The Cricket Thread

shull

The World Cup has begun.

Scotland lost by 3 wickets to New Zealand.

Do they play in aw black, like their rugby team?

Scotland lost four wickets to the first ball. Thats highly unusual. The ball was swinging miles at the start of their innings though, and NZ are a really decent one day side right now. With a bit of luck they could win the thing.

Ireland were brilliant against the West Indies. They've really got their cricket system over there spot on and seem to have got over the "its for posh English bastards" mentality at long last. Hope Scotland can follow suit, but it wont be in the current political climate with a bunch of raging ethnic nationalist scum whipping up the clowns.

Ireland were brilliant against the West Indies. They've really got their cricket system over there spot on and seem to have got over the "its for posh English bastards" mentality at long last. Hope Scotland can follow suit, but it wont be in the current political climate with a bunch of raging ethnic nationalist scum whipping up the clowns.

Agree about Ireland's attitude. A close friend of mine is from a village which is virtually 100% RC and Nationalist but everybody is proud of their local cricket team. Even a mass murder by murdering loyalists didn't change the attitude.

Agree about Ireland's attitude. A close friend of mine is from a village which is virtually 100% RC and Nationalist but everybody is proud of their local cricket team. Even a mass murder by murdering loyalists didn't change the attitude.

Theres been a fair change in attitude towards the game in general in recent times, the y have some good players coming through and their general set up is pretty good from top to bottom. Hopefully they have a good world cup and can get themselves onto the test circuit eventually as that would be brilliant for them.Hope Scotland can get to this stage as well, they are slowly getting there, but it might just take a randomly decent crop of players appearing altogether to get them there.

Are you sure you mean EIGHT wickets? Had a pint with a mate of mine last night who was contemplating placing a few quid on England to win. Don't know if he did. Incidentally, his name is John Peel. Both his father and brother were called Ken. You could write a song about it.

Are you sure you mean EIGHT wickets? Had a pint with a mate of mine last night who was contemplating placing a few quid on England to win. Don't know if he did. Incidentally, his name is John Peel. Both his father and brother were called Ken. You could write a song about it.

Ah ken.

If England play like they did tonight v Scotland we will hammer them.

NZ could win this

Maybe just a hint of antipodean bias? As Scotland, England or Ireland won't win it, good luck to you. I hope you stuff the Aussies. And I hope you're right about Scotland hammering England. But Ah hae ma doots.

The World Cup has begun.

Scotland lost by 3 wickets to New Zealand.

Do they play in aw black, like their rugby team?

They are known as the black caps. They used to play in beige!

Black Caps-.Cricket ,All Blacks-Rugby, All Whites-Football, Tall Blacks- Basketball. lol.gif

Edited by madmitch

Not enough strong teams for the tournament to be interesting at this stage, I'll look in once we get to the Q-F's.

Gutted, but not particularly surprised, to see my team the West Indies suffer the early upset.

I know I said I wouldn't but Chris "The Galeforce" Gayle's slamtastic 215 yesterday got me watching and looking at the tables...........

Scotland play Afghanistan tonight in Pool A, probably our best chance of a victory. A possible shock might be England after Bangladesh getting a weather induced tie against Australia lifting them to third place in the table. Big match could be March 9 Bangers vs England................

Meanwhile in Pool B Ireland are losing to the UAE & two victories have pulled the Windies back into contention for the knockout stages.

Erm, Ireland win by 2 wickets! 1eye.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker