World Cup 2014

andyswann2007

I agree Neymar overreacts but he was kicked/clattered on about 80% of the times he received the ball.

The focus on the overreaction and ignoring the cynical tackles is a common trait.

I watched very closely, he was obviously targeted and while the majority of tackles were hard some were just brutal.

As for throwing himself to the ground, while traveling at full speed it takes very little to throw you off balance.

And that's the excuse they use for Gareth Bale all the time. Funny we don't see Messi doing the same.

Yes, by all means clamp down hard on the rough tactics (and Neymar is no angel when it comes to those) but sort out the actors as well.

Edited by saint in exile

And that's the excuse they use for Gareth Bale the time. Funny we don't see Messi doing the same.

Yes, by all means clamp down hard on the rough tactics (and Neymar is no angel when it comes to those) but sort out the actors as well.

I'm NOT defending players who overreact, I'm simply pointing out people focus on these players, often without really watching the game. (© Shull)

It's very simplistic to concentrate on these players, and to harp on about them all the time while the "thuggery" goes unnoticed.

Also the superb skills that are on show in this world cup are overlooked.

Just my view. wink.png

I'm NOT defending players who overreact, I'm simply pointing out people focus on these players, often without really watching the game. (© Shull)

It's very simplistic to concentrate on these players, and to harp on about them all the time while the "thuggery" goes unnoticed.

Also the superb skills that are on show in this world cup are overlooked.

Just my view. wink.png

I do watch the game closely and see my fair share of 'thugs', some of whom are no better than the wee neds we see all too often after a night on the town. But there are dirty tackles and there are hard tackles. The latter are not illegal, or unfair, but the divers in the game are going to have ANY form of contact removed from the game. I love to see a skillful player dancing through the opposition, but I can equally applaud a robust challenge. It's a man's game.

Just my opinion.whistling.gif

Edited by saint in exile

Good luck to the British team tonight.

COME ON ENGLAND !

Also i wish no happiness or glory tonight for that cheating diving scumbag Suarez.

f**kEM !

aye fùck them, I watched the england v Italy game in an italian club last week on an open air big screen, the atmosphere was excellent, not an ignorant, arrogant bad loser england fan in site.

Mon the Uruguay, I love it how the english press conspire to fùck up england at every tournament, they always implode, wayne rooneys getting it this time. boxing.gif