Amnesty on Guttersniping

St. Sid

As per a couple of posts it is a real shame that childish guttersniping may be standing in the way of swithering supporters being able to present their concerns and having them discussed openly and fairly. Instead we have a few fannies jumping on every snippet of information and trying to turn it into a scandalous revelation that should bring down the CIC proposals. This in turn generates much mocking from sane people leaving genuinely concerned fans out of the debate or worse tarnished as radical dafties like animal.

We are seeing too much personal attacks on fellow St Mirren supporters and I include REA in this as he is certainly doing his bit for the club at the moment whether you like the idea of the CIC or not.

At a time when we see such positive rhetoric from Steven Thmpson and the positive impact this can have on our St Mirren supporting community dwell for a minute what impact the guttersniping on fellow St Mirren fans is having on the same community.

Is it really in the best interests of the community for a St Mirren daft journalist to be getting attacked online for posting positive articles about St Mirren? Does it make sense for St Mirren fans to be attacking the likes of Stewart Gilmour who has done so much for our club? Is there any sense or point in the railing at Div over one shitey little insignificant post in a forum he has built up over the last few years for us, often at his own expense and mainly because like the rest of us he is a bit unhinged when it comes to supporting St Mirren.

There is a lot to be hopeful and positive about just now. By all means lets have a sensible and reasonable debate outlining genuine concerns about the CIC. The guttersniping and briefing against people involved in or supporting the CIC damages the spirit of our community at a time when we should be trying to sell as many season tickets as possible and encouraging as much support for the club as possible.

I reckon the debate about whether there was enough support for the CIC or not was over a long time ago. I saw the support for the CIC at the SMiSA meeting I attended and then later at the public meetings. It is time to stop the guttersniping. If you are still against the CIC you will surely still continue to be a St Mirren supporter. Guttersniping will have no impact on whether the CIC goes ahead or not. It will have an effect on the spirit of the St Mirren supporting community though.

It is time to have a debate about genuine concerns and allow fellow supporters to fully consider what the CIC means to them, rather than trying to undermine the people involved in it, which offers nothing to the debate and detracts from genuinely concerned supporters getting their concerns across and their points debated in a manner that being fellow St Mirren supporters should facilitate.

Or to paraphrase...stop being a fanny animal. :P

Black and White Armies resident rent a gob calls for an amnesty on sniping.This is the guy who has just chased one of the best posters on the site away.

You couldnae make it up.

Black and White Armies resident rent a gob calls for an amnesty on sniping.This is the guy who has just chased one of the best posters on the site away.

You couldnae make it up.

Nonsense, the more posters on B&WArmy the better just as the more fans in the ground is what we all want. Some will take the huff now and then - that's life. The beauty of the forum is that you can just create a new alais and crack on with it, having made a bawz of yourself. :P

Meanwhile things are hotting up in the West End alright

Contracts in the offices, groups in the night

My bummin' slummin' friends have all got new boots

An' someone just asked me if the group would wear suits

I don't wanna hear about what the rich are doing

I don't wanna go to where the rich are going

They think they're so clever, they think they're so right

But the truth is only known by guttersnipes......................

You couldnae make it up.

Correctomundo . .

I think he might be trying to make himself feel better/ justified. .

Edited by saintnextlifetime

Guest TPAFKATS

As per a couple of posts it is a real shame that childish guttersniping may be standing in the way of swithering supporters being able to present their concerns and having them discussed openly and fairly. Instead we have a few fannies jumping on every snippet of information and trying to turn it into a scandalous revelation that should bring down the CIC proposals. This in turn generates much mocking from sane people leaving genuinely concerned fans out of the debate or worse tarnished as radical dafties like animal.

We are seeing too much personal attacks on fellow St Mirren supporters and I include REA in this as he is certainly doing his bit for the club at the moment whether you like the idea of the CIC or not.

At a time when we see such positive rhetoric from Steven Thmpson and the positive impact this can have on our St Mirren supporting community dwell for a minute what impact the guttersniping on fellow St Mirren fans is having on the same community.

Is it really in the best interests of the community for a St Mirren daft journalist to be getting attacked online for posting positive articles about St Mirren? Does it make sense for St Mirren fans to be attacking the likes of Stewart Gilmour who has done so much for our club? Is there any sense or point in the railing at Div over one shitey little insignificant post in a forum he has built up over the last few years for us, often at his own expense and mainly because like the rest of us he is a bit unhinged when it comes to supporting St Mirren.

There is a lot to be hopeful and positive about just now. By all means lets have a sensible and reasonable debate outlining genuine concerns about the CIC. The guttersniping and briefing against people involved in or supporting the CIC damages the spirit of our community at a time when we should be trying to sell as many season tickets as possible and encouraging as much support for the club as possible.

I reckon the debate about whether there was enough support for the CIC or not was over a long time ago. I saw the support for the CIC at the SMiSA meeting I attended and then later at the public meetings. It is time to stop the guttersniping. If you are still against the CIC you will surely still continue to be a St Mirren supporter. Guttersniping will have no impact on whether the CIC goes ahead or not. It will have an effect on the spirit of the St Mirren supporting community though.

It is time to have a debate about genuine concerns and allow fellow supporters to fully consider what the CIC means to them, rather than trying to undermine the people involved in it, which offers nothing to the debate and detracts from genuinely concerned supporters getting their concerns across and their points debated in a manner that being fellow St Mirren supporters should facilitate.

Fcuk me! Yet another thread of pish and jism started by our resident fannybaws.

This one comes with an added squirt of self-rightousness.

You must love the sound of your own voice...

Nonsense, the more posters on B&WArmy the better just as the more fans in the ground is what we all want. Some will take the huff now and then - that's life. The beauty of the forum is that you can just create a new alais and crack on with it, having made a bawz of yourself. :P

Take the huff? You launched a bitter and personal attack on Fraz using innuendo and unsubstantiated allegations. However you clearly think that is funny.

Nobody has done more fo disharmony and in-fighting on this board than you

Take the huff? You launched a bitter and personal attack on Fraz using innuendo and unsubstantiated allegations. However you clearly think that is funny.

Nobody has done more fo disharmony and in-fighting on this board than you

I find most things funny especially moral outrage, no revelation there. :)

Fras sent the PM, Fras boasted about conspiring against a fellow St Mirren fan. I actually suggested he speak directly to the person about his issues / allegations. He wasn't prepared to do that. A real shame IMHO. A cracking guy making a few errors in judgement.

If you want to be a genuine friend to him, like I tried to be ask him about what he is up to and advise him he is making a mistake. It is up to him whether he shares what is really going on with you.

I have forwarded on one part of one PM to one other person and will do no more about it beyond that. It is certainly not a pleasant situation, but it is not one that I created. :)

I find most things funny especially moral outrage, no revelation there. :)

Fras sent the PM, Fras boasted about conspiring against a fellow St Mirren fan. I actually suggested he speak directly to the person about his issues / allegations. He wasn't prepared to do that. A real shame IMHO. A cracking guy making a few errors in judgement.

If you want to be a genuine friend to him, like I tried to be ask him about what he is up to and advise him he is making a mistake. It is up to him whether he shares what is really going on with you.

I have forwarded on one part of one PM to one other person and will do no more about it beyond that. It is certainly not a pleasant situation, but it is not one that I created. :)

Your book of excuses must be massive.

Your book of excuses must be massive.

f'k'n huge Bud. :P

No excuses, I'm actually pretty uncomfortable with the whole thing and was from the moment I received the PM. The conspiracy attempts seem dead and buried as far as I can do anything about it as all I knew about it was the PM. If I hadn't been sent the PM I would have been blissfully unaware of any of it...my preferred option. Shame I got dragged into it really. :)

Unbelievable statement from a knob :P