St Mirren v Celtic Scottish Cup 5th Round 11/2/24

shull

On 1/31/2024 at 12:07 AM, shull said:

Disgraceful pricing.

TWENTY FIVE POUND A FECKING TICKET.

Prediction

Saints 1 Green Vermin 0

Estimated Attendance 4887

Think this is overpriced as well and as the ticket office is closed until Monday, it may be too late to purchase my own seat for the match . After the cup massacre last season and the recent league match which was surrendered within five minutes, missing out might not be such a bad thing. Unless away fans are able to acquire some Saints tickets, I think there won’t be a big crowd at this match. Saints have only themselves to blame. 

Both clubs have to agree the ticket prices. If not the SFA intervene. 

It would have been better financially for us to draw against them at home and then beat them in a replay at Parkhead. Unfortunately no replays any more so just need to win on the day. 

As always we go in hope rather than expectation.

What a dull life these OF fans must have within the domestic scene. 

COYS

1 hour ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Think this is overpriced as well and as the ticket office is closed until Monday, it may be too late to purchase my own seat for the match . After the cup massacre last season and the recent league match which was surrendered within five minutes, missing out might not be such a bad thing. Unless away fans are able to acquire some Saints tickets, I think there won’t be a big crowd at this match. Saints have only themselves to blame. 

https://www.stmirren.com/tickets.shtml

I don't think it's overpriced. It's £25 to watch us play the Scottish Champions. A league game versus Ross County would cost about that!

There probably won't be a big crowd, which is a shame! Those who lobbied the club to give the Old Firm one stand claimed it wouldn't affect attendances. In future, if our own fans aren't willing to attend in numbers, it would make financial sense to revert to giving them two stands - at least for Cup games.

53 minutes ago, W6er said:

I don't think it's overpriced. It's £25 to watch us play the Scottish Champions. A league game versus Ross County would cost about that!

There probably won't be a big crowd, which is a shame! Those who lobbied the club to give the Old Firm one stand claimed it wouldn't affect attendances. In future, if our own fans aren't willing to attend in numbers, it would make financial sense to revert to giving them two stands - at least for Cup games.

Why won't there be a big crowd?

18 minutes ago, HSS said:

The attendances drop in the majority of Cup games

20000 sellic fans didn’t bother going to the last round             

Aye, but that's because it was at home to Buckie Thistle, a Highland League outfit. Let's be honest, it wasn't the most attractive of fixtures or one where the result was ever in doubt.

2 hours ago, W6er said:

It’s only my opinion that it’s overpriced, if that’s ok ? 

18 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

It’s only my opinion that it’s overpriced, if that’s ok ? 

Of course! It was just my opinion that it's not overpriced and I stated my reasons why I thought that. This is a St. Mirren discussion forum, people will not always agree with you. However, if you thought I was somehow being rude, please understand that I was just offering my own perspective. It was nothing personal. :) 

20 minutes ago, W6er said:

Of course! It was just my opinion that it's not overpriced and I stated my reasons why I thought that. This is a St. Mirren discussion forum, people will not always agree with you. However, if you thought I was somehow being rude, please understand that I was just offering my own perspective. It was nothing personal. :) 

👍 no problem. Think we should be in good spirits just now, heard we are 3-0 up at half time in Edinburgh 😁