and still persisting that he's not Shull. :lol:

Same old shite. 

Anyhow, the thaw continues, really making a difference to the conditions underfoot, especially for the dogs who've hated the freezing snow/ice.

Not a lot planned today, granddaughter staying over tonight so it's a great chance for me to watch an animated movie, brilliant.

Edited by faraway saint

I knew he'd resurrect Big Yards, it's highly amusing, if predictable.
Up at the same "stupid O'clock" and still persisting that he's not Shull. [emoji38]
Same old shite. 
Anyhow, the thaw continues, really making a difference to the conditions underfoot, especially for the dogs who've hated the freezing snow/ice.
Not a lot planned today, granddaughter staying over tonight so it's a great chance for me to watch an animated movie, brilliant.

Got a tip for you and the dogs.

bcf9bee575b95f6b2884ee8b68a741c0.jpg

9 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Nice evening to blow a few cob webs off walking up the road.

20c58e337d0a90e5af394cdf42674912.jpg

Did someone forget what log on to use emoji1787.png

But, but, but Im not shull. 🤣🤣🤣

Madness doesn't come itself, it brings many aliases and he's back to dishing out the likes. 😜

Nice morning, mild but the rains just started.

Never mind, not be long till January is over. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Been blawing a gale all night, hope there's not any damage to my fence, only painted it last summer. :rolleyes:

Trees and sign-posts down in Inverkip and my Buddy on Tiree had a caravan (not his) blown into his garden.

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Been blawing a gale all night, hope there's not any damage to my fence, only painted it last summer. :rolleyes:

No damage whatsoever for us, which is a relief as there was plenty of evidence of debris all over the roads when I drove to work this morning.

Turned a bit cold again, only 3 deg on the journey home.

I see the trains are off again from tomorrow evening into early Wednesday.

Thank feck I don't use trains on a regular basis.