St. Mirren v Hearts, 6th April 2024 - possible sell out?

6 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Very strange statement that. in what way are they far bigger than us

Not counting games against the 2 arse cheeks Motherwell's average League attendance this season is 5000 

Our average is just over 6400 

This would be the same Motherwell which, outwith Celtic and Aberdeen, have never been out the top league.  That stat on its own makes them bigger than us.  Up until a few seasons ago we were a yo yo team, albeit on a long string.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hunterian said:

This would be the same Motherwell which, outwith Celtic and Aberdeen, have never been out the top league.  That stat on its own makes them bigger than us.  Up until a few seasons ago we were a yo yo team, albeit on a long string.

Motherwell were relegated in the 1983/84 Season.

7 minutes ago, shull said:

Motherwell were relegated in the 1983/84 Season.

And also 1978/79.

Maybe also another two times in previous decades.

They were saved from relegation a good few years ago after finishing bottom, due to league reconstruction.

24 minutes ago, shull said:

And also 1978/79.

Maybe also another two times in previous decades.

They were saved from relegation a good few years ago after finishing bottom, due to league reconstruction.

I think the stat refers to the current league set up. Was it perhaps a different set up in those days?

2 hours ago, Hunterian said:

Naw but they should have been in 2003 when they finished bottom when Falkirk got shafted

As for us we were a badly run club for 20 year with no ambition and who's fault was that, the last 7 year has proved that to be fact

If Gordon Scott hadn't came in with the buyout we were 100% heading to the 3rd tier for the first time in the clubs History 

4 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

I think the stat refers to the current league set up. Was it perhaps a different set up in those days?

There's been a top league for well over a century.

Also, the present team at Ibrox (formed 2012 )have never been relegated.

Edited by shull

17 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Naw but they should have been in 2003 when they finished bottom when Falkirk got shafted

As for us we were a badly run club for 20 year with no ambition and who's fault was that, the last 7 year has proved that to be fact

If Gordon Scott hadn't came in with the buyout we were 100% heading to the 3rd tier for the first time in the clubs History 

Can’t argue with that but I still suggest ‘Well just a wee bit bigger. I thought Aberdeen also dodged that bullet at Falkirk’s expense.

I’m off on a tangent now but it was infuriating teams like Falkirk sped on with a decent squad and a shithole of a stadium whilst we did the right thing and built a stand for 25 Stirling Albion fans to sit in.

Circumstances, can’t blame the board for it all but they’re definitely not without some.

2 hours ago, Hunterian said:

What a stupid statement 

Motherwell are a well run club and were financed for many years by a rich guy 

Are Brentford, Luton town, and Bournmouth bigger clubs than

Sheffield Wednesday, Sunderland, Ipswich, who've been languishing in the Championship for over 20 year or 

Bolton Wanderers, Derby County, in the 3rd tier..... 

Are Livingston a bigger club than Dunfermline, falkirk, or Partick Thistle, 

6 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

Can’t argue with that but I still suggest ‘Well just a wee bit bigger. I thought Aberdeen also dodged that bullet at Falkirk’s expense.

I’m off on a tangent now but it was infuriating teams like Falkirk sped on with a decent squad and a shithole of a stadium whilst we did the right thing and built a stand for 25 Stirling Albion fans to sit in.

Circumstances, can’t blame the board for it all but they’re definitely not without some.

You've went from a Far Bigger to a A Wee bit Bigger :lol:

We'll call it a draw and move on... onwards and upwards for our Club 

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I think we should all send Aberdeen a "Thank You" card for taking Goodwin off our hands.

There's no way we would have had two seasons in the top 6 under him. :lol:

Goodwin left us just off fourth place with a game in hand, against the bottom placed club. 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Goodwin left us just off fourth place with a game in hand, against the bottom placed club. 

Just off fourth? 🤣

is that the same as 5th? 🤡

A useless stat as the league positions ate not based on part of a season. 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, faraway saint said:

Just off fourth? 🤣

is that the same as 5th? 🤡

A useless stat as the league positions ate not based on part of a season. 🤣🤣🤣

Just stating facts. We had a game in hand over the team in fourth. And it was against the bottom placed team. 

If you were to average it out based on games played, we would have been 4th. 

Anyway you look at it though, it’s a better position than we are in now on 4th. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Just stating facts. We had a game in hand over the team in fourth. And it was against the bottom placed team. 

Im stating facts, we were 5th. 

Only an idiot would try to make a case we were 4th.

Playing the team at the bottom is no guarantee of points, see our result against Livingston recently.

🤡🤡🤡

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

🤷‍♂️

You can take from what I said, what you like. It’s just fact. Not like you to want an argument. 

Not like you to post drivel, then stick with it no matter what the FACTS are. 

Then you turn it into your normal "argument " to deflect from your utter stupidity. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not like you to post drivel, then stick with it no matter what the FACTS are. 

Then you turn it into your normal "argument " to deflect from your utter stupidity. 

How’s it drivel? 😂😂 he left us when we were in the top 6. Not to mention the year before, he was 1 goal away from it in the second half of the 33rd round of fixtures. 

Hardly ‘no way’ 

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Im stating facts, we were 5th. 

Only an idiot would try to make a case we were 4th.

Playing the team at the bottom is no guarantee of points, see our result against Livingston recently.

🤡🤡🤡

imagine being so stupid as to think ‘just off fourth place’ means fourth place. 😂😂

We all know you lie & just make things up. Now you’re making up a claim that I guaranteed we’d have won our game in hand with Goodwin. 😅

Edited by bazil85

Just now, bazil85 said:

How’s it drivel? 😂😂 he left us when we were in the top 6. Not to mention the year before, he was 1 goal away from it in the second half of the 33rd round of fixtures. 

Hardly ‘no way’ 

So, we DIDN'T make top 6.

As I recall we bottled, as you like to say.

Now he left us in the top 6, not the imaginary 4th you were selling a minute ago which means feck all as I've clearly pointed out. 

Werent we 3rd earlier this season? 

Oh, that's irrelevant as any fool would know. 🤡

imagine being so stupid as to think ‘just off fourth place’ means fourth place. 😂😂

We all know you lie & just make things up. Now you’re making up a claim that infuriated we’d have won our game in hand with Goodwin. 😅

There you go, deflection and lies. 

Stick to what you're best at, making irrational statements like you have done a few times this season. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, we DIDN'T make top 6.

As I recall we bottled, as you like to say.

Now he left us in the top 6, not the imaginary 4th you were selling a minute ago which means feck all as I've clearly pointed out. 

Werent we 3rd earlier this season? 

Oh, that's irrelevant as any fool would know. 🤡

We didn’t make top 6 by a single goal. Goodwin has us comfortably in the top 6 the next season when he leaves = ‘no way’ Goodwin could ever get us top 6 twice in a a row . 😂😂

You made an arse of it. Own it. 

Edited by bazil85

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

There you go, deflection and lies. 

Stick to what you're best at, making irrational statements like you have done a few times this season. 

Everything I said was correct & completely consistent 

- left us in the top 6 

- had us just off 4th with a game in hand 

- it was against the statistically poorest team in the league 

- he narrowly missed out on top 6 the season before.  

What I didn’t say 

- we were 4th

- we would definitely have won our game in hand 

- we would definitely have finished top 6 had he stayed

You’re an embarrassment. Too weak just to own up to where you’ve made a mess of it. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

We didn’t make top 6 by a single goal. Goodwin has us comfortably in the top 6 the next season when he leaves = ‘no way’ Goodwin could ever get us top 6. 😂😂

You made an arse of it. Own it. 

We never finished in the top 6.

Nothing is comfortable with St Mirren.

You've made a cnut of yiurself yet again. 🤣🤣🤣