The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tell you what, this Better Together campaign is getting it's arse kicked on this poll.

Indeed.

It will be interesting to see how numbers tally up in the bigger picture when the Yes campaign actually start putting a concerted effort into gaining support for the yes vote.

They'll have to time it perfectly to make sure support peaks in September.

The push will be huge when it finally arrives, as a no vote will all but end any chance of Scotland gaining independence for several generations.

I see a yes vote has drifted out even further to 9/2 with some bookies now, it will be 5/1 before long. A no vote is still 1/7 on.

I bet Salmond wishes his party never won a parliamentary majority, because if he hadn't we wouldn't be having this referendum now. He wanted it in the early 2020's, because he knows he can't win before then. But his hand was forced due to his own parties success in the Scottish Parliament elections in 2010.

He may well have won had he got the timescale he wanted, we will never know. What we do know is he won't win next year and the issue of Scottish independence won't even be on the table for another 25 years or so. Good!

Tell you what, this Better Together campaign is getting it's arse kicked on this poll.

I haven't bothered even looking at the Poll, never mind attempting to vote in it.... with any of my aliases...

As I don't 'live' in Scotland, I assumed I wouldn't be allowed.

I've been on holiday the last 2 weeks and haven't kept to speed on here. Has anyone actually presented a positive case for remaining in the union yet?

I find it funny when unionists accuse yes voters of basing their case on fear. It's kind of like the time John Terry was accused of being a racist and Chelsea tried to combated this by accusing everyone and anyone of being racist.

I've been on holiday the last 2 weeks and haven't kept to speed on here. Has anyone actually presented a positive case for remaining in the union yet?

I find it funny when unionists accuse yes voters of basing their case on fear. It's kind of like the time John Terry was accused of being a racist and Chelsea tried to combated this by accusing everyone and anyone of being racist.

Eh? Who's done that? It would be as strange argument for unionists to make. How would it work? "You're only voting yes cause you are shitting it from the English if you stay in the union" :rolleyes:

The only ones accusing anyone of fear is the Independence movement and its as negative a campaign as you can get.

As i've said already, the better together campaigners aren't selling anything. It's not up to as to make a case. Here's a thought however. A hypothetical thought, as a no vote is a cast iron certainty, but a thought none the less.

If Scotland becomes independent we will continue to use the pound, but we will lose representation in the parliament which regulates the BoE, that sets the base rate of the pound. Basically we will be losing control of our own currency, we will be relying on a government in which we will have no representation looking after our own currency. Is this independence?

If the value of the pound falls, there will be no one we can complain to, because we won't have representation in the parliament which makes vital decisions on how our currency is controlled. Scottish exports and businesses could fail on a matter that's completely out with the control of the Scottish government. Freedom? Anything but.

A yes vote is a vote for taking away Scottish representation on the running and administration of the currency being used. Why would anyone want this? Why do yes campaigners want Scotland to have less fiscal autonomy than it has currently?

This is one of a host of unanswered questions from the yes campaigners. This is one of a host of reasons that they're being humped in every relevant poll. This is one of a host of reasons that next years referendum won't even be close.

65%-35%