Bt Sport On Virgin Media

Master Yoda

To change your package, phone retentions and threaten to leave, they will then offer you something added, e.g. the package you have just mentioned

Opening line after you confirm your details when you ring them, ' Right , how we going to play this ? are you going to offer me something before I threaten to cancel and save us both some time ? Or do we go through the long winded process , when you will inevitably offer me something to stay ?'

Straight to the point , no messing is win , win. :P

I'll still be on the phone though as I currently pay around £60 per month for XL tv package with a V+ box, and 20mb broadband with old school NTL modem and my own Wi-Fi router.. Their Premiere package offers up to 60mb broadband, super hub router, XL tv with a 500gb Tivo box and a spare standard HD box for another room plus other stuff for something like just over £55 (half price for 6 months) per month. No doubt I'll phone to be told it's just for new customers, like all their feckin offers !

You are right , Buddie. They are simply a shower of cunts. .

I got an email tonight saying its been added to my package for free.(3 channels BT 1/2 & ESPN) yet my package is now down to M+ .

Likewise, their email marketing people are obviously a bit behind.

I don't watch sports channels that often so I'm not fussed.

Edited by Drew

Virgin have agreed a deal to show BT Sport. Hallelujah!

Bonus. Aside from the games, it seems there are one or two decent prog's on there. Watched one last night called 'footballing outposts'. It was basically Tom Watt or 'Lofty' from Eastenders to some, doing a tour of smallish clubs and their grounds, interviewing the fans. Started off at Arbroath then to Forfar before moving down to England, taking in Carlisle, Accrington, Dagenham and Redbridge among others.

Bonus. Aside from the games, it seems there are one or two decent prog's on there. Watched one last night called 'footballing outposts'. It was basically Tom Watt or 'Lofty' from Eastenders to some, doing a tour of smallish clubs and their grounds, interviewing the fans. Started off at Arbroath then to Forfar before moving down to England, taking in Carlisle, Accrington, Dagenham and Redbridge among others.

How come they missed us?

We must be considered a big team!

At last! At last!

I watched the Scottish football "highlights" show on Tuesday and I must admit to being severely underwhelmed. Analyists aside, and they, (Grant and Craigan) were cringeworthy, the programme showed very little football and instead spent most of its allocated time spouting about the woes of the terrible twins from east and west of glasgow.

Don't think I'll be too bothered about missing this if that's indicative of what to expect. bangin.gif

Edited by stlucifer

• 4 months later...

*BUMP*

As I think I mentioned earlier in this thread, I downgraded my Virgin TV package from XL to M+ (their most basic offering), saving myself a good few quid.

I received a call from Virgin yesterday, purporting to be a wee check that I was getting all the benefits I should be from my current package - ie: a sales call.

I was being offered a return to the XL Premium package with all the associated bells and whistles (for that, read spurious drivel), including BT Sports. I explained to the chap on the other end that I had no intention of increasing my monthly bill. He then confirmed that, as I am a loyal customer, blah....blah....blah.... I could get the package at a discounted rate of £65 (unlimited phone and 60Mb broadband retained as now). This would be a saving of approx. £20. 'No thanks' was my response. Ah yes, he ventured, but we'll also give you an additional tenner off this price for 6 months, bringing you to your current monthly bill. This would also prevent me being hit with the imminent £5 increase scheduled to arrive soon.

I checked that I wasn't tied to the XL package after the 6 months tenner off deal, and he confirmed that I wouldn't be (though I'll have to check the small print). So I can return to M+ if I wish.

So, all in all, I get the full XL Premium package with BT Sports (probably shite, though), with unlimited phone and 60Mb broadband for £55 for 6 months (I'll then get back round the negotiating table).

Does that seem like a decent deal? I'm feeling a bit bamboozled now, and have nothing to compare and contrast this with.

In other news, my broadband speed is apparently getting increased to 100Mb within the year (for no extra cost). Which is nice.

Edited by Drew

*BUMP*

As I think I mentioned earlier in this thread, I downgraded my Virgin TV package from XL to M+ (their most basic offering), saving myself a good few quid.

I received a call from Virgin yesterday, purporting to be a wee check that I was getting all the benefits I should be from my current package - ie: a sales call.

I was being offered a return to the XL Premium package with all the associated bells and whistles (for that, read spurious drivel), including BT Sports. I explained to the chap on the other end that I had no intention of increasing my monthly bill. He then confirmed that, as I am a loyal customer, blah....blah....blah.... I could get the package at a discounted rate of £65 (unlimited phone and 60Mb broadband retained as now). This would be a saving of approx. £20. 'No thanks' was my response. Ah yes, he ventured, but we'll also give you an additional tenner off this price for 6 months, bringing you to your current monthly bill. This would also prevent me being hit with the imminent £5 increase scheduled to arrive soon.

I checked that I wasn't tied to the XL package after the 6 months tenner off deal, and he confirmed that I wouldn't be (though I'll have to check the small print). So I can return to M+ if I wish.

So, all in all, I get the full XL Premium package with BT Sports (probably shite, though), with unlimited phone and 60Mb broadband for £55 for 6 months (I'll then get back round the negotiating table).

Does that seem like a decent deal? I'm feeling a bit bamboozled now, and have nothing to compare and contrast this with.

In other news, my broadband speed is apparently getting increased to 100Mb within the year (for no extra cost). Which is nice.

M+ ? XL ? XL Premium ? With and without BT Sports? Introductory offer prices? With or without broadband and phone but only with landline and 48 pages of T&C ?

TBH I just can't be arsed with all the needless confusion.

I know I don't watch TV but is it really too much to ask for a single package and a single price from companies?

It's a well known fact that when you offer tiered services people delay buying.

They don't like to buy the basic package because they are worried about missing out on something so they upgrade and end up feeling resentment at the cost.

Either way you end up with customers feeling crap about buying your product.

That doesn't sound smart to me.

Companies are always making this type of mistake and they never seem to learn.

There's a book about it - "In search of stupdity" or something like that which highlights how this "product tiering" error has cost businesses their leading market position over countless decades.

*BUMP*

Meh. .

BT Sports is a pile of old wank , l got rid of. Oh aye , and nobody actually gets 100mbps. Naw . . they have hud thur fingurs burnt wi' that yin. .

It is mostly wank, unless you like US basketball, swimming etc

Tonight I believe there's Hibs v Aberdeen,,,?

I get 50+ mbs when they GAVE me home hub 5 a couple of months ago, that's even wireless. My Ethernet cable doesn't improve it.

Private Eye had two good cartoons this week relevant to your phone chat, drew....

1. A couple getting mugged at knifepoint and the wife says, "it's nice to have a demand for money that doesn't include a lot of confusing tariffs".

2. A Sky sports telesales worker at his screen, telling his caller, "Not watching the cricket's extra".

:)

Edited by bluto

It is mostly wank, unless you like US basketball, swimming etc

Tonight I believe there's Hibs v Aberdeen,,,?

I get 50+ mbs when they GAVE me home hub 5 a couple of months ago, that's even wireless. My Ethernet cable doesn't improve it.

Private Eye had two good cartoons this week relevant to your phone chat, drew....

1. A couple getting mugged at knifepoint and the wife says, "it's nice to have a demand for money that doesn't include a lot of confusing tariffs".

2. A Sky ports telesales worker at his screen, telling his caller, "Not watching the cricket's extra".

smile.png

Well , l didn't watch the ponsey cricket , and l never got charged extra . Bloody cheek. .mQQTzTB.gif