Direct Debit On Line

Since filling up the direct debit online last week I have received a couple of e-mails asking to fill in a direct debit ( if not already done so )

Problem is nothing has been received to say my details were received .

I got a reply within about 10 mins of filling in DD online. Maybe best to check it was received I think they give you log on details when you sign up. Or just fill in another one its all for a good cause you know.

Can't get logged in with my e-mail address and password. This should be a concern to 10,000 hours.

I may be one of many who has filled in a direct debit online but don't know one way or another if it's been registered.

I'm off abroad for five weeks on Wed and would like this done before I leave.

Can't get logged in with my e-mail address and password. This should be a concern to 10,000 hours.

I may be one of many who has filled in a direct debit online but don't know one way or another if it's been registered.

I'm off abroad for five weeks on Wed and would like this done before I leave.

LS I was in a similar position when I tried to go back to edit my DDM before finishing the form. I also couldn't get logged in yesterday, but today having reset my password I have now got access, checked my DDM and found that everything is fine and in order.

Try using the "forgotten my password" link with your e-mail address. If it recognises the e-mail address and sends you the link for a new password your account exists. If it doesn't recognise it then I would suggest they haven't captured your details.

Have returned from holiday and just remembered to do my DD again online. Have not received a confirmation e-mail yet (expect it to be along the lines of 'thank you for your online DD mandate, sausage roll thieving will hopefully begin on June 16, pending approval from St Sid'), but as its the weekend I'll wait and see what transpires over the next day or two. I checked my account details and it all appears to have gone through OK though. One thing I can't appear to do is to set my own password. I haven't chosen one yet, and no matter what I try in the 'existing password' box, the system won't accept it.

Edited by pozbaird

Have returned from holiday and just remembered to do my DD again online. Have not received a confirmation e-mail yet (expect it to be along the lines of 'thank you for your online DD mandate, sausage roll thieving will hopefully begin on June 16, pending approval from St Sid'), but as its the weekend I'll wait and see what transpires over the next day or two. I checked my account details and it all appears to have gone through OK though. One thing I can't appear to do is to set my own password. I haven't chosen one yet, and no matter what I try in the 'existing password' box, the system won't accept it.

If you use the forgotten password box and reset your password you'll be able to select one then.

If you use the forgotten password box and reset your password you'll be able to select one then.

At the risk of appearing a total diddy - I can't find a 'forgotten password' feature on the site. Maybe it's 28 hours without sleep to blame?

No worries Poz

https://gocardless.com/users/sign_in

Next to the word "Sign In" in the yellow box, it says "Forgot Your Password?"

The reason I couldn't see it was because I was signed in. I had to sign out, then go back in, and then I saw the yellow box. Now, not having had a password in the first place, I have to say I've forgotten it, and will receive an e-mail in five minutes, telling me how to change a password I'd never had.

Bollocks.

The reason I couldn't see it was because I was signed in. I had to sign out, then go back in, and then I saw the yellow box. Now, not having had a password in the first place, I have to say I've forgotten it, and will receive an e-mail in five minutes, telling me how to change a password I'd never had.

Bollocks.

That's RBS for you

That's RBS for you

Barstewards, that's what they are.

When I went in for the first time to pledge my 'X' amount per' month, and filled in my bank account details and e-mail address, I didn't see an option to choose a password. Surely there should have been one at that point, instead of signing in, then seeing the 'change password' tab, and fcuking around because you didn't have a password chosen in the first place...never mind, seems to be sorted now. Just hope my password choice of 'fcuktheroyalbankofscotland' is acceptable.

Edited by pozbaird

When I went in for the first time to pledge my 'X' amount per' month, and filled in my bank account details and e-mail address, I didn't see an option to choose a password. Surely there should have been one at that point

When you submit the online application it asks you for your name, email address, bank account details and post code.

When you submit that a second screen asks you to set a password on the account so you can manage your direct debit.

Maybe you didn't see the second screen when you submitted the first page details ?

Since filling up the direct debit online last week I have received a couple of e-mails asking to fill in a direct debit ( if not already done so )

Problem is nothing has been received to say my details were received .

Perhaps your junkmail filter blocked the email.

Just login to the gocardless.com site using your email address and the password you chose when signing up and you will be able to to check your DD status.

Or email [email protected] with a query and you will get a response as to your status.

I take it Vegas was not lucky enough for you to buy the Club then Poz?

Nope! We broke even though... Considering we only play $20 each day on the slot machines, we were never going to be millionaires!

True story though - went to the gym in the hotel each morning, and was wearing a Saints training T Shirt. A guy in the gym, who turned out to be Belgian, pointed and said in broken English.. 'St Mirren! You Scottish? You better than those cheating Rangers!'. Straight up!

Anyway... Div: definitely didn't see the second page. All sorted now, the jetlag however means I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed at 6.18am on a Sunday morning, and posting on a forum!

So, did I miss anything? Don't answer that!