Aberdeen V St Mirren Top League 14/12/13

shull

Just in from Aberdeen. Two shocking goals to lose, MacAusland and keeper can be blamed to a certain extent for both goals. It was not a day for football, but Aberdeen adapted much better and also showed a desire to win that St Mirren never showed, sad to travel so far to see this sort of application by our team.

I take it you mean Cheesy for the first & Kello for second and not both at fault for BOTH goals ?

Basic error by Cheesy for the first as he should have cleared his lines. Wind was horrendous up there so i've got some sympathy for him tbh.

Midfield didn't get into it at all yesterday bar the start of the second half. This meant Dons had easy possession and plenty of time to make their passes. Didn't get enough support up to Thommo and looked like we set our stall for a draw and once we went behind we had no plan B

I had to check if I was imagining that Isabella was trolling me, 60% of his last 20 posts are, and I'm really shocked, all aimed at/mention me. 1eye.gif

Me happy that he's as obsessed with me as Shull is with Celtic. whistling.gif

Back on topic, looking at the goals again, even more painful than seeing them at the game. It's schoolboy stuff for the first and the second.

No need for a witch hunt, just hope it doesn't have an effect on the players next week as Motherwell have a threat up front and will cash in.

We had started the 2nd half better, although really didn't look like scoring.

Long trip home after losing the game like that.

I admit it.

Obsessed also with Blue Vermin ( deceased ), The Newcunto F.C., Milky Coffee out of Boyds Cafe in Cardonald, Fruit Scones out of Greggs, Mince and Tatties plus lots more.

Mad mental aboot St Mirren F.C. tae clap.gif

Guest somner9

Cheesy should have been subbed at half-time, he wasn't coping with the weather. he should have been blutering it to clear his lines, not trying to second guess the gale howling in off the north sea.

Guest somner9

The simple fact is that Aberdeen and Dundee United have better players than us. Particularly Dundee United.

Setting out to go to Tannadice with more attackers is suicide.

We need to keep the midfield packed, avoid passing the ball in our own half or in midfield, get the ball forward as quickly and often as possible and get men forward at that point to put pressure on United.

Putting Harkins in for McGinn would be a joke.

So we just let Aberdeen or Utd beat us then???

Is it just me that sees Bella's plan as phsyically impossibe to implement?

"avoid passing the ball in our own half or in midfield, get the ball forward as quickly and often as possible and get men forward at that point to put pressure on United."

if we don't pass the ball in two-thirds of the field, you are suggesting Cheesy and Mcgregor just punt it forward to Thommo for 90+mins..?

Hmmm... i think any sunday league coach would be able to counter that by doing the opposite of what you say. If you don't pass in your own half and midfield you are then giving the likes of Utd 90% possesion to feckin rout us with...

Are you Angus in disguise?

We need to keep the midfield packed, avoid passing the ball in our own half or in midfield, get the ball forward as quickly and often as possible and get men forward at that point to put pressure on United.

Jesus what a depressing view of football.

Straight out of the dark ages.

I'd rather our team lost 10-0 at Utd playing Danny's way than getting a 0-0 shitey draw using your ancient methods.

Didn't we have enough years of this pish under other managers?