Message To 10000 Hours & Mr Gilmour - From The Fans

No to NewCo in the SPL in any way shape or form.

No to NewCo in SFL 1 in any way shape or form.

No to NewCo in SFL 3 without allowing other clubs who have been trying for several years the chance to reapply.

Yes to CiC, but no to being scaremongered by some sections of said CiC into believing that we need NewCo around to survive.

But the club have obviously got so reliant on the TV cash that they no longer need money from the likes of you and I.

They have wrongly relied on TV money when it has been blatantly obvious since the days of setanta that this source of income is the most unreliable source in the marketplace.

TV money should only be considered for use once it has actually been placed in the clubs bank account, SMFC and other clubs have signed players on the strength of what they might get, it's a form of business practice known as speculation, and look what that has done to the banks

No to NewCo in the SPL in any way shape or form.

No to NewCo in SFL 1 in any way shape or form.

No to NewCo in SFL 3 without allowing other clubs who have been trying for several years the chance to reapply.

Yes to CiC, but no to being scaremongered by some sections of said CiC into believing that we need NewCo around to survive.

To be fair i do not see any scare tactics being used by cic that in any way suggest we need newco in spl to survive, only that we need sufficient revenue to keep the club on a level keel financially, and with that in mind 10000hours and the BOD have suspended any deal until it's known what the financial future will be.

It is a cautionary and IMO welcome approach to the uncertainty of income from external sources such as sky and advertisers,

To not have warnings on potential cash shortfall would be far worse than having no mention of it.

Edited by buddiecat

Jesus Christ.

Scaremongering is perhaps a bit strong, but I don't think the entire picture is being looked at here.

IF Sky pull out 100%, and everything you say comes to pass, many other clubs out with ourselves are in a far more perilous situation than we are and will die a long time before us, Div.

The doomsday scenario that has been written up by yourself only includes the consequences for SMFC. If Sky do walk away, what goes on at other clubs around us is a massive issue which doesn't seem to have been fully expressed in your scenario. This isn't as cut and dried as Sky pulling out of the deal and leaving Scottish football faltering and dying without them. This simply will not happen, regardless of saying that we don't know that. I'd be happy to back with everything I own that there will be a deal of some sort on the table next term from sky.

Do you think that the aforementioned chapipe Mr Christ, Would know the number of Members that this CIC had signed up to The 87 Club at £ 3k ( a first at the bar Membership ) Or the Prawn sandwich Brigade at £ 25k a whip ? Doe's this CIC have 1000 Members ?

I'd like to know those numbers also, and as far as i can tell there are around 900 members, but no official stats to back this up

Do you think that the aforementioned chapipe Mr Christ, Would know the number of Members that this CIC had signed up to The 87 Club at £ 3k ( a first at the bar Membership ) Or the Prawn sandwich Brigade at £ 25k a whip ? Doe's this CIC have 1000 Members ?

Yes our lord David has made this info clear on another thread...go look

The survey that will take place of 10000Hours members will ask a few questions asking for the opinion based on various different scenarios.

It's pretty pointless to just ask "Do you want NewCo". Of course the answer is going to be No.

If that was all there was to it the club would already have come out and said it was voting No !

What I am saying will become clearer once the questions are published which should be Monday if not sooner.

Richard does have a hotline to Mr Christ so he should know.

The survey that will take place of 10000Hours members will ask a few questions asking for the opinion based on various different scenarios.

It's pretty pointless to just ask "Do you want NewCo". Of course the answer is going to be No.

If that was all there was to it the club would already have come out and said it was voting No !

What I am saying will become clearer once the questions are published which should be Monday if not sooner.

If the club want this information shouldn't they be asking season ticket and share holders?

Just a thought.

If the club want this information shouldn't they be asking season ticket and share holders?

Just a thought.

Don't disagree David, you'd need to ask them about that, I have enough on my plate without getting involved with that argument !

I do know that Stewart has personally telephoned many fans who have written or emailed the club with concerns about NewCo to discuss it with them.

He isn't daft, he knows what the fans want, but he wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't consider the potential impact to the football club of various scenarios happening on the back of the horrible lot not being in the SPL.

Div ...we already know the questions of sanctions, first division etc......the answer is no to the SPL...no to 1st div...So no matter what fancy suggestions you have (not your fault of course)....10000hrs...., season ticket holders ...the wee guy sitting in his hoose...Me ,You , any fan ...It's a NO!

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/motherwell/107668-motherwell-board-says-loss-of-rangers-could-put-well-into-administration/

Motherwell's take on the situation. Like St Mirren fans will get a vote - but it'll be done with the threat of administration and the loss of £900,000 off their annual turnover if there's no Rangers in the SPL.

It's quite clear what the combined tactic is from the SPL chairmen here. As I said yesterday they've loaded the gun and handed it to the fans, told them they can shoot Rangers if they want to but they should beware of ricochets.

http://sport.stv.tv/...administration/

Motherwell's take on the situation. Like St Mirren fans will get a vote - but it'll be done with the threat of administration and the loss of £900,000 off their annual turnover if there's no Rangers in the SPL.

It's quite clear what the combined tactic is from the SPL chairmen here. As I said yesterday they've loaded the gun and handed it to the fans, told them they can shoot Rangers if they want to but they should beware of ricochets.

£900.000 is a new high....can anyone get £1Million??whistling.gif

£900.000 is a new high....can anyone get £1Million??whistling.gif

Well in fairness their figures aren't that different to what Div has suggested on here.

The breakdown of costs that Motherwell foresee if the newco is voted out of the league are a loss of £600,000 from SPL revenues, made up of sponsorships and the television deal for the league.

The club expects to lose £275,000 in gate receipts from Rangers supporters and estimates a drop of £40,000 in matchday hospitality and sponsorship.

There's no doubt there are going to be hefty losses but it has to be concerning that the Well Society is talking about members HAVING to increase contributions to keep the club going. I wouldn't be happy to do this with 10000hours. If St Mirren cannot balance the books and administration follows then that is simply a consequence of the poor management of the current board. Not being a St Mirren fan I wouldn't be happy to bail out the club in that circumstance.