I'm Listening To....

Bud the Baker

Ginger Baker plays drums on 4 tracks on Album/Casette/Compact Disc.............

192137[/snapback]

Aaaahhhhh. Right.

By the way, Santaponsa, you're completely correct about my knowledge of music. That's why I listen to AC/DC, Rush & Motorhead a hell of a lot.

Coldplay are the dullest of bands ever to have a record deal. A bunch of fúcking bedwetters who whinge on about "it's a shame the way it didn't work out". The Cure did lovelorn songs much, much better many times over. Martin and co have some nice wee tunes but they just don't fúckin' ROCK! You can just imagine them as background music for middle class suburban dinner parties. "More sherry anyone?".

They are the musical equivalent of an Ikea wardrobe. You do yourself a diservice to think otherwise as you normally have pretty good taste in sounds.

Aaaahhhhh. Right.

By the way, Santaponsa, you're completely correct about my knowledge of music. That's why I listen to AC/DC, Rush & Motorhead a hell of a lot.

Coldplay are the dullest of bands ever to have a record deal. A bunch of fúcking bedwetters who whinge on about "it's a shame the way it didn't work out". The Cure did lovelorn songs much, much better many times over. Martin and co have some nice wee tunes but they just don't fúckin' ROCK! You can just imagine them as background music for middle class suburban dinner parties. "More sherry anyone?".

They are the musical equivalent of an Ikea wardrobe. You do yourself a diservice to think otherwise as you normally have pretty good taste in sounds.

192147[/snapback]

Im not a great coldplay fan think theyre ok, im rock fan as you know but willing to give anybody a listen to within reason,,bill lees put it better than i could :blink::blink:

Edited by santaponsasaint

Im not a great coldplay fan think theyre ok, im rock fan as you know but willing to give anybody a listen to within reason,,bill lees put it better than i could :blink:  :blink:

192150[/snapback]

Sorry, mate, I just think Coldplay are rank. Ever since Yellow, in fact. When I first heard I thought it was okay, then after a while it began to grate on me. The same with Trouble and pretty much the same with any other stuff they've come out with.

Gimme Ace of Spades any time. And if that makes me a tosser then I wear that badge with pride. Viva Lemmy! :headbang

This thread easily wins the title of "Who can post the most obscure albums/acts". "With the winner and untouchavble champion Thorizaar, with HHIBSS a close second .....  :lol:

192133[/snapback]

As obscure as the following :huh: ...........

1. The Battlefield Band.

2. Whistlebinkies.

3. Shooglenifty.

4. Silly Wizard.

5. Peatbog Faeries.

........ and I've seen three of them. :)

As obscure as the following  :huh: ...........

1. The Battlefield Band.

2. Whistlebinkies.

3. Shooglenifty.

4. Silly Wizard.

5. Peatbog Faeries.

........ and I've seen three of them.  :)

192158[/snapback]

Ahh, but then (Robert Robinson impersonation), that was within the context very specifically of Scottish Folk Bands, within which context these acts aren't obscure at all, but very high-profile. The "I'm Listening To" thread just perpetuates the citing of the most ridiculous bands anybody has never heard of as the best thing since Peters and Lee...... :blink:

The "I'm Listening To" thread just perpetuates the citing of the most ridiculous bands anybody has never heard of as the best thing since Peters and Lee......  :blink:

192221[/snapback]

Never said it was any good, I just said I was listening to it. :ph34r:

Ahh, but then (Robert Robinson impersonation), that was within the context very specifically of Scottish Folk Bands, within which context these acts aren't obscure at all, but very high-profile. The "I'm Listening To" thread just perpetuates the citing of the most ridiculous bands anybody has never heard of as the best thing since Peters and Lee......  :blink:

192221[/snapback]

Iron Maiden - Number of the Beast

If we were limited to sensible posts, pertinant to Saints, we'd be down to less than 10 a day. As Paul McCartney so righteously said Live and let Die. :whistle

Mason Boyne doesn't Google too well.............. :angry:

192621[/snapback]

Do you not remember Mason Boyne ? He was Robbie Coltrane's uncannily realistically portrayed comedy Orangeman on - I think - "A Kick Up The Eighties", who would always recount tales of it having been a good job him and his pals had their "purely symbolic heavy batons" with them....... :lol: