Wimbledon 2013

faraway saint

Take it and sit back and relax.

Relax?.....Never mind the money ...I watched a lot of the semi behind the couch where the wife was saying ..."It's Murray you know him..he will come through!"..."I used to doubt him and you told me not to"........I'm like ffs! what do you know!..lol

Edited by reborn saint

Relax?.....Never mind the money ...I watched a lot of the semi behind the couch where the wife was saying ..."It's Murray you know him..he will come through!"..."I used to doubt him and you told me not to"........I'm like ffs! what do you know!..lol

I was reading your posts and Faraway's when Radio2 played Kenny Rogers from Glastonbury singing The Gambler. I don't know the first thing about gambling but wonder if there's a wee hint one way or another for you with the lyrics.

'You got to know when to hold'em, know when to fold them' etc.etc.

I love that song.

Well, 2 weeks ago I tipped Murray, backed by a small wager and todays the day for Murray to repay my support by winning Wimbledon.

The small band of vultures will be watching and hoping he loses to support their small minded views while the majority will be watching and hoping he wins.

I think we are in for a top class match no matter who wins as Djokovic is a magnificent tennis player.

With a view to hoping Murray wins I see the home support, as mentioned in an earlier post, could be an advantage, the fact Djokovic will still be feeling some effects of that mammoth match on Friday and Murray seen him off in the Olympics, albeit only over 3 sets.

C'mon Andy, do it for Scotland. thumbup2.gif

Come on Andy ..................

Do it for yirself, Dunblane, Scotland , Britain & Dunderheid's wallet.

thumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gifthumbup2.gif

In my opinion this has been the best Wimbledon for years. Real shock results, brilliant tennis from both the men and women and Andy's progress even if he did frighten the crap out of us. The womens' final was not great tennisI but still watchable. To round off a great fortnight I'd like to see Andy win in great style but I'll even be happy if he wins a crappy match.

Well done The Lions and good luck to Lewis Hamilton. Great time for sport. Keeps me going until The Ashes start and then we'll have St.Mirren beginning what will be a classic season. Can't wait.

PS Good luck too, to Graham McDowell in the French Open. (How can daft Irishmen pronounce it Mc Dough ell!)

Well, 2 weeks ago I tipped Murray, backed by a small wager and todays the day for Murray to repay my support by winning Wimbledon.

The small band of vultures will be watching and hoping he loses to support their small minded views while the majority will be watching and hoping he wins.

Probably the majority will be outside enjoying the day, getting on with the business of living and not stuck in front of a screen trying to extract displaced pleasure from some utter stranger's achievements in a minority sport, played mainly by people from the monied classes.

Fwiw, I'll be on a train, sweating probably.

I played tennis as a wean and loved it.

Gonnae book Abby in for lessons at the Cowan Park when she turns 5 in August.

It's a marvellous sport to play.

Let me guess........the lessons are free?

Probably the majority will be outside enjoying the day, getting on with the business of living and not stuck in front of a screen trying to extract displaced pleasure from some utter stranger's achievements in a minority sport, played mainly by people from the monied classes.

Fwiw, I'll be on a train, sweating probably.

I'd agree the majority, but I'd also mention there will probably be about 15million viewers watching and enjoying.

Thank goodness we're not all the same, what a dull world that would be, eh?

PS Hope the toilet on the trains out of order and you're in need, ya grumpy auld sausage. bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

I played tennis as a wean and loved it.

Gonnae book Abby in for lessons at the Cowan Park when she turns 5 in August.

It's a marvellous sport to play.

You better tell Bluto tennis isn't, in this day and age, played mainly by people from the monied classes.

Oh to be stuck in them days when everything was so simple.