So Farewell Margo Macdonald

Guest TPAFKATS

I didn't know she had died until I came on here , despite listening to the news on the radio a couple of times today..

Indeed , always worthy of a listen and certainly seemed to talk sense . I was listening to her on the radio just last week about her campaign for women. Shocker that , Shull didn't open the thread and even more shocking that she has gone. .

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/margo-macdonald-msp-dies-aged-70-1-3365602

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-26854930

She'll be missed, she was that rarest of things, an honest politician. Just wish she had lived to see the referendum - no matter the outcome, she was one of the main reasons it's even happening.

Well said!

May she rest in peace.

She'll be missed, she was that rarest of things, an honest politician. Just wish she had lived to see the referendum - no matter the outcome, she was one of the main reasons it's even happening.

Agreed, sad loss and a true Scottish politician that only wanted to do what was best for the people of Scotland. She had no interest in Westminster after Scotland was given it's own powers.

RIP

A firebrand of a politician, and a stalwart in Scottish politics. No matter your political persuasion she was always worth listening too. And the same goes for her husband too.

Much prefer her ilk to the careerist, sneering muppets that masquerade as modern politicians any day of the week. And that includes the likes of Lamont.

Sad to hear of her passing.

Went to a YES Renfrew public meeting at Renfrew Town hall on Thursday night, mainly because Jim Sillars was a speaker. I arrived 10 mins late, and missed any announcement, so did not understand why he never turned up. I understand now.

Great meeting BTW and VERY informative.

Not often you feel a sense of sadness when a politician dies, but yesterday I was a tad moved when I was watching the tributes to her on TV.

Old Bernard P on STV was particularly sincere.

Not often you feel a sense of sadness when a politician dies, but yesterday I was a tad moved when I was watching the tributes to her on TV.

Old Bernard P on STV was particularly sincere.

Indeed , found it a bit of a shock to be honest as I didn't know she had died until I came on here and l must say that I also found the tributes moving as it would certainly appear , she was very popular throughout politics no matter which party you belonged to , or even if you were only a political journalist. .