A Lot Of Rebuilding To Do!

At the same time managers with similar budgets are making good, effective signings (Taylor to Partick, Iwelumo to St J).

I'm in no way supporting DL, as I believe most of his signings this season have been poor.

However, Iwelumo has spent all of his time on the subs bench and has yet to score. Taylor played on Saturday as if he couldn't give a f**k and hasn't scored in the last six games.

I would like to see us sign a striker that can link up with the Hawk , strikers hunt best in two,s and its a pleasure watching two quality strikers work together , so for starters we need to sign two young fast strikers . Then we could do with two strong solid no nonsense defenders , Would choose McLean ahead of McGowan , and would probably look to sign a hard working ball winning midfielder and an experienced keeper . Add that to the players under contract and we,have a decent squad for next seasson

I agree with the other guys who query how much, Me and my pall Dickson, And not forgetting our, Bluto,Can dictate what can and can't happen. We've seen posts here regularly from those of us who claim to have insider knowledge or know someone who really knows what's going on. And how often do we hear that unionist twats of a similar stature to ours can offer our usual diatribe ? That's hardly any fault of mine, My failing to understand the situation because they have a vote, And I don't ? . I think Better Together had little choice but to take a few chances with some of the spackers on this Forum because they was under pressure. We've seen the reaction from sections of our United Kingdom, but there's nothing new in some of our Unionist, Bigoted campaign methods ? simply because. Cammeron & Clegg have made mistakes but so far as Policy's are concerned his hands have been tied. ?

Was that really You pRick ? punk.gif

I'm in no way supporting DL, as I believe most of his signings this season have been poor.

However, Iwelumo has spent all of his time on the subs bench and has yet to score. Taylor played on Saturday as if he couldn't give a f**k and hasn't scored in the last six

games.

Fair point, but I think he's a better signing than Macgennis. He might not have scored in a while but you can't deny Taylor has been a shrewd signing for Thistle.

Not sure I buy this. Appreciate what you are saying re: the budget DL has had available but his approach and handling of signings has been quite frankly embarrassing;

He proclaims that Bahoken is "the one we have been waiting for". In reality the guy was rank. What did we see before we signed him, a 20sec YouTube clip?

He openly pursues Campbell for over a year and talks him up at every opportunity. He then signs, scores a few goals and then he gets left on the bench for weeks on end getting splinters in his arse whilst the team continue to lose!

He signs a clearly unfit Djemba Djemba, states that he is "possibly the biggest signing in our history" and then benches him after a couple of games (meaning he can't get match fit).

At the same time managers with similar budgets are making good, effective signings (Taylor to Partick, Iwelumo to St J).

You couldn't make it up!

I have to agree about Bahoken. A disaster. But is the 20 second video clip story true? And did the Board have anything to say? Did they approve without asking questions. The Campbell position does seem strange. If anything a lot of managers err the other way ie. they keep playing guys rather than lose face. Seems to me Campbell has been neither a success nor a failure. Yet.

Djemba Djemba is an absolute mystery but I can't believe that there wasn't a lot of discussion before he came. If the board asked questions and then gave Danny the go-ahead, I don't know whether to applaud them or curse them.

I think the truth is we're broke and are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Not being in debt is great but with costs nowadays it means almost damn all is available for new signings hence we lose out time and again to clubs of more or less the same stature as ours. How they manage, I don't know.

Agree with most of this but I reckon Teale has another good season in him and I would keep Goodwin although not play him every week. I would also keep Mcgregor but we need to sign another CB, keep Mcgowan and Kello unless their wage demands are unreasonable. Keep Newton if we can get him on a free.

The most important ones to keep are Mclean and Mcginn, we could build a good team around them. We should play those 2 in the middle and have Teale and Wylde wide (assuming they can play consistantly close to what they're capable off) with Thompson up front and Mcgowan/Harkins playing off him or sign someone better.

Keep the two young full backs and sign a CB (possibly 2).

Not a bad team and a lot of young players, a half decent manager should be able to fight for top 6 with this team.

My reason for releasing Goodwin isn't ability as I think he still has a season or so left at our current level but due to him being a marked man by referees. thumbdown.gif

Fair point, but I think he's a better signing than Macgennis. He might not have scored in a while but you can't deny Taylor has been a shrewd signing for Thistle.

Even though Magennis was pretty honking when he came on the park on Saturday, he actually caused more problems for the Well defence.

He's not very good at winning headers, struggles to retain the ball and doesn't seem blessed with goals, but strangely enough he has nuisance value, as he has a physical presence and has a wee bit of pace.

Taylor certainly started off well and is a signing that I think might have gelled with Thommo,or at least provided a back up scoring option.

However, what we really need is for our midfielders and defenders to start sticking the ball in the opposition's net.

Even though Magennis was pretty honking when he came on the park on Saturday, he actually caused more problems for the Well defence.

He's not very good at winning headers, struggles to retain the ball and doesn't seem blessed with goals, but strangely enough he has nuisance value, as he has a physical presence and has a wee bit of pace.

Taylor certainly started off well and is a signing that I think might have gelled with Thommo,or at least provided a back up scoring option.

However, what we really need is for our midfielders and defenders to start sticking the ball in the opposition's net.

I would thought that McGregor would have chipped in with a few

Considering he gets his head on most of our corners

Maybe his luck will change