Left Back

I must also add I still think Grainger has been a good player in previous clubs but of he's not shown it at St Mirren so we can't complain when he doesn't play, that's my point.

Whilst I agree with what you say, I'd qualify it with one wee point...

Grainger played with a team devoid of confidence... in a team with a horrendous defence.. with players around him lacking in effort/motivation/confidence. .. and in a group still under instructions to pass pass pass.

I wonder how young Sean would have performed under the same circumstances?

I also wonder how Danny G would perform with the current team.

Sean is in possession of the jersey and rightly so... but the criticism of a Saints player who has been introduced under extenuating circumstances us pitiful and short sighted.

Why can't we get behind them both?

Grainger played with a team devoid of confidence... in a team with a horrendous defence.. with players around him lacking in effort/motivation/confidence. .. and in a group still under instructions to pass pass pass.

Sean is in possession of the jersey and rightly so... but the criticism of a Saints player who has been introduced under extenuating circumstances us pitiful and short sighted.

I am behind them both as we have now two good left backs . But I don't see your point about it being devoid of confidence as it was down to that 11s making. If anything Kelly's circumstances along with Mair & McGregor but more so Dilo were a lot tougher as they were expected to come in and pick up the pieces as 2 teenagers against an Aberdeen team flying at the time. If anything it was unfair to expect youngsters to deal with that much pressure on their debuts but thankfully they thrived. When you look on our bench and we have the calibre of Grainger and Harkins, 2 recognised SPL players , it all looks well for the future on all fronts at this moment.

Granger looked unfit and frankly a little disinterested. A fully fit and focused Granger would be great, but that's not what we've seen. Don't forget he's coming back from major injury. I think he needs a bit of a run in the U20's to get confidence, fitness and sharpness back

Kelly came into the team against Aberdeen. That team had lost 5 games in a row. Kelly was part of the revival.

Grainger was poor - as were the rest of the team - early in the season. He'll get my support if and when he gets another chance, but I am loving seeing a young player get a run in the team and impressing.

You said what any player does before Saints doesn't count...so again I ask...

How do you decide who to sign?

OK PUTTING IT IN BOLD PREVIOUSLY DIDNT HELP YOU , SO THIS TIME ITS IN CAPITALS.

THE THREAD IS ABOUT YOUNG KELLYS PERFORMANCE & AS I STATED PREVIOUSLY, THIS SEASON KELLY HAS PERFORMED BETTER THAN GRAINGER.

If your still struggling with that statement, i`ll do you some pictures !!

OK PUTTING IT IN BOLD PREVIOUSLY DIDNT HELP YOU , SO THIS TIME ITS IN CAPITALS.

THE THREAD IS ABOUT YOUNG KELLYS PERFORMANCE & AS I STATED PREVIOUSLY, THIS SEASON KELLY HAS PERFORMED BETTER THAN GRAINGER.

If your still struggling with that statement, i`ll do you some pictures !!

OK... I will take the hint... resorting to petty sarcasm shows me that you aren't up to reasoned discussions with adults after all. bye1.gif

• 3 weeks later...