Danny Says No More Signings

Parkin, Carey, Adam, Imrie, guy, all were our players now if we can't replace them or had to pay them off then what were we doing? They are all first team players and if we paid them off then we should have kept them if we now can't replace them.

Every one of them was a FRINGE 1st team player. Stop milking it.

Had you considered that if we can't afford to replace them then obviously we couldn't afford to keep them either?

On the other hand if we CAN afford to replace them then we will do so.

You are either knicker wetting at the start of f**king July or you don't understand arithmetic.

Either way "gie us peace".

Every one of them was a FRINGE 1st team player. Stop milking it.

Had you considered that if we can't afford to replace them then obviously we couldn't afford to keep them either?

On the other hand if we CAN afford to replace them then we will do so.

You are either knicker wetting at the start of f**king July or you don't understand arithmetic.

Either way "gie us peace".

Aye, knickerwetters..........

GIE'S PEACE !! bye1.gif

Whats the point in letting guys like Imrie, Guy, Carey and Parkin go if we just plan to replace them with guys of similar quality? Most of us have no idea what quality our young boys are but the guys we have brought through in recent years have turned out to be better than guys we could have signed elsewhere.

Fans are always moaning to give youth a chance, well the time has come, who knows? We might have a wee guy there who is going to step up and be worth a gazillion quid.

After all my exclusives on here and growing rep I thought I would put you're minds at rest. There will be at least two new faces coming in shortly,things are bubbling away nicely do sit tight for now and when I do disclose names (to those who I haven't already sent a PM to) stay "tight lipped"

If we do not strengthen then we are in for one horrible season . Should thompsons goals dry up or worse he gets injured are we really going to go with Reilly and a kid. The team has no debt yes budgets are tight but we won a cup and had some good revenue made last year that we did not budget for. Please tell me this is nonsense and that we will be seeing a few come in? If not forget your extra season tickets and stuff cos I'm struggling to get up for this season coming never mind your casual punter. Kilmarnock signed Samson and reguro two number ones we sign two kids , caley and Ross county have strengthened , Aberdeen have added well and will be ten times better under Derek Mc. Harkins great but please we're grubbed with this wafer thin squad

Waiting to see what's on offer before you commit to buying your usual season ticket?

It may only be subtle difference, but I think you are more of a "follower" than a "supporter".

Waiting to see what's on offer before you commit to buying your usual season ticket?

It may only be subtle difference, but I think you are more of a "follower" than a "supporter".

its these 2-3000 "followers" we need to convince to get down and spend their money, diehards are the back bone , but for us to suceed we need more bums on seats,I know at least 6 people waiting to see if we get more players in , the kids don t convince them that our season will not be another relegation battle

I'm genuinely stunned that people will hold off from buying a ST purely on the basis of who the club signs (or doesn't sign).

Their prerogative, I suppose, but it seems a very odd rationale.

I suppose it depends on the situation of the person ...

I travel from Perth for every home game, and I honestly don't think I would have renewed my season ticket if Gus hadn't got the boot a few years ago. All that travelling to watch the horrible stuff we were serving up was hard to take - but, it didn't mean I cared less for the team or club.

I've renewed this year again, as I think we'll do okay this season again - but, I can totally understand if people are holding back if they think what might be on offer isn't worth the expense.

I'm genuinely stunned that people will hold off from buying a ST purely on the basis of who the club signs (or doesn't sign).

Their prerogative, I suppose, but it seems a very odd rationale.

Spot on. The more season tickets we can sell, the more budget Danny will be given to spend.

Those choosing not to buy because of the lack of signings are actually one of the root causes why we can't sign many players.

Egg. Chicken.

then maybe we have to speculate to accumulate , as the saying goes , and if the club are short of money , which they should not as the budget last never included the cup run,then they should take up SMISA offer to buy non issued shares

then maybe we have to speculate to accumulate , as the saying goes , and if the club are short of money , which they should not as the budget last never included the cup run,then they should take up SMISA offer to buy non issued shares

We will never, and should never speculate to accumulate - people are moaning the loss of Isma, Dummett, Newton and Carey - but we never got any bigger crowds last season when we had them in the team - i doubt even if we had spent 500k on isma that it would sell more than 20 extra season tickets.

Spot on. The more season tickets we can sell, the more budget Danny will be given to spend.

Those choosing not to buy because of the lack of signings are actually one of the root causes why we can't sign many players.

Egg. Chicken.

Don't get me wrong, I gave up my ST a good few years ago, but I would never have let my perception of the number of players (or their calibre) influence my decision to renew. Similarly, this isn't a factor in my decision not to have a ST now.

I suppose it depends on the situation of the person ...

I travel from Perth for every home game, and I honestly don't think I would have renewed my season ticket if Gus hadn't got the boot a few years ago. All that travelling to watch the horrible stuff we were serving up was hard to take - but, it didn't mean I cared less for the team or club.

I've renewed this year again, as I think we'll do okay this season again - but, I can totally understand if people are holding back if they think what might be on offer isn't worth the expense.

I would have thought this might apply to pay at the gate punters, but ST holders/prospective ST holders?

You'd need to have a crystal ball to gauge how well we are likely to fare over the course of a season regardless of a couple of signings coming in (or not, as the case may be). Just have a look at the last couple of seasons. Even the most optimistic of supporters would have struggled to predict the impact Thompson has had, while those salivating at the Carey signing might have grounds to be a bit disappointed in how that turned out. Similarly, who, if asked, would have been upset had Teale left last year, yet look at how important he was in the season just passed. There are way too many variables at play.

I genuinely struggle to grasp the notion that people would opt not to buy a ST solely on the grounds of a couple of signings. It also flies in the face of one of the reasons for buying one - ie: to put something in the pot as Div has pointed out.

We need to show more ambition or we are always going to float between 10/11 every season and 11th next season could see us in trouble

If show more ambition = make signings we can't afford, then I'd rather we float between 10/11 every season and still have a club to support in the future.

Why can county and fakes do it on smaller budget than us?? Wouldn't say they had better players than us are we any further forward than under gus I'd say not!

Newsflash: we have had more success than both these teams both short and long term with our strategy.

Bought my ticket June 1st was at 95 percent of all gaemes last year home and away think I'm a supporter mate. If your a follower waiting on the squad taking shape I hardly think you would be excited so far. So many guys on here talk so much crap. Oak soft you really are pathetic trying to bait folk but hey if I'm a knicker wetter great I don't mind. Fact is as it stands without investment we will be facing a long long season

Why can county and fakes do it on smaller budget than us?? Wouldn't say they had better players than us are we any further forward than under gus I'd say not!

I'm sure Mr Brown and Mr McGregor will look on with envy at our shiny League Cup when they visit our Boardroom next season.

Don't get me wrong, I gave up my ST a good few years ago, but I would never have let my perception of the number of players (or their calibre) influence my decision to renew. Similarly, this isn't a factor in my decision not to have a ST now.

what would make you buy a season ticket??