Saints v Dundee FC - Wednesday, 7th Feb. 2024

W6er

17 minutes ago, party politics said:

Totally agree that running a line is not easy and neither is refereeing, but week after week our "top" officials are not covering themselves in glory.

Simple things, like indicating a free-kick or throw-in with their arms (there were times last night I did not hear the whistle being blown for a foul) seems to be to much effort for them. Trudging up and down the middle of the pitch and never coming wide are my own personal pet hates. The guys in the middle in our league must be on around £1000 per match now, so they should go back to earning it.

Glad to see the club have appealed Bolton's straight red, as let's be honest McLean just wanted to follow his pal Robertson from the night before and go against the VAR recommendation.

So it depends IMO on whether you want to outlaw that type of challenge that Bolton and Sterling both did. For me Sterling's is a stonewall red as he is out of control and flying in at speed, caught the player on toes but it could have been way worse, so definite red. For Bolton if the instruction is to outlaw that type of challenge then yes a red, otherwise i would say yellow.

I would say that the instruction from the top is to outlaw that type of challenge. Bolton needs his backside kicked btw.

I thought Don Robertson was 100% correct to stick with his on field decision and overrule Greg Aitken (surprised Robertson  was even asked although with Greg Aitken maybe not !).

I agree with you on McLean only sticking with his decision based on what Robertson did previous night.

2 hours ago, lenziebud said:

First time I can remember our pitch being questioned so maybe something has changed ?

The The Rangers manager complained about it - also without being specific about what was allegedly “poor”.

Sour grapes.  Envy…?

ETA:

ooops. Sorry,  Stanleysaint.  You beat me to it.

I didn’t see there was a 4th page…. :rolleyes:

Edited by antrin

A fantastic result again and, by all accounts, another very good performance. Celtic next up. Given the last two results, if anyone wants to start a crowd fund to kepp me in Lanzarote for another few weeks, I'll certainly consider taking "one for the team". 

IMG_20240208_171550.thumb.jpg.3670e6deb6edf360651c1ff2b8090f7f.jpg

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

A fantastic result again and, by all accounts, another very good performance. Celtic next up. Given the last two results, if anyone wants to start a crowd fund to kepp me in Lanzarote for another few weeks, I'll certainly consider taking "one for the team". 

IMG_20240208_171550.thumb.jpg.3670e6deb6edf360651c1ff2b8090f7f.jpg

You dont happen to have Elvis with you ? If you do....i pledge to personally contribute with return flight in mid May

12 hours ago, pondsman said:

Excellent performance and result. Usual suspects played well, Gogic, Boyd-Munce, Mandron, Kiltie(apart from his shooting). Kwon has now settled into his role, great pass through the Dundee defence for Mandron in first half.

Disappointing to hear Docherty complaining about the pitch. I couldn't tell if he was right from the TV, but as always, it's the same for both teams. Statistics tell the real story about his team's performance; 4 shots on goal, none on target according to the BBC. 

Three vital points which puts some daylight between us and Dundee. As others have noted, we have a decent chance of picking up points in the next few games, so, as always.....

COYS!!

The Kwon pass to Mandron was class, took out around 3 players with it.