Wimbledon 2013

faraway saint

I love tennis now especially the females,love how they talk about being able to take balls long hard and deep,or how they have a great base stroke. Also the way they stuff the balls into their knickers.

However, I'm no into this that Murray can handle this guys biggest weapon.

I meant that Murray played way under his normal standard, especially for the first 2 sets.

I never said anything detrimental about Verdasco but let's look at your statement.

Verdasco world class? How do you define that?

He's done nothing in any of the slams for 3 years, won a massive 5 titles in his career, has a won 110/lost 118 record. Not a mug by any means but I would suggest not world class either.

Aye world class right enough. lol.gif

Game set and match to faraway. punk.gif

You can be a diddy at times.bye1.gifbye1.gif

Now you are blethering like a tit.

Verdasco has won $10 million dollars in a 12 year career.

Only the very best tennis players in the world can earn that sort of money.

3 years ago he was the world number 7 before he got injured.

At the time he made the World Finals where the best 8 players on the planet gather to compete.

You haven't even got his career record correct.

It's 359 wins against 253 defeats.

He has won 5 ATP titles and made another 12 losing finals as a singles player.

Additionally he won 5 careers titles with a further 3 losing finals as a doubles player.

Last year he also beat Nadal.

He's not a Federer or a Nadal or even a Murray but this guy is most certainly world class and he's starting to work his way back up the rankings yet again following that injury.

What's really funny is that you think I'd post anything without bothering to check some basic facts.

Edited by oaksoft

My ideal final for the women's would've been Azarenka versus Lisicki but I'm happy enough one of them got there.

Lisicki had a really bad injury a few years back that she did well to return from the way she has. She beat Li Na on her return to Wimbledon & I remember her celebrations. I can understand when those who win celebrate with fist-pumping aggression but I like it when you see someone absolutely overjoyed and that's what Lisicki is like. She's really gutsy and it's great to see someone enjoy themselves on the court so much. It'll be tough against Bartolli but I really hope she wins it.

Edited to add:- There's also the fact she's a wee honey an' aw. cloud9.gif

I dribbled over her first.................I recognised her appeal well before you came into my garden, beat it

Now you are blethering like a tit.

Verdasco has won $10 million dollars in a 12 year career.

Only the very best tennis players in the world can earn that sort of money.

3 years ago he was the world number 7 before he got injured.

At the time he made the World Finals where the best 8 players on the planet gather to compete.

You haven't even got his career record correct.

It's 359 wins against 253 defeats.

He has won 5 ATP titles and made another 12 losing finals as a singles player.

Additionally he won 5 careers titles with a further 3 losing finals as a doubles player.

Last year he also beat Nadal.

He's not a Federer or a Nadal or even a Murray but this guy is most certainly world class and he's starting to work his way back up the rankings yet again following that injury.

What's really funny is that you think I'd post anything without bothering to check some basic facts.

World class? lol.giflol.giflol.gifA 58% career win rate? bangin.gif

Christ, I'm almost on that and I played with a wooden racquet.

Federer, Nadal, Djokovic and Murray, world class, Verdasco, another guy who's spent most of his career outside the top 20.

Murray has a 76% win rate.

Now, stop trying to cover your tracks and admit you're wrong, again.

bye1.gifbye1.gifbye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Remember Del Potro beat Djokovic for the Bronze Medal at Wimbledon in the Olympics. Another win here would not be that big a shock. It also wouldn't necessarily make life easier for Andy (that's Murrzo to you lovestreet) in the final.

Remember Del Potro beat Djokovic for the Bronze Medal at Wimbledon in the Olympics. Another win here would not be that big a shock. It also wouldn't necessarily make life easier for Andy (that's Murrzo to you lovestreet) in the final.

I agree, although Djokovic was favourite.

Whoever comes through this will have been on court for 5 hours or so, a definite slight help to whoever wins the Murray match.

Edited by faraway saint

In fact, Clyde2 are doing an 1980's Show for the next 3 hours.

An absolute shite era for music.

I wont be listening.

Tomorrow night i will be tuning into Clyde2 for a smashing night of entertainment.

First, the Ceilidh Show then the Country Countdown.

Cant bloody wait.

Any scoring at Wimbers ?