Top 5 Albums Your Currently Listening To

Liverpool Bud

No need to get your knickers in a twist now Howard. As of now I'll never say a bad word about Mr. Joel again......................honest :wink:

Oh come on now, Bernard, I was just explaining my point of view not getting my knockers in a twist. I can’t understand why people take things so seriously. :wink:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth. Billy Joel isn't sh!t. He's just released a couple of sh!t songs (Uptown Girl) but has also given us some great stuff. (New York State Of Mind)

Anyhoo, my latest offerings are:

Amusement Parks On Fire - Out Of The Angeles. Amazing follow up to self titled debut by the Nottingham "Nu-gazers"

The Style Council - Singular Adventures. Fine selection of underrated Weller work.

Paulo Nutini - These Streets. Thought I'd try it as the lad is a Buddie. Not Bad. "Loving You" is excellent.

We Are Scientists - With Love And Squalor. Cracking debut, not a bad song on it.

New Order - Waiting For The Siren's Call. Mainly just for "Krafty"

For once we agree....... :o

Oh, I think you'll find it's very rare that we disagree, big fellow. :)

For what it's worth. Billy Joel isn't sh!t. He's just released a couple of sh!t songs (Uptown Girl) but has also given us some great stuff. (New York State Of Mind)

Absolutely correct, KS. Streetlife Serenader, Everybody Loves You Now & Captain Jack being another few great tracks. Always liked you, my good man. :D

Amusement Parks On Fire - Out Of The Angeles. Amazing follow up to self titled debut by the Nottingham "Nu-gazers"

I assume the new album's good KS. :rolleyes: Similar to the first one?

Is it worth buying or could you (ahem, cough splutter) "give me a wee listen" when you send the DVD through? :)

I'll get the cash to you soon for that BTW. Just kept forgetting about it.

What is this Billy Joel thing you've got going Howard..?? It ruins a fine selection...

I've always thought that Joe Jackson was a twat as well, only got airplay cos he'd short hair at the end of the seventies and was presumed punk/new wave but was just going bald......................

He never claimed to be punk. In fact he never claimed to be anything other than a composer of music. He's done different styles including swing, classical and film soundtracks as well as rock & pop. I'm sure you're more aware than me that there was the trend in the music press to label anyone who had a short, aggressive sounding single as punk or new wave. Usual music press pish who shoul dbe the recipients of any ire instead of the artist to which they refer.

Incidentally, Bongo, the Georgia Satellites were good. :)

Todays choices are:-

1. Drama Falls Like Teardrops - Townes Van Zant

2. Shaken and Stirred - The David Arnold James Bond Project

3. The Very Best of - Average White Band

4. Psychocandy - Jesus & Mary Chain

5. Take It Easy - Various (compilation free with the current issue of Q magazine)

Also in line is Tres Hombres by ZZ Top & Talkie Walkie by Air.

• 3 weeks later...