Latest Scores

FTOF

Big 'Other Football' for us today must be Dumbarton v Ayr

I'm guessing the preference for us is Dumbarton win - with the draw the second best result. (I suppose the preference between these two outcomes depends on whether or not you think we can still catch Dumbarton - for me I'd rather improve our chances of catching Ayr and then taking our chances in the Playoffs).

An Ayr win will be a disaster for us.

Of course the United v QoS game may also be of interest... :)

Edited by southsidebud

Just now, farmer john said:

great news. We need Dumbarton to win this one and we are in with a fighting chance of catching Ayr.

Agree. Ayr are the club we must catch first and foremost. Would have been nice to think we could go on a run ourselves and catch more than one club, but our league record so far suggests that these are desperate times, so from where we are, I'd take a playoff and take our chances in it right now if offered it.

I now support two teams. St Mirren, and whoever is playing Ayr.

7 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Agree. Ayr are the club we must catch first and foremost. Would have been nice to think we could go on a run ourselves and catch more than one club, but our league record so far suggests that these are desperate times, so from where we are, I'd take a playoff and take our chances in it right now if offered it.

I now support two teams. St Mirren, and whoever is playing Ayr.

if our form is good enough to get in front of Ayr we should be full of confidence and playing well enough to get through a play off....catch them first!

Great stuff.

A note of caution is that at the moment our best results seem to happen when we are not playing ????

Seriously - I think that's us got out 'better' result now (ie we drew against Dumbarton and Ayr lost) - so now all we need to do is beat Ayr twice and match their other results. Totally doable!