Club Sale. Developments "very Soon"

div

I asked why Motherwell have seemingly overtaken us in relation to their PR, and their ability to get a ten minute spot on national TV, while our attempts at becoming a community owned club are seemingly now so far under the radar that they are invisible. The clue in my original post was where I said 'Where is our PR, where are we...'

It isn't a point I made later, it is a point I made in my initial post - which you misunderstood. As I say, I never once mentioned the relative merits of each club's efforts, or went into any detail whatsoever - you did.

The simple fact of the matter is there was a misunderstanding. It's no big deal, other than even when you're wrong - you're right.

I'm actually tired of debating the merits or otherwise of a CIC, CO-op, a Well Society, or a takeover by 'traditional' means. I just want to rack up every second Saturday, buy a pie, watch my team playing fitba' and go home either happy or sad - I just wondered though why we seem to have fallen off the edge of the world, while the Well Society have jumped into the spotlight created by the rather unfortunate cash shortfall situation in Govan.

Developments soon....?

All down to politics. The SNP are doing their best to kill off the CIC altogether irrespective of what is put forward by 10,000hrs. If the gov are determined not to back the proposals then you won't get the PR. Stu was actually correct to point to the pricetag. It has also been a blocker. With no pricetag to worry about at 'well it makes more sense to talk about their project as it is more likely to progress.

StuDick is also right about the community element of our CIC. That's what makes the political opporition from scumbag SNP c"ntcillors all the more reprehensible. And more than that all the SNP c"ntcillors are boaktastic ugly.

I'm actually tired of debating the merits or otherwise of a CIC, CO-op, a Well Society, or a takeover by 'traditional' means. I just want to rack up every second Saturday, buy a pie, watch my team playing fitba' and go home either happy or sad - I just wondered though why we seem to have fallen off the edge of the world, while the Well Society have jumped into the spotlight created by the rather unfortunate cash shortfall situation in Govan.

Developments soon....?

I've given it half the day and I still can't understand this. I've no idea where you are coming from now Poz. A few months ago you wanted elected, you were keen to be involved, you were designing artwork for fliers and you were Richard Atkinson's best pal. Today you've chucked it, thrown in the towel and decided you'd rather just eat pies and watch the football and all because St Mirren weren't who the TV channels immediately turned to when talking about shared fan ownership of football clubs.

Actually now I'm typing it out maybe I do understand it. Sid did say that the only people likely to want elected to the CIC boards were politicians and sausage roll thieves. Is it just the pastry you are interested in?

Is this The Govan Lot in Disguise ? REA agent for Whyte ? Where is " Tricky Dicky " when you need him - Take's all our Bank Details, Then Fcuk's Rite Off ? thumbdown.gif

Would you prefer someone like Whyte taking over Saints or would you rather have the future of the club in the hands of the supporters ?

Would you prefer someone like Whyte taking over Saints or would you rather have the future of the club in the hands of the supporters ?

Whyte is a Rankgers supporter, so therefore that club was also in the hands of the supporters.rolleyes.gif

Whyte is a Rankgers supporter, so therefore that club was also in the hands of the supporters.rolleyes.gif

That club was in the hands of A so called supporter who could do whatever he liked with the club.

The community buyout would mean approx 1000 supporters having a say in what could happen with Saints and having visibility on things like the accounts etc and voting on the majority of the board members. That is a very big say in how the club would be run.

REA has had details of my bank account almost since the forms were available, there has been absolutely no unauthorised withdrawals from it and far from 'f**king off' as it was put, he is still involved with the club. I have no reason for thinking he's 'tricky dicky' but someone who is looking at the best interests of Saint Mirren Football Club and it's involvement with the whole community.

That club was in the hands of A so called supporter who could do whatever he liked with the club.

The community buyout would mean approx 1000 supporters having a say in what could happen with Saints and having visibility on things like the accounts etc and voting on the majority of the board members. That is a very big say in how the club would be run.

REA has had details of my bank account almost since the forms were available, there has been absolutely no unauthorised withdrawals from it and far from 'f**king off' as it was put, he is still involved with the club. I have no reason for thinking he's 'tricky dicky' but someone who is looking at the best interests of Saint Mirren Football Club and it's involvement with the whole community.

It wasn't me who made those claims about Richard. I'm sure he has the best interests of SMFC at heart, just wish we could have some resolution on the ownership issue.

It wasn't me who made those claims about Richard. I'm sure he has the best interests of SMFC at heart, just wish we could have some resolution on the ownership issue.

I know it wasn;t you who made these comments, but these type of unsubstntiated, potentially libellious, comments don't help. If people don't like the idea or just don't want to get involved, then fair enough they should come out and say that. But if someone came on here to try and see the thoughts of Saints supporters and read comments like that you could see them being suspicious about the whole idea and not going for it.

At a time when we're looking at the train wreckage of one of the country's biggest clubs and their supporters looking to try and get involved in running the club we are sitting here with that chance and doing practically nothing.

I think as we are finally at the stage where a bid can be made for the club, the (good) points you have continually highlighted can now be properly addressed. One thing will be true though......Any form of a cic model can NEVER be sold to Rang*rs or any other asset stripers at any time in the future and for me that is the biggest plus of all.

I think as we are finally at the stage where a bid can be made for the club, the (good) points you have continually highlighted can now be properly addressed. One thing will be true though......Any form of a cic model can NEVER be sold to Rang*rs or any other asset stripers at any time in the future and for me that is the biggest plus of all.

It seems a strange time to put a bid in for a football club, unless of course there is concern that the consortium may indeed be interested in a potential future bid from a r*ngers Newco. If r*ngers are liquidated, a Newco aren't permitted back into the SPL, and the consortium are as keen to protect the interests of the club as others have made out - surely it would be better to hold off making a bid until the end of the season when the shares are utterly worthless.

So it was Ken McGeoch's bid that is in question with Gilmour claiming he has no evidence that r*ngers were involved. It's hardly an inflated offer and it was hardly made against a background of the threat of liquidation or the end of r*ngers FC.

I'll admit I'm impressed that Gilmour has come out openly and spoken about it and that he's re-affirmed that Richard Atkinson and the Co-operative bid is the preferred bidder. Hopefully the deal can now be concluded once and for all and St Mirren will become the first SPL club to properly involve the community in the day to day running.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

So it was Ken McGeoch's bid that is in question with Gilmour claiming he has no evidence that r*ngers were involved. It's hardly an inflated offer and it was hardly made against a background of the threat of liquidation or the end of r*ngers FC.

I'll admit I'm impressed that Gilmour has come out openly and spoken about it and that he's re-affirmed that Richard Atkinson and the Co-operative bid is the preferred bidder. Hopefully the deal can now be concluded once and for all and St Mirren will become the first SPL club to properly involve the community in the day to day running.

Yes......Ken McGeogh it was. He had a choice of hundreds of "reputable" lawyers to appoint and chose Collier Bristow1eye.gif . He had a choice of partners and selected Gary Withey1eye.gif . Remember this story is BEFORE Craig Whyte was outed!. Mr McGeogh has now parted company with this law firm and has appointed a new London firm to carry on with his bidsorcerer.gif .....Don't darken our door again Ken ..you have been rumbled big time by a bit of due dillegence and by a Chairman who is not WILLING to be duped!...And for the record Collier Bristow have been involved for a long time in a legal battle for using clients money and are facing a £50 million bankrupcy. ...BEFORE either Mr Whyte or Mr McGeoch employed them. ...Craig Whyte= Ken McGeoch..

So what was KMs cunning plan?

Well as Baldrick would say "it was a cunning plan".......Ken made the bid in January while Craig Whyte was still getting support in the media and Ran*ers fans were still split on his end game. The talks between him and Collier Bristow would have taken place months before the bid was made. It's really simple HSS....He was fronting a bid for Craig Whyte to buy St Mirren and get them back to the SPL after liquidation. Can I make that any more clear for you??

Edited by reborn saint

St Mirren were offered 4 million by r*ngers. That’s the bullshit I have been told is being talked about on Radio Scotland. A work mate took me to his computer and it’s all over the c*ltic forums celticminded as something like this would be.

No idea if it’s true

LS I suspect it's bullshit. The Gilmour interview and the report is here. There's no mention of a value to the bid.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17411645

It was all pretty much as Reborn has said. It's not exactly the inflated bid that I was suggesting in my scenario - it didn't even get to the bid stage - but there's a lot of positives for St Mirren fans in the interview and in the fact that Gilmour has come out and made it clear that they are not looking for offers from representatives of any r*ngers Newco group.