The Cricket Thread

shull

See England have added spinner Kerrigan to their squad. Only played one Test last summer against Australia where he went for 53 runs in 8 overs in the first Innings and wasn't used in the second. Cook's comments on his recall have been a bit zen-like.....................

Breaking news - India are accusing James Anderson of misconduct on Day 2 of the First Test! boxing.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

See England have added spinner Kerrigan to their squad. Only played one Test last summer against Australia where he went for 53 runs in 8 overs in the first Innings and wasn't used in the second. Cook's comments on his recall have been a bit zen-like.....................

Breaking news - India are accusing James Anderson of ball tampering in the First Test, mmmmmmm, pass the soor plooms around! shutup.gif

Michael Vaughan certainly isn't impressed.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/cricket/488878/Vaughan-reveals-Kerrigan-fears

Hopefully the tampering accusations will spark some bad blood between to two teams.thumbup2.gif

Hopefully the tampering accusations will spark some bad blood between to two teams.thumbup2.gif

My mistake! The ball tampering incidents were from last year, that's what I get for skimming reports after 4 nights at work. 1eye.gif

It's some verbals and a bit of argy-bargy with Jadeja this time round. Still it'll probably add a little bit of edge to the remaining games! whistling.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Cook suggesting the allegations are to get Anderson banned and thusly out of England's attack.

"It is probably a tactic from India," Cook said. "He is a stalwart of our side and he is an outstanding bowler with a fantastic record.

Asked whether the nub of the incident was India's desire "not to have Anderson in the England team," Cook replied: "Yes, I think so. That's pretty much where this has come from. Hopefully we get the ball swinging and James Anderson will want to let his cricket do the talking.

Both sides unchanged from Trent Bridge.

England win toss and choose to field on a green pitch - if India can get through the first session then given the weather forecast another big score is in the offing. Potentially a long slog for England's bowlers especially with the 4 seamers each having bowled 60 overs in the First Test.

............and as I hit post Anderson takes the first wicket! shutup.gif

Tea: India 140/6 - who said there was a big score in the offing? 1eye.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

What a hilarious collapse lol.gif:

I think they're the worst test side in world cricket. This will be 10 tests without a win, remarkable stuff, Cook should have resigned after the whitewash in Australia, yet he's still there.

From Day 1 I said he would never make a captain but he had the 'right' attributes. His runs gave him the opportunity but he's even forgotten how to get them. I don't know who I'd pick as skipper. Maybe Anderson as a stop-gap. Broad hasn't impressed as a captain. England just don't have many class players around.

Will the England powers that be have the balls have to get rid of Captain Cook and bring Pietersen back and make him captain.

I wouldn't have that selfish git either. I don't think he's a team player but in any event he looks past his best. Too much bad blood for him to come back and he did all that on his own. Not got a clue who could do it so they might have to put up with Cook.

I wouldn't have that selfish git either. I don't think he's a team player but in any event he looks past his best. Too much bad blood for him to come back and he did all that on his own. Not got a clue who could do it so they might have to put up with Cook.

Professional sport isn't a popularity contest and the truth will come out about what happened soon i believe. If you say he's passed his best (and he was England's top scorer in the last Ashes debacle) surely the same would apply to Cook, Bell and Prior. In my humble opinion he's still more than good enough to be playing test cricket and most certainly more than good enough to get into this English team.

They should bring KP back, but they won't. He's burned too many bridges with the blazers at the ECB, he will never play for England again, KP has a warts and all book coming out in September or so which apparently is going to blow English cricket wide open... Should be quite a read.

Prior and Cook need dropped for the next test, probably Bell too, there's really no case not to drop them. Will be interesting to see if the selectors can make those big calls.

They should bring KP back, but they won't. He's burned too many bridges with the blazers at the ECB, he will never play for England again, KP has a warts and all book coming out in September or so which apparently is going to blow English cricket wide open... Should be quite a read.

Prior and Cook need dropped for the next test, probably Bell too, there's really no case not to drop them. Will be interesting to see if the selectors can make those big calls.

We both know the anwser to that TC

Professional sport isn't a popularity contest and the truth will come out about what happened soon i believe. If you say he's passed his best (and he was England's top scorer in the last Ashes debacle) surely the same would apply to Cook, Bell and Prior. In my humble opinion he's still more than good enough to be playing test cricket and most certainly more than good enough to get into this English team.

I didn't say he wasn't good enough. He's not the player he was a few years back but he's a divisive character. If he was still at the top of his game he might get back but he has a lot of previous in the dressing room and fighting with management. I think he's burned his boats. Wonder why Andrew Strauss called him a c**t last week? Must have had a reason.

I didn't say he wasn't good enough. He's not the player he was a few years back but he's a divisive character. If he was still at the top of his game he might get back but he has a lot of previous in the dressing room and fighting with management. I think he's burned his boats. Wonder why Andrew Strauss called him a c**t last week? Must have had a reason.

It's obvious that he'll never be asked back as he upsets the cosy little Oxbridge club at the top of the game. Strauss called him a c*** last week because Pietersen (amongst other things no doubt) slagged Strauss off when texting his South African buddies in the middle of a test a couple of years ago.

It's obvious that he'll never be asked back as he upsets the cosy little Oxbridge club at the top of the game. Strauss called him a c*** last week because Pietersen (amongst other things no doubt) slagged Strauss off when texting his South African buddies in the middle of a test a couple of years ago.

The Oxbridge thing definitely has some truth in it. That was what I was referring to with Cookie's 'right' qualifications. Don't think he went to Uni but was at private school so he was near enough the type they like. I know why Pietersen and Strauss fell out but why last week would that come up again? I assumed it was something new. Piers Morgan keeps on about it but he's another objectionable prat.

Will the England powers that be have the balls have to get rid of Captain Cook and bring Pietersen back and make him captain.

I had a discussion about this with two Australians when I was on holiday.

My knowledge of English cricket is far from encyclopaedic, but there really aren't any obvious candidates to replace Cook.

Pietersen may well be the best of a bad bunch.

Whoever it is, along with the management, needs to install discipline into the batting and make sure that both Anderson and Broad bowl a longer length.

They also need to unearth a decent spin bowler.

Edited by FTOF