The A League

ednz

Heskey has signed for the Newcastle Jets, not sure what Del Piero is getting paid but the transfer was over NZ$2.5million

the football is watchable

season tickets only valid for sitting in my living room with a beer in hand

What kind of cash are they offering to attract Del Piero?

Any other "names" playing over there?

I was at a couple of Melbourne Victory games last season (2-2 draw with Perth Glory) around 20.000 in the Etihad Arena. No atmosphere and not the best quality football in my opinion. I believe Harry Kewell was on a small fortune when he signed for Melbourne Victory. Melbourne Heart were the better of the two teams last season. I think it was the Gold Coast United lost their licence and were punted and replaced by Western Sydney.

Check out Mark Bosnich. he's a pundit on Fox.................now sporting a belter of a wig. There's a few ex EPL players playing there, plus Steven McGarry and Billy Mehmet. Francis Jeffers, Michael McGlinchey (Ex Dunfermline and Celtic) Grant Brebner to name a few.

The "Yellow fever" give the Phoenix home games a bit of atmosphere

McGlinchey has played for NZ a few times, hasnt played as much as some of the Phoenix players, the only reason I can see is that the NZ coach and Phoenix coacah are the same person

The "Yellow fever" give the Phoenix home games a bit of atmosphere

McGlinchey has played for NZ a few times, hasnt played as much as some of the Phoenix players, the only reason I can see is that the NZ coach and Phoenix coacah are the same person

Do the two captains still take pledge of fair play before the games? That used to crack me up.

Wellington Phoenix 1 Brisbane Roar 1

yesterday

Western City Wanderers 0 Sydney 1 (Del Piero)

Mooy had a good game apart from giving away the pen that Del Piero scored - from a rebound on the retake

Mooy was interviewed at the end of the game, even though I think those interviews are pointless, Mooy was terrible

• 1 month later...

Going on reports from some mates in Sydney, Mooy has been on of the top players and being touted for an International call.

I remember saying to my dad that he would be a success as the pace of the game is slower than Scotland, due to it being played in the summer, and that would suit him greatly.

Going on reports from some mates in Sydney, Mooy has been on of the top players and being touted for an International call.

I remember saying to my dad that he would be a success as the pace of the game is slower than Scotland, due to it being played in the summer, and that would suit him greatly.

Mooy played and scored for Australia last week. He's a quality player and it's a pity something held him back when with us.

Mooy played and scored for Australia last week. He's a quality player and it's a pity something held him back when with us.

It seems he might well have been home sick. He certainly looked a cut above at times, and I agree that it is a real shame it didn't click for him here.