Top 5 Indian Curries

davidg

You can't really do a Top 5 of these, because they vary so widely. A pathia can be perfect at one restaurant and the same dish can be pish at another. A biriani can be brilliant or bollocks. A phal can be fantastic or feckin awful (okay, that's enough alliterative descriptions of curry). But you get my point ? There's an awful lot of bowfin' curries out there .......

You can't really do a Top 5 of these, because they vary so widely. A pathia can be perfect at one restaurant and the same dish can be pish at another. A biriani can be brilliant or bollocks. A phal can be fantastic or feckin awful (okay, that's enough alliterative descriptions of curry).  But you get my point ? There's an awful lot of bowfin' curries out there .......

179539[/snapback]

i'm well aware of the differences in quality from one place to the next, if i was at my fav indian, the curries i selected are my favourites. i'm sure you could manage to come up with 5 styles you prefer! <_<

You can't really do a Top 5 of these, because they vary so widely. A pathia can be perfect at one restaurant and the same dish can be pish at another. A biriani can be brilliant or bollocks. A phal can be fantastic or feckin awful (okay, that's enough alliterative descriptions of curry).  But you get my point ? There's an awful lot of bowfin' curries out there .......

179539[/snapback]

fancy yourself as a curry expert, he meens your fav 5 from if it was a perfect world lets face it its hard to get a decent curry anywher in paisley

1.chicken tikka garam massala

2.chickent tikka bhuna

3.chicken tikka pathia

4.south indian garlic chicken

5.chicken tikka massala

just out of intrest bill where do you go if you get a curry in paisley :wink:

TOO TRUE ... I HAD A CHICKEN BANGALORE IN MELBOURNE LAST YEAR THAT WAS THE HOTEST THING I HAVE EVER EATEN . I DIDNT ENJOY IT AT ALL BUT WHAT WITH BRAVADO AND ALL I SOLDIERED ON TO FINISH THE B**TARD.

THE STAFF WHERE ALL STANDING ROUND TO SEE IF I WOULD FINISH IT ! AND THAT WAS ONLY THE 'HOT' VERSION NOT THE 'VERY HOT' ONE.

I THINK MAYBE THEY WERE TALING THE P*SS.

179566[/snapback]

yeah but know wer does curries like scotland..................well except mabye india

fancy yourself as a curry expert, he meens your fav 5 from if it was a perfect world lets face it its hard to get a decent curry anywher in paisley

1.chicken tikka garam massala

2.chickent tikka bhuna

3.chicken tikka pathia

4.south indian garlic chicken

5.chicken tikka massala

just out of intrest bill where do you go if you get a curry in paisley :wink:

179548[/snapback]

So, let me see - you like chicken tikka, then ? :blink::huh::blink:

Last curry I had in Paisley was at the Raja in the Back Sneddon the night we won the Div 1 championship. You can get a more than reasonable curry in Birmingham, tha knows.

So, let me see - you like chicken tikka, then ?  :blink:  :huh:  :blink:

Last curry I had in Paisley was at the Raja in the Back Sneddon the night we won the Div 1 championship. You can get a more than reasonable curry in Birmingham, tha knows.

179596[/snapback]

:D:D luv chicken tikka

• 2 weeks later...

A curry now and then is ok however Thai , and I mean real Thai no the Cantaniese take away doon the road knocks the cotton socks off Indian food.

If It Has To Be....

1/ Chicken Pakora

2/ Lamb Bhoona

3/ Chicken Tika Masala

4/ Chilli And Ginger King Prawns

5/ Not sure of the name but it's a drink. Soda water with plain yogurt , takes the sting out of any hot dish and is pritty yummy with it :D

Not sure of the name but it's a drink. Soda water with plain yogurt , takes the sting out of any hot dish and is pritty yummy with it  :D

183218[/snapback]

Nota dug.

It's called Lassi.

The lactic acid in the yoghurt neutralises the spices.

For that reason, if your scald the mooth wi chilli, a drink of milk soon soothes it immediately - better than anything else.

Though lager is better for rendering you senseless in the long run. :rolleyes:

You can ask for sweet or sour Lassi. I prefer the bitter stuff. No sugar added, no condensed milk slipped in.