Latest Scores

FTOF

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Liverpool 2-3 WBA, 78 mins..................no VAR this half, damn. :rolleyes:

Final score 2-3, good game, somewhat overshadowed, for some, by the VAR incidents.

The first incident was 100% correct and took approx a minute.

Does it detract from the fans enjoyment....................seems to me it adds to the discussions about the game.

The second incident did take longer than the average time but, overall, was agreed to be correct.

Again, it, IMO, adds to the debate on the game.

The second half had no VAR incidents, and showed Liverpool, and the manager are lacking in real class despite the money they spend.

Well done WBA, and a special mention for the goalie Foster, a great display. 

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Final score 2-3, good game, somewhat overshadowed, for some, by the VAR incidents.

The first incident was 100% correct and took approx a minute.

Does it detract from the fans enjoyment....................seems to me it adds to the discussions about the game.

The second incident did take longer than the average time but, overall, was agreed to be correct.

Again, it, IMO, adds to the debate on the game.

The second half had no VAR incidents, and showed Liverpool, and the manager are lacking in real class despite the money they spend.

Well done WBA, and a special mention for the goalie Foster, a great display. 

I don't agree. The discussions aren't being generated over the game. They were over the VAR itself. As a punter at the game all it did was add to the time. They never saw the replays. They would have seen it at the same time they did anyway. When they watch match of the day. This technology is a step too far. IMO. Supporters spend a lot of time, on forums and in real life, discussing the controversial decisions. We are getting to the stage where human decision making is being removed from the game. Right now the tech is being used for only a handful of infringements but the temptation will be to introduce it more and more. As the tech gets cheaper it will come to the point where only grass roots will actually have refs making real decisions in real time. Football is played at pace and I feel refs decisions should reflect that. Then. After the game. We can all sit in judgement and decry them as evil spawns of unmarried parents. This is the fun part when your team is as sh!te as DU or ICT after all

8 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I don't agree. The discussions aren't being generated over the game. They were over the VAR itself. As a punter at the game all it did was add to the time. They never saw the replays. They would have seen it at the same time they did anyway. When they watch match of the day. This technology is a step too far. IMO. Supporters spend a lot of time, on forums and in real life, discussing the controversial decisions. We are getting to the stage where human decision making is being removed from the game. Right now the tech is being used for only a handful of infringements but the temptation will be to introduce it more and more. As the tech gets cheaper it will come to the point where only grass roots will actually have refs making real decisions in real time. Football is played at pace and I feel refs decisions should reflect that. Then. After the game. We can all sit in judgement and decry them as evil spawns of unmarried parents. This is the fun part when your team is as sh!te as DU or ICT after all

I have made the point on the VAR thread that their are some improvements required for the fans at the game.

I don't see it as an issue if fans are discussing VAR as it will ensure the correct decision, at the minute shit referees are continually being the centre of discussions and wrong decisions can cost teams a fortune if the wrong decision is allowed to stand.

I can think of high profile decisions for England, Eire and Wales that cost them in financial terms and progressing further in tournaments.

For me the CORRECT decision, by whatever means, is the important issue for fans and clubs.

It's change, some people don't like change, many will embrace it.

The Liverpool player should have been booked for diving at the penalty. 

It was a penalty but he didn't need to go down. 

Did nobody, even with all the technology not spot it ? 

Disgraceful 

Edited by shull

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I have made the point on the VAR thread that their are some improvements required for the fans at the game.

I don't see it as an issue if fans are discussing VAR as it will ensure the correct decision, at the minute shit referees are continually being the centre of discussions and wrong decisions can cost teams a fortune if the wrong decision is allowed to stand.

I can think of high profile decisions for England, Eire and Wales that cost them in financial terms and progressing further in tournaments.

For me the CORRECT decision, by whatever means, is the important issue for fans and clubs.

It's change, some people don't like change, many will embrace it.

I suppose it depends whether you believe refs are "part of the game" or overseers. I think the former. FWIW. I don't even agree with the fifth and sixth officials they introduced. 

Yes. I agree it was a stinker for the likes of Lampard but, if you ask English fans if they wanted "that goal" in '66 scrutinised at the time as much as the one mentioned, I think I know the answer.

With advanced age and memory glitches I can't recall what the incident was but I'm sure I recall  Eire benefitting from a controversial decision at one of the major tournaments. (The less fuzzy brained may help me out here).

What I am suggesting is that we all talk about swings and roundabouts and I just don't think that's a bad thing. And. Yes. I will be up in arms if some unwashed son of a missing father refuses to award a stonewaller on Saturday as I'm flying out to sunnier climes.

Anyway.  To all those sitting on the cold plastic seats, (another gripe from this auld geezer.. Sitting at fitba is like clapping with one hand), enjoy the game and I hope the ref is cr@p for the right team.

Guest TPAFKATS
Cardiff boy should have been sent off for that tackle in the first half, could have been a leg breaker. 
Finally got another booking in the 92minute. Both challenges were worthy of red cards.