Irritating Tv Commercials

Bill Lees

1. Old one-armed fecker rabbits on about how he's made a bit of dosh, has 329 grandchildren and had to return all his passports early, then says if you could arrange for him to have just one extra minute to live, he'd give you everything he's got. Who the feck wants a load of sprogs, a bunch of shirts and jackets with only one sleeve, and a load of old cancelled passports ? :blink:

Let the greedy old fecker slip away, I say. :rolleyes:

2. "This isn't just a sausage roll. It's a sun-ripened, free-range, humanely-slaughtered, patagonian pork and venison sausage roll, with pastry rolled on the thighs of dusky Lancastrian maidens."

No it isn't - it feckin' well is just a sausage roll !!!! (well, that's what I find myself screaming at the TV, anyway :blink: )

3. There is no 3. yet.

4. See 3.

5. See 4.

2. "This isn't just a sausage roll. It's a sun-ripened, free-range, humanely-slaughtered, patagonian pork and venison sausage roll, with pastry rolled on the thighs of dusky Lancastrian maidens."

No it isn't - it feckin' well is just a sausage roll !!!! (well, that's what I find myself screaming at the TV, anyway  :blink: )

230474[/snapback]

My company makes bread for M&S and I can assure you I give it the same lack of attention as any other product.

1. Old one-armed fecker rabbits on about how he's made a bit of dosh, has 329 grandchildren and had to return all his passports early, then says if you could arrange for him to have just one extra minute to live, he'd give you everything he's got.  Who the feck wants a load of sprogs, a bunch of shirts and jackets with only one sleeve, and a load of old cancelled passports ?  :blink:

Let the greedy old fecker slip away, I say.  :rolleyes:

No it isn't - it feckin' well is just a sausage roll !!!! (well, that's what I find myself screaming at the TV, anyway  :blink: )

3. There is no 3. yet.

4. See 3.

5. See 4.

230474[/snapback]

:lol::lol: You should get out more !!

I am always starving after one of those M&S ads and i've started shopping at the M&S foodhall in Braehead , i starting going everyday just to get my fix of not just food, but M&S food, they know me by name now and have told the police to watch out for me for i am not just a tubby scoffalot - i am gucci wearing, Mercedes Benz driving, well groomed,sexy intelligent - Tubby scoffalot. :D

Those ads never would work on me :wink:

DFS with that Kemp bloke..."Come on in" Supposd to believe it's the twat's living rooom with about 4 or 5 different sofas in it just 'cause they've hung a few gold disks around the place....and it's always a friggin sale all year arhhh just the tune.....

Ohhh and bloody Alan Sugar "I'm no Gambler" some sort of bonds thing

'cause I'm such a smarmy attention seeking git I'm giving my fee for this add to charity....just give em some of the dosh you squandered on shite at Spurs

There is one where the car is supposed to be a dog. Makes various dog noises when the windows go down or the wipers move etc. Dreadful!

Another car ad which I think Clement Freud does the voiceover and pauses between every word. Some nonsense about "bigsmall".

Not so much irritating, but a bit disturbing is yet another car advert which has people looking to the sky when the car goes past because they think it's a jet. It just reminds me of footage of the Twin Towers attacks when people on the streets were looking up when they heard the plane come in! Surely someone at the ad agency must have thought of this too?

"Quote me happy" - FÚCK. OFF.

230604[/snapback]

Ooooh that is SO true. And have you ever tried phoning them up for a quote ? I did about a year ago and they gave me the most expensive quote out of about six car insurance companies I tried by some distance. Quote me happy, my ARSE.

"Quote me happy" - FÚCK. OFF.

230609[/snapback]

Ooooh that is SO true.  And have you ever tried phoning them up for a quote ? I did about a year ago and they gave me the most expensive quote out of about six car insurance companies I tried by some distance. Quote me happy, my ARSE.

230609[/snapback]

You're a right pair o grumpy basturts! Wilbur's right about YOU... :rolleyes:

Edited by chingford

There is one where the car is supposed to be a dog. Makes various dog noises when the windows go down or the wipers move etc. Dreadful!

Not so much irritating, but a bit disturbing is yet another car advert which has people looking to the sky when the car goes past because they think it's a jet. It just reminds me of footage of the Twin Towers attacks when people on the streets were looking up when they heard the plane come in! Surely someone at the ad agency must have thought of this too?

230607[/snapback]

The top one is for a Renault I think.

I've thought about that one with the massive car as well.

The marks and spencers adverts really work for me, they are extremely cleverly done - all the adjectives may sound boring, but they are drawing you in  <_<

(sorry I forgot I don't work there no more)

232016[/snapback]

Did you get yer jotters for sticking your fingers in the chocolate puddings ?- not just any chocolate pudding but a double chocolate pudding made with the finest belgian chocolate ( fae belgium) , wrapped in moist , fluffy real chocolate sponge with a cocoa rich quadruple chocolate , all singin , all dancin chocolate topping & a dolop o' creme :wink:

the new honda one with the people making all the noises and that one with all the bouncy balls rolling down the street

230804[/snapback]

That's a quality ad like all the Honda ones IMO

1 Any sky channel ad for Ocean Finance or some other such sh*te

2 All insurance ads particularly the one with the twins (same car diff insurance)

3 Anything with Carol "mutton dressed as lamb" Vaudeman in it.

4 The Ford ones on SkySportsnews for sheer mindnumbing repetition

5 The Flash adverts with ageing lad and his daydreaming fantasies