The Herald Article

http://www.heraldsco...estors.17819873

Dunno if it really adds anything to the story. Gilmour says the consortium want out now cause it's starting to affect their health and he claimed he's got two "fit and proper" people besides 10000hours who are interested in buying the club. The only thing that might help push some St Mirren fans over the line is the fact that Gilmour has made it clear that the comfort blanket that some have been holding onto as an alternative to the CIC simply isn't an option.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

If there are two "fit and proper" buyers out there , what's the panic about the CIC ?mellow.png

Because it;s affecting the health of some of the board and the CIC has taken so long they have run out of patience. The R+ng+rs can't be easy to handle and I guess as a result the financial situation may not be great for all the reasons discussed.

If there are two "fit and proper" buyers out there , what's the panic about the CIC ?mellow.png

David Murray apparently thought Craig Whye was "fit and proper".

Anyone show proof of finances and any "due diligence" done on them is going to paper thin I expect.

Once they have paid their money and they have the shares they can do whatever they want.

There will not be St.Mirren supporters running the club.

If that doesn't concern you then it should !

Anyone show proof of finances and any "due diligence" done on them is going to paper thin I expect.

Once they have paid their money and they have the shares they can do whatever they want.

There will not be St.Mirren supporters running the club.

If that doesn't concern you then it should !

HELLO!!!!!! Where's the detailed finances and "due dilligence" for the CIC? One / two risks we don't know about doesn't eliminate another risk.

Edited by St. Sid

"Gilmour also admitted that ongoing uncertainty over the sale has held the club back in recent years. "We've moved on under Danny [Lennon, manager] on the field, but off the field the club hasn't moved on commercially. We've stagnated. That criticism sits with the board"

Is RA not the Commercial Director ?

Guest somner9

HELLO!!!!!! Where's the detailed finances and "due dilligence" for the CIC? One / two risks we don't know about doesn't eliminate another risk.

Poor Sid, was the bar shut right enough? No beer and all blah, blah again. punctuated by the odd bit of sabre/shroud rattling

This post would be better served in here

I can understand why fans want to know who has put in an offer for the club. At the end of the day though men in sharp dressed suits are not going to come in and flash their own cash are they. They are going to want to get their investment back. That investment back can only come from one place the club. Money that will be starved from the team Business people are not charities ,

if we go down the road with outsiders coming in to buy the club it will lead us to a dark road that's my personal view.

Why oh why are you doubters out there not backing fan ownership. There was no dodgy talk last night at the meeting. Here we have a chance to secure the club in our name and make sure profits are put back into the club if there will be any at worst run the club the way it is being run now one penny in one penny out. Do you really want debt to be loaded onto the club ? You seriously think that someone living abroad is going to splash the cash.

Sumner9 - you have a big chance to have your concerns answered today by 10,000 hours. I'm curious why your not taking the opportunity to do so.

"Gilmour also admitted that ongoing uncertainty over the sale has held the club back in recent years. "We've moved on under Danny [Lennon, manager] on the field, but off the field the club hasn't moved on commercially. We've stagnated. That criticism sits with the board"

Is RA not the Commercial Director ?

Isn't big Campbell Kennedy still doing it?

Guest somner9

This post would be better served in here

I can understand why fans want to know who has put in an offer for the club. At the end of the day though men in sharp dressed suits are not going to come in and flash their own cash are they. They are going to want to get their investment back. That investment back can only come from one place the club. Money that will be starved from the team Business people are not charities ,

if we go down the road with outsiders coming in to buy the club it will lead us to a dark road that's my personal view.

Why oh why are you doubters out there not backing fan ownership. There was no dodgy talk last night at the meeting. Here we have a chance to secure the club in our name and make sure profits are put back into the club if there will be any at worst run the club the way it is being run now one penny in one penny out. Do you really want debt to be loaded onto the club ? You seriously think that someone living abroad is going to splash the cash.

Sumner9 - you have a big chance to have your concerns answered today by 10,000 hours. I'm curious why your not taking the opportunity to do so.

Keep it under your hat, but I'd like them to go away, I don't believe in their proposal (any of the four so far) and I take exception to them blaming saints fans for their inability to sell said proposals to the wider fan base. That said their mammy's probably love them and i'm sure they always ring home every week.

There will not be St.Mirren supporters running the club.How do you know they don't support saints

If that doesn't concern you then it should !How do you know that they are not saints people

Edited by glenburn ed

Copy of my post on the official forum:

I certainly came away convinced that the CIC is the safe way forward.

Anyway the rest of this post is my honest 0pinion and is not for those who are dead set against the CIC or who have their own agenda...

The current SMFC BOD have dropped their selling price £2m to £1.5m

REA stated that the re-submissions of DDs sum raised so far was around 60% of that required, so there istill a good way to go!

I am sure that if the CIC bid is succesfull and the Interim board shows that it is listening and working with their members, then by the time of the CIC AGM & Board Elections in Nov/Dec, more fans will sign up.

The time for sitting on the fence "to see what happens" or dithering about completing a DD is over.

We Fans only have one week to show that we want Fan governance and safety for our Club.

For a tenner a month? Come on people, we can amend the draft Constitution to the way we want it before it is ratified at the AGM.

If we don't raise the required amount in the coming week, someone else will buy our Club (who will only be looking to take money out of our Club) i.e. There will be no Black & White Knight

Either way, the current SMFC BOD will sell before the start of next Season and none of them will be on the new BOD.

This is a genuine, once in a lifetime opportunity to secure our Club's future.

Detailed finances I can wait for Sid. The CIC folks have been on the SMFC Bod for over 2 yrs. I am sure they have been dilligent.