Scotland's Game

shull

Four part Documentary Series focussing on events in the past 30 years of Scottish Football.

BBC 1 9pm  Thursday 25th August

TEDIOUS SECTARIAN F*CKWIT NONSENSE  probably .......

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not surprised the Newspapers are making very little of the Sectarian Singing in the Dressing Room.

Probably just a minority of players.

Looking forward to the second part of the Series.

Hopefully the myth of the Gretna Fairytale will be destroyed.

CNUTS

Am I missing something or is Shull talking to himself on this thread? 

Ach I know, it's no that unusual. 

Thought it was a good programme again tonight. There is an historical context that needs to remembered. The SPL was the league of greed. The league that was going to stop clubs going bust, yet in all it's time more SPL clubs went into administration than did in the lower leagues. 

12 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Am I missing something or is Shull talking to himself on this thread? 

8 hours ago, Lanarkshire_Bud said:

Celtic and Rangers should have been merged with Queens Park years ago.

I was just answering the above statement.

Only , I was posting in the correct part of the Forum.

He was posting elsewhere, wrongly. 

We don't have Mods in this Forum.

:D

Watched this last night, they showed shots of the crowd and the Scotland fans prior to World Cup in Italy where Scotland were playing Sweden.

I spotted a huge St Andrews flag draped over the top tier of the stand with the words. 

St Mirren 

Paisleeey's 

Brazilians 

Edited by Kendo

I thought it was a good programme last night apart from the silly assertions about politics. And what the f**k do those idiots Salmond and McLeish know about football. Pair of walkers! I didn't realise Andy Roxburgh used to address the Scottish fans face to face after away matches. He got some new respect from me last night for that.

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I thought it was a good programme last night apart from the silly assertions about politics. And what the f**k do those idiots Salmond and McLeish know about football. Pair of walkers! I didn't realise Andy Roxburgh used to address the Scottish fans face to face after away matches. He got some new respect from me last night for that.

Interesting.

So YOU are happy to dish out abuse to others but are incapable of taking it back.

And you call cockles a coward?

Bizarre.

Utterly bizarre.

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Did McLeish not play for East Fife? As he's "played the geme" he is a "fitba person" and therefore worth listening to. So says Gordon Strachan anyway.

Edited by Stu

Interesting.

So YOU are happy to dish out abuse to others but are incapable of taking it back.

And you call cockles a coward?

Bizarre.

Utterly bizarre.

There is nothing bizarre about defending myself against defamation. Where exactly do you think I have been defamatory to Alex Salmond or Henry McLeish in the post you've quoted?

You do know that it can be defamatory to wrongly accuse someone of defamation, don't you?

Furthermore, to be defamatory a statement must be false and must lower the defamed in the estimation of right thinking members of society.

Can you explain what the "statement" is that you think is defamatory and why you think that "statement" is false?

Can you also explain how you think that right thinking members of society could possibly lower their estimation of you?

The people responsible were calling me a baby killer which is defamatory as I have never killed a baby in my life.

Tell me Oaksoft if I went around accusing you of paedophilia to the extent that the initial joke had passed and people were actually beginning to believe it was true would you laugh it off or would you be consulting a lawyer and requesting action from moderators on the forum?

Now in Salmond case he is clearly an idiot. Proof? He wrote letters to Freddie Goodwin supporting RBS's ill fated purchase of ABN Amro, and published a white paper full of incredible claims and predictions found to be wildly off mark. And on a football front he actually tried to use his political influence to get Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani to buy Hearts off Vladimir Romanov for £50m. He was laughed out of Qatar with that proposal.

And McLeish, trusted by the Scottish Parliament to deliver recommendations on the development of football despite having been forced to resign as First Minister after a financial scandal, came up with the kind of Elite Performance nonsense in his paper that saw Mark Wotte appointed and the quality and standard if youth prospects in this country fall through the floor.

5 minutes ago, Stuart Dickson said:

The people responsible were calling me a baby cuddler which is defamatory as I have never killed a baby in my life.

Tell me Oaksoft if I went around accusing you of paedophilia to the extent that the initial joke had passed and people were actually beginning to believe it was true would you laugh it off or would you be consulting a lawyer and requesting action from moderators on the forum?

Paedophilia? FFS what the hell are you talking about?

Not a single person on here accused you of killing babies.

Threatening legal action is embarassing. Get a grip FFS.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve just watched the fourth part of the programme, “Scotland’s game” and, at the very end, they questioned what needs to be done. They answered it themselves. Rid the game of self interest.

IF the clubs were serious about real change then the first thing that needs to be done is to equalise revenue. Stop this idea that my club is more deserving than yours. Stop the media hype about what is effectively less than 5% of our professional clubs;

Yes. We need fewer clubs. Yes. Some need to come to the conclusion amalgamation is better than extinction.

BUT. Surely, first and foremost we need to rid ourselves of the elephant in the room.                             

We need to rid ourselves of the very thing those controlling our game think is the be all and end all of the Scottish game. 

We had the chance when one @rsecheek died and we could bring the left side into line. But, NO. Those who were allowed to control our game, the likes of the incompetent Donkeyarseter decided we needed this archaic rivalry as an advert for our game and went to the ends of the earth to pretend all was well and nothing had changed. Maybe they were Dallas fans, (Not Hugh), and stepped out of the shower.    THEN… We allowed the self interest and, quite frankly, the delusional illusion of grandeur of one chairman in  particular to prevent the possibility for Scottish football to progress by reappraising the voting structure to ensure a better deal for the rest.                                                                                                

Are we, as a nation, serious about improving Scottish football? Are we really determined to see a return to the heady days of Scotland actually qualifying for anything? If the answer is yes then the grass roots needs to be sorted. To do this we need to get rid of the strange aspect of club supporting. It needs to be about community. Yes. Tribalism. But only in relation to pride. NOT hatred. Community. BUT not religion.                                                                                                                

If we, as a football nation, really want change then it has to start, not from grass root football academies but from the mindset of the supposedly more mature fans to allow the rid of the  parochial attitude that has poisoned our game for so long.  So, in the words of that meritorious, renowned band, (well… almost),  Let two become none!  Only then can we address the rest of the problems that engulf our beautiful game.

ETA and yes.... I've had a couple of refreshments!

Edited by stlucifer
To admit my inebreation