Top 5 Albums Your Currently Listening To

Liverpool Bud

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, come on, Bernard. I know the wee fella might be a bit strange and there's perhaps a lack of quality control, but some of the stuff on those two are different class.

KT Tunstall's a big fan, I hear.... :rolleyes:

I'm goin' down...to Alphabet Street.... B)

Eels - Souljacker

207995[/snapback]

Only one of theirs Iain't got even though I saw them on that tour. Any good? (Look, I know it's the Eels and that's a bit of a stupid question. I mean put it in context with, say, Beautiful freak or Daisies of the Galaxy.)

Only one of theirs Iain't got even though I saw them on that tour. Any good? (Look, I know it's the Eels and that's a bit of a stupid question. I mean put it in context with, say, Beautiful freak or Daisies of the Galaxy.)

208106[/snapback]

Firstly, was good to see you on Sunday, I'll try to fit in a jar or 2 on my next visit.

As for Souljacker, maybe a wee bit darker (no, seriously) than their other albums. Well worth getting yourself a copy, its as good as the rest of the catalogue.

You would rather buy the American version of Busted/McFly than listen to Joy Division??? Fuxake Bongo.........................  :huh:

209875[/snapback]

Thats a bit harsh Green Day are a decent band and have been going for years. Its amazing when a group becomes successful the music police on here start slagging them because its not hip. I am an old foegy if a group or singer belts a decent tune i will listen to them hip or not. Sorry

Thats a bit harsh Green Day are a decent band and have been going for years. Its amazing when a group becomes successful the music police on here start slagging them because its not hip. I am an old foegy if a group or singer belts a decent tune i will listen to them hip or not. Sorry

209939[/snapback]

Thats all well and good but Green Day ARE the american version of Busted!

Prince - Parade  :D

210487[/snapback]

In years gone by I was never that big a Prince fan. There was a girl I knew at school was massively into him but I was unimpressed. Then I found myself liking one or two songs then one or two more then bit the bullet and picked up some of his stuff then picked up some more. Yeah, a lot of it is patchy and no one who was as prolific as that is going to have albums free from the odd bit of dross (except, perhaps, 70s Bowie) but from about Purple Rain to Diamonds & Pearls inclusive it’s a close to dross-free as you can get.

I only got Parade a few months back and have been knocked out by it. It starts off pretty weird but really comes on to a game then climaxes to a stunning final track. A definite fave from the wee fellow. As is D & P.

Aye, he was a talented MF at one point.

In years gone by I was never that big a Prince fan. There was a girl I knew at school was massively into him but I was unimpressed. Then I found myself liking one or two songs then one or two more then bit the bullet and picked up some of his stuff then picked up some more. Yeah, a lot of it is patchy and no one who was as prolific as that is going to have albums free from the odd bit of dross (except, perhaps, 70s Bowie) but from about Purple Rain to Diamonds & Pearls inclusive it’s a close to dross-free as you can get.

I only got Parade a few months back and have been knocked out by it. It starts off pretty weird but really comes on to a game then climaxes to a stunning final track. A definite fave from the wee fellow. As is  D & P.

Aye, he was a talented MF at one point.

210582[/snapback]

I own from Purple Rain to Sign of the Times. Parade is probably the pick of the bunch, but it's an amazing run of albums, comparable to Stevie Wonder's early 70s prolific run.

It's all a matter fo taste and being open to new ideas, patterns concepts - and I admit to getting too set in my ways.

I was actually getting round to thinking that maybe I'd dismissed Prince too quickly and should perhaps try again, after some comments on here, but...

Colin's comment about stevie wonder set me straight.

I just have never liked strained, squeaky-voiced singers who over-produce their stuff.

Simplicity and directness is always best for me. Those two don't do that.

And as for the wummin, Bush...?

I've been amazed at the groundswell of liking of her new double-album (bikrist!), on this thread, too. Songs about washing machines are pretty cutting edge and relevant. Just not to me, I'm happily afraid.

And as for the wummin, Bush...?

I've been amazed at the groundswell of liking of her new double-album  (bikrist!),  on this thread, too.  Songs about washing machines are pretty cutting edge and relevant.  Just not to me, I'm happily afraid.

210807[/snapback]

Fair do's - but there's also songs about the number Pi, Joan of Arc, and Rolf Harris appears narrating the role of God. Cannae go wrong.... :wink:

Hear what you're saying about Stevie and Prince though, sometimes there's a fine line between brilliant arrangement and overproduction. They both overstepped it eventually IMO, but not before both having a great run of music. Plus, some of the song-writing is incredible, even if it was over-imbellished.

Thats all well and good but Green Day ARE the american version of Busted!

210478[/snapback]

Fúckin bollocks.................

Green Day are the bastard sons of the Ramones, Clash, Damned, Dead Kennedys and SLF..................

The other mob are an attempt by a record company/producer at westlife etc with guitars as props................

:o  :ph34r:

Yeah, and I'm sure all of the aforementioned bands would have disowned them cause they are pure pish.

210932[/snapback]

That's where you're wrong, If you check the sleeve notes from F-Punk and the Globe you'll find that Mick (God) Jones gives them his seal of aprovall with a namecheck .............................