Jump to content

St. Mirren v Hearts, 6th April 2024 - possible sell out?


Recommended Posts

Just under two weeks to go to this fixture. Hearts have already sold out their allocation:

Screenshot2024-03-2400_40_02.png.4d74c0ba22b2eaf571f6342a687cb437.png

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/ticket-information-st-mirren-a

 

We've also shifted a lot of tickets for this game, with two sections of the Main Stand already sold out:

Screenshot2024-03-2400_46_37.png.828dab295a5dfd42bf663950b8e6434f.png

 

I expect there will be quite a few folk waiting until pay day to get theirs and therefore I think this might well sell out days before the game. If you know folk who want to go, best encourage them to get their tickets sooner rather than later! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, chalky1 said:

There's quite a few paydays between now and 6th August 2024, lol. Didn't even know next seasons fixture list had been created.

Damn! That will teach me to create threads late at night...and no, I hadn't been drinking. I can't edit the title, either. I will report it and see if @div will kindly do it for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chalky1 said:

Lol. easily done. I thought you could edit your post.

I believe we were able to edit posts we'd created at one time, but then it was stopped as some posters were abusing it...  :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sorted, best to stick to the facts when pointing the finger. 

I didn't actually know who was responsible, so I generalised and didn't point the finger at anybody

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • div changed the title to St. Mirren v Hearts, 6th April 2024 - possible sell out?

Results this weekend will go a long way towards making this a possible sell-out.  If we win and Killie drop points then we are back in the hunt for 4th and from then on in would only need to match Killie's results to set up a showdown, hopefully in Paisley as we have had them away twice this season already.

Killie have more chances of points than we do, with Hearts & Celtic the only two games after Saturday for us and Killie have Hearts, Rossco and St Johnstone 

I fancy that if we make 4th, it would be on goal difference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Think those last two away performances will play a big part in ticket sales. Taking a single point from two games we had leads in will have taken its toll. 
 

Getting fans behind a team that aren’t delivering for the fans is a big ask. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Think those last two away performances will play a big part in ticket sales. Taking a single point from two games we had leads in will have taken its toll. 
 

Getting fans behind a team that aren’t delivering for the fans is a big ask. 

But you were telling us a few months ago that things are going so well both on and off the park

I think the squad looks tired already this season and it is happening even earlier than it did last year.  We are what we are, short of resources and with some money wasted on less than impressive signings in the last two seasons we don't have the quality either in goals or in front of goal that we need to be  higher up the table.  I'll still be happy if we get 5th and 4th is still not out the question (though i believe that McInnes has Killie too mentally strong to blow their advantage at this stage)

If we can move on some of the poor acquisitions and the management team can show that they have learned some lessons on signings then we could be very strong next season. 

I think people inside the club and some supporters are realising that if you are not top 4 then you are very much mid-table or worse in this league and it hurts a little

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

But you were telling us a few months ago that things are going so well both on and off the park

I think the squad looks tired already this season and it is happening even earlier than it did last year.  We are what we are, short of resources and with some money wasted on less than impressive signings in the last two seasons we don't have the quality either in goals or in front of goal that we need to be  higher up the table.  I'll still be happy if we get 5th and 4th is still not out the question (though i believe that McInnes has Killie too mentally strong to blow their advantage at this stage)

If we can move on some of the poor acquisitions and the management team can show that they have learned some lessons on signings then we could be very strong next season. 

I think people inside the club and some supporters are realising that if you are not top 4 then you are very much mid-table or worse in this league and it hurts a little

They were & largely still are, do you disagree? It doesn’t mean fans can’t be frustrated & react to results, post that discussion. 
 

I agree with the second paragraph. I think it’s a fight for fifth & a hope that Aberdeen don’t win the Scottish Cup. 
 

It’s a strange thing to say after what will ultimately be one of our best seasons in 40 years but we have so many to move on in the summer. We do have a core of decent players, yes, but we will likely be replacing a lot of players we want to stay as well. And a lot that are under contract already, won’t be good enough to replace them. The summer could be close to a full rebuild. 
 

For me, it’s more about building on previous seasons. Yes, it’ll come a point where we will fall down significantly, but that happens with every club of our size. For the here & now, we should be looking at maintaining & growth.
 

To my first point, yes things are going really well (in general terms) on & off the park. Look at the reward recognition for the Kibble partnership & the actual league position for evidence of that. But fans have every right to feel utterly sick at the way the last couple of performances have went in the second half. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Far too many Grim Reapers on here

That was a good point yesterday after what happened at Kilmarnock and it also got me my 4 team accumulator worth a few quid  :rolleyes:

4th place is still in our own hands Let's see where we sit after the next 2 games. Killie are no way guaranteed to take full points from County or StJohnstone as these 2 teams are in a scrap for survival and will have a lot more fight in them than hopefully Hearts or even a Celtic team if they lose at Ibrox next week 

We're a good team at home and we should get 3 home games after the split if the SPL doesn't stitch us up.

I'm normally a glass half empty guy but I have a good feeling we'll do this 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I previously said i think we can get 4th on GD if we at least match Killie's other results and beat them Post-split

It will be very tight though and is really not in our hands as they only have to draw against us and match our points from other games.

4th place would be great but only on it's own merits, Europe is an unnecessary drag on our pre-season and has proven a huge millstone for other clubs of our size in Scotland.  We are 3 players short of a side capable of getting through qualifying and unless you qualify for the group stages it's a bit of a money pit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe 700-ish home tickets are still available for Saturday and to avoid a match day rush I think the club should consider a cut-price offer for registered ticket site users for e-tickets only that are bought before Saturday.  It will be bad enough with people who already  purchased tickets rocking up to the kiosk at 2' o' clock

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

I previously said i think we can get 4th on GD if we at least match Killie's other results and beat them Post-split

It will be very tight though and is really not in our hands as they only have to draw against us and match our points from other games.

4th place would be great but only on it's own merits, Europe is an unnecessary drag on our pre-season and has proven a huge millstone for other clubs of our size in Scotland.  We are 3 players short of a side capable of getting through qualifying and unless you qualify for the group stages it's a bit of a money pit.

In what way is that not in our hands? Surely it’s the very definition of in our hands?

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

I previously said i think we can get 4th on GD if we at least match Killie's other results and beat them Post-split

It will be very tight though and is really not in our hands as they only have to draw against us and match our points from other games.

4th place would be great but only on it's own merits, Europe is an unnecessary drag on our pre-season and has proven a huge millstone for other clubs of our size in Scotland.  We are 3 players short of a side capable of getting through qualifying and unless you qualify for the group stages it's a bit of a money pit.

It's not even certain we'll be top six yet. I think I'll wait until I see where we are after the next two games. IF we pick up points and Killie don't, or vice versa, your scenario changes.

I do agree that a short Euro adventure might stretch us but there are so many younger fans who never got to experience our past exploits that I couldn't begrudge them the opportunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:

It's not even certain we'll be top six yet. I think I'll wait until I see where we are after the next two games. IF we pick up points and Killie don't, or vice versa, your scenario changes.

I do agree that a short Euro adventure might stretch us but there are so many younger fans who never got to experience our past exploits that I couldn't begrudge them the opportunity.

Absolutely, I would be over the moon to secure top six as it’s far from guaranteed. Dundee and Hibs have an easier run in than saints. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2024 at 10:41 AM, portmahomack saint said:

Far too many Grim Reapers on here

That was a good point yesterday after what happened at Kilmarnock and it also got me my 4 team accumulator worth a few quid  :rolleyes:

4th place is still in our own hands Let's see where we sit after the next 2 games. Killie are no way guaranteed to take full points from County or StJohnstone as these 2 teams are in a scrap for survival and will have a lot more fight in them than hopefully Hearts or even a Celtic team if they lose at Ibrox next week 

We're a good team at home and we should get 3 home games after the split if the SPL doesn't stitch us up.

I'm normally a glass half empty guy but I have a good feeling we'll do this 

It’s a typical fan attitude to expect their team to trip up and for others not to do the same!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...