Danny Says No More Signings

What point are you trying to make? They are a huge loss and I don't say otherwise?

Do you save all my posts to disc or something? 1eye.gif

I think he's pointing out that your constant ability to change the goalposts is becoming rather transparent.

Maybe you should stick to your principles, namely that you dislike Danny Lennon and cannot wait for us to fall on our arse to allow you to slip into overdrive with negative views to back this up.

I think he's pointing out that your constant ability to change the goalposts is becoming rather transparent.

Maybe you should stick to your principles, namely that you dislike Danny Lennon and cannot wait for us to fall on our arse to allow you to slip into overdrive with negative views to back this up.

How am i changing the goal posts? Jeezuz wept, i say Paul Dummett is a loss in the post quoted, and i point out that Esma and Newton were here for a half a season, which they were.

Don't tar us all with your negative brush. Some of us are optimistic going into next season, if you aren't do us a favour and keep your negativity to yourself, we get it.

In 2004 you made a post about Gus McPherson....Are you willing to back that up?

I'm sure it's in BTB's archive :lol:

I don't know which one has made him look worse. That time he said i had contradicted myself when i said i was optimistic during Dundees death rattle when he dug up a post from about 3 months before the death rattle, or this one.

Either way, the fact he seems to have a forensic knowledge of all my posts is quite creepy.

What point are you trying to make? They are a huge loss and I don't say otherwise?

Do you save all my posts to disc or something? 1eye.gif

I'm sure it's in BTB's archive lol.gif:

I don't know which one has made him look worse. That time he said i had contradicted myself when i said i was optimistic during Dundees death rattle when he dug up a post from about 3 months before the death rattle, or this one.

Either way, the fact he seems to have a forensic knowledge of all my posts is quite creepy.

I remember what I post and what people say in reply. You on the other hand have clearly changed your argument within the space of a month and not for the first time.

How am i changing the goal posts? Jeezuz wept, i say Paul Dummett is a loss in the post quoted, and i point out that Esma and Newton were here for a half a season, which they were.

Don't tar us all with your negative brush. Some of us are optimistic going into next season, if you aren't do us a favour and keep your negativity to yourself, we get it.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You really take the biscuit.

Your recent "season of expectation" was one of your best long term undermining threads.

Painting as many teams as possible as pish poor would, and correct me if I'm wrong, mean Lennon was shite?

Away and take you childish game elsewhere.

PS Explain where I'm being negative, unless you mean against your posts?

Edited by faraway saint

We will find you........And we will kill you....lol

Edited by reborn saint

I remember what I post and what people say in reply. You on the other hand have clearly changed your argument within the space of a month and not for the first time.

Tell me how i have. Be specific, show me exactly where i say Dummett, Newton and Esma won't be huge losses, give me the exact quote. You can try explaining your nightmare about the Dundee death rattle while you're at it.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

You really take the biscuit.

Your recent "season of expectation" was one of your best long term undermining threads.

Painting as many teams as possible as pish poor would, and correct me if I'm wrong, mean Lennon was shite?

Away and take you childish game elsewhere.

Many people seen that as a positive thread, read the replies and the amount of likes it got. If you see it as a negative i suggest that it's more to do with your out look than anything else, maybe one day you'll be able to look on the bright side of life?

Your letting your negative attitude cloud your judgement auld yin, away to bed, maybe you won't be so grumpy in the morning.

Tell me how i have. Be specific, show me exactly where i say Dummett, Newton and Esma won't be huge losses, give me the exact quote. You can try explaining your nightmare about the Dundee death rattle while you're at it.

Many people seen that as a positive thread, read the replies and the amount of likes it got. If you see it as a negative i suggest that it's more to do with your out look than anything else, maybe one day you'll be able to look on the bright side of life?

Your letting your negative attitude cloud your judgement auld yin, away to bed, maybe you won't be so grumpy in the morning.

Indeed, courting a "like me" approach is what it's all about. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Anyway, time will tell.

It won't be long before you dissect any decision Lennon makes or result that goes against us and firmly put the blame on him, as you've done before.

Maybe it's leopard and spots thing. whistling.gif

Not even close to as smart as you think you are. bye1.gif

I already have from your post of 14th June, but then that was a month ago in a different thread but I'll repeat it again. Face it, you changed your argument with another poster, I caught you out and no amount of prevarication will change that.

Newton and Isma played less than half a season, they only played 16 games each for the club. They were undoubtedly fantastic players, however, our league form was better in the half of the season they weren't here.

Dummett will be a loss, but i don't think anyone regarded him as one of our top players last season.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Indeed, courting a "like me" approach is what it's all about. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Anyway, time will tell.

It won't be long before you dissect any decision Lennon makes or result that goes against us and firmly put the blame on him, as you've done before.

Maybe it's leopard and spots thing. whistling.gif

Not even close to as smart as you think you are. bye1.gif

I don't know where to begin with that. I hope you feel better in the morning.

Night night bye1.gif

I already have from your post of 14th June, but then that was a month ago in a different thread but I'll repeat it again. Face it, you changed your argument with another poster, I caught you out and no amount of prevarication will change that.

You can't be specific then? There's no quote saying they aren't a huge loss?

That's twice you've tried to catch me out and twice you've made a fool of yourself. Third time lucky maybe? Better luck next time bye1.gif

We are the only club in the SPL (apart from Celtic, who don't count) to lose neither its top players or its manager in the last 6 months. Some have lost one of those things, some have lost both.

Dummett, Isma, Newton & Samson - add to that both Teale & Thompson will be 35 before the years end, now I'm not saying they didn't deserve new contracts just that they are towards the end of their careers.

Newton and Isma played less than half a season, they only played 16 games each for the club. They were undoubtedly fantastic players, however, our league form was better in the half of the season they weren't here.

Dummett will be a loss, but i don't think anyone regarded him as one of our top players last season.

You can't be specific then? There's no quote saying they aren't a huge loss?

That's twice you've tried to catch me out and twice you've made a fool of yourself. Third time lucky maybe? Better luck next time bye1.gif

Well in the original series of quotes from last month you say we haven't lost any of our top players from last season, then you follow it up by arguing our league form was better without Isma & Newton and again you state that no-one would regard Dummett as one of our top players, I regard this as saying they won't be a huge loss and like I said arguing that isn't what you meant was prevarication .

Edited by Bud the Baker

This thread's f**king boring as f**k now. It's just collapsed into a petty argument that no-one else is really that interested in.

Close it Div!!! Yawn!

On the contrary, it's clarified where people stand.

The OP jumped right in when there was no substance to the so called story.

Many others followed suit.

It's developed into a chance for people to state where they see the managers ability to see St Mirren football club make progress from the best position we have ever achieved in the SPL and won a national trophy.

Seems an easy decision.

Sometimes one has to change the goalposts for the sake of convenience.

When I was a young whipper snapper me and fellow whipper snappers would regularly change the goalposts in relation to the weather. I shall explain

Season Goalposts

Summer T-shirts or light jerkins

Autumn Jackets or jumpers

Winter Jackets

Spring See Autumn

Of course environmental factors do not stop at just the weather. Bins, lamp posts and even bicycles have been used.

One of our peers was a disabled child who walked with sticks (they were called spastics in those days, I never liked that word) and I even recall young David (that was his name) sitting helplessly at the side of the park watching whilst we utilised his wooden crutches as goalposts. Even this slightly cruel type of goalpost was subject to environmental factors as in winter the ground could be too hard to push the crutches into the ground and also the ground could be too cold for David to sit on whilst he watched us.

Sometimes goalposts just have to change!

Sometimes one has to change the goalposts for the sake of convenience.

When I was a young whipper snapper me and fellow whipper snappers would regularly change the goalposts in relation to the weather. I shall explain

Season Goalposts

Summer T-shirts or light jerkins

Autumn Jackets or jumpers

Winter Jackets

Spring See Autumn

Of course environmental factors do not stop at just the weather. Bins, lamp posts and even bicycles have been used.

One of our peers was a disabled child who walked with sticks (they were called spastics in those days, I never liked that word) and I even recall young David (that was his name) sitting helplessly at the side of the park watching whilst we utilised his wooden crutches as goalposts. Even this slightly cruel type of goalpost was subject to environmental factors as in winter the ground could be too hard to push the crutches into the ground and also the ground could be too cold for David to sit on whilst he watched us.

Sometimes goalposts just have to change!

Such a well thought out post is hard to disagree with, so I wont Tom.

Well done.

On the contrary, it's clarified where people stand.

The OP jumped right in when there was no substance to the so called story.

Many others followed suit.

It's developed into a chance for people to state where they see the managers ability to see St Mirren football club make progress from the best position we have ever achieved in the SPL and won a national trophy.

Seems an easy decision.

You are wrong my fellow forum nuisance, wrong indeed.

I cannot be wrong when I assert that such negative press stories (that are extremely repetitive) annoy me to a great extent. As I am the person experiencing the annoyance then I am of course the only person duly qualified to assert that annoyance has indeed been experienced. Your assertion that I am wrong is an assertion that you are unqualified to make and as such I assert that you have been slightly stupid in making your assertion.

When asserting I assert that you assert with more thought or I assert that you are probably best not asserting at all.

Edited by TediousTom

You are wrong my fellow forum nuisance, wrong indeed.

I cannot be wrong when I assert that such negative press stories (that are extremely repetitive) annoy me to a great extent. As I am the person experiencing the annoyance then I am of course the only person duly qualified to assert that annoyance has indeed been experienced. Your assertion that I am wrong is an assertion that you are unqualified to make and as such I assert that you have been slightly stupid in making your assertion.

When asserting I assert that you assert with more thought or I assert that you are probably best not asserting at all.

To shorten that by some way, you admit you pissed your old pants.

Thanks.

That's my assertion.

PS You do post far too many long winded posts, you don't have long to go, might be better off taking up another pursuit, short term obviously.

Edited by faraway saint

A pretty disgraceful defeat by any measure. It would appear the players on the fringes of our squad aren't up to it after all.

Dundee are now 14 points behind us. IF they continue their new manager bounce and win 3 of their next 4, they could be 5 points behind us at the split.

Over? Not yet.

I'm actually not generally negative about most things, i'm realistic but not negative. Indeed, when there were several on here predicting doom during Dundees death rattle i was one of the few voices of optimism.

If you had read what i said i posted that the reaction during Dundees death rattle. By your reckoning a pre season wobble is the same as a post split wobble? snore.gif They could have caught us with 9 games to go, they realistically couldn't have with 5 games to go. Simple.

I guess it's all depends what you mean by Dundee's death rattle, and I gave you the benefit of the doubt on that occasion, but it's quite clear you were one of those panicking back in March. Qualifying a vague statement which you did later on in the Gary Harkins thread doesn't make the original post correct - it just highlights it was vague.

If having a reasonable memory and being able to use the search function is creepy then I guess I am.

To shorten that by some way, you admit you pissed your old pants.

Thanks.

That's my assertion.

I assert that you are now making things up.

People who have lost arguments and debates often resort to the "making up of facts". In this instance you have "made up a fact".

Going back to my days of being a young whipper snapper even the teachers would skelp you round the lug (strike one forcefully around the area of the ear, either left or right) for blatantly making up such a fact whilst informing you via the medium of shouting "you are not big and not clever".

Consider yourself a beaten forum user and move on to the next forum topic. Such variety of debate based on fact and factual observation strives to keep the forum an interesting and worthwhile place.

I assert that you are now making things up.

People who have lost arguments and debates often resort to the "making up of facts". In this instance you have "made up a fact".

Going back to my days of being a young whipper snapper even the teachers would skelp you round the lug (strike one forcefully around the area of the ear, either left or right) for blatantly making up such a fact whilst informing you via the medium of shouting "you are not big and not clever".

Consider yourself a beaten forum user and move on to the next forum topic. Such variety of debate based on fact and factual observation strives to keep the forum an interesting and worthwhile place.

I suggest you change your user name.............................

Maybe Stuart?

The first part needs no alteration. bye1.gif

Ah yes, the maintstream news media, don't you just love it.

A further illustration - if it were needed - that they can manipulate, twist, misinterpret, and spin any story/interview, and present it in whatever context they choose came with a brief snippet in the Radio Shortbread sports bulleting yesterday regarding Andy Murray's Wimbledon progress.

The report quoted him as saying that he had dismissed the suggestion that the Verdasco match had served as a warning to him. That was the sum and total of the piece. Arrogant arsehole, I hear you shout. Well, not quite....

I'd watched his post-match interview, and he was quite clear that the match was not a warning, as he would never be complacent about meeting other top class players. In other words, he didn't need a warning, so the match hadn't come as such.

I was genuinely annoyed on his behalf at the manner in which the report had given the impression that he was almost dismissive of Verdasco (and others) when the reverse is the case.

Journalists are like solicitors and politicians - don't trust them as far as you can launch them.

Edited by Drew

I suggest you change your user name.............................

Maybe Stuart?

The first part needs no alteration. bye1.gif

Having given this thread another quick read it is unfortunate to note that you have not actually contributed to the rich and lively discussion/debate that has graced the preceding pages but somewhat dampened the quality with your meaningless diatribe only designed to insult or humiliate your fellow forum user's. A dramatic change in your posting style is evident over the past calendar month whereby it has deteriorated to meaningless nonsense. Obviously some life event has occurred that has caused this sea change In posting quality but I would not presume as to what that could be, merely point out your collapse in quality for your own good and the good of the forum.

I am afraid I must inform you that having once regarded you as a forum member who regularly made valuable contributions I now find you to be a fellow who utters complete gibberish.

You should take note of the fine post made by Drew above. A fine point that just invites intelligible conversation.

Must do better....to briefly lower myself to your level may I suggest that you also change your forum name to NotFarawayEnoughSaint.

Anyway, back to Drew's point.

I think you are entirely right. It is just a shame that our Mr Lennon is so bland in his interview's as this is probably why journalists are having to stretch the truth or even speculate in order to get a story from him. Not that I am excusing the journalists but merely pointing out that our Mr Lennon maybe needs to adopt a more direct approach when addressing the media.

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=24752

An update from Danny's Diary. He isn't ruling out bring in more players but he actually says we have good competition for left back and striker positions. The two players mentioned for left back are Sean Kelly and David Barron. I for one wouldn't be comfortable going into a season with Barron as first pick left back,nor would it be wise to put all the pressure on Kelly or Yaqub. In terms of Strikers, he states the fact Guy has just left but apparently we still have good competition for this role? Parkin, Guy and Smith are all gone so now we rely on Reilly and Thompson? Unless I'm wrong I can't think of another player (maybe Brady?) who could come in and play at the level we need him to? I'm aware this is press talk but still, I'd rather see us sorting things out sooner rather than later!