Thommo Is Our New Captain

The captain's meant to be the shop steward who represents the players interests to the BoD and the management team. Would have been a bit odd if our captain was also part of the management team.

This. Don't see how big Jim could have continued as Captain now that he's part of the management team.

Probably quite a canny move too. Some of the discussion on Sportsound (I know, I know) was around whether Teale and Goodwin being made coaches would be seen as a slap in the mush for Thommo who lots of folk have expected to go into management, maybe even with St Mirren. This appointment means everyone wins.

Though Thompson will be Captain , I,m sure there will be experienced players in other parts of the pitch offering leadership and encouragement , there's a decent budget available , let's hope the new team in place ,have decent enough contacts to get it right

Lets hope so Griff, let us hope so indeed!

I am suddenly really excitied about the season ahead, really I am. JIm Goodwin and Gary Teale will command the respect of fellow professional's (and righty so), Thommo commands the respect of everyone and anyone and wee Tommy will sit atop his footballing castle making the decisions like a chess master.

Despite the childish murmur's of the less experienced Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co supporter's on this very forum I cannot see anything but improvement in our situation.

Mark my word's fellow follower's of Buddism, mark them now and place them into the great Buddism book as a prophecy. The Tommy Craig era WILL be a success and when it ends through Tommy's retirement (many years from now) we will celebrate Tommy as a true legend who found Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co a club of mediocrity, bricks and mortar and left it a palace of success, marble and silverware.

Obviously I would never put too much pressure on a manager with such a weight of expectation so early on in his reign so I will resist the urge to state that in an SPFL top division league thingmie without Hearts, Hibs (likely) and this new club Sevco, Tommy will be a real driving force in Scottish football and we mere mortals will be priveliged to enjoy it.

The Hawk will look back on his career and bookark the time he was "Tommy's captain" as the best time of his career, closely followed by meeting me (at some point, I will make sure of it) and winning that league cup and playing for Scotland and scoring for Scotland and other stuff.

With the right men in the right job's the God's themselves wouldnt dare us to fail!

I'm not particularly excited about the season ahead, but equally I am not shitting my pants about an untried new manager having to start at square one by learning the names of the players, staff, and directors at the club.

Have renewed my ST, just waiting on my car park pass and awp coming through with my last-minute order for anti-migrane home kit Raybans.

I am suddenly really excitied about the season ahead, really I am. JIm Goodwin and Gary Teale will command the respect of fellow professional's (and righty so), Thommo commands the respect of everyone and anyone and wee Tommy will sit atop his footballing castle making the decisions like a chess master.

Despite the childish murmur's of the less experienced Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co supporter's on this very forum I cannot see anything but improvement in our situation.

Mark my word's fellow follower's of Buddism, mark them now and place them into the great Buddism book as a prophecy. The Tommy Craig era WILL be a success and when it ends through Tommy's retirement (many years from now) we will celebrate Tommy as a true legend who found Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co a club of mediocrity, bricks and mortar and left it a palace of success, marble and silverware.

Obviously I would never put too much pressure on a manager with such a weight of expectation so early on in his reign so I will resist the urge to state that in an SPFL top division league thingmie without Hearts, Hibs (likely) and this new club Sevco, Tommy will be a real driving force in Scottish football and we mere mortals will be priveliged to enjoy it.

The Hawk will look back on his career and bookark the time he was "Tommy's captain" as the best time of his career, closely followed by meeting me (at some point, I will make sure of it) and winning that league cup and playing for Scotland and scoring for Scotland and other stuff.

With the right men in the right job's the God's themselves wouldnt dare us to fail!

I am also excited about what lies ahead but that was just to far.

Brilliant!

Thank you mystic Meg

Brilliant!

Not quite the word I would use. The first and last letters? Yes But I would replace the rest with l,u,s,l,h,i.

But in a less random manner! lol.gif

Edited by stlucifer

Inspirational, and I hope to whatever God you pray to that you're right. Or the B&W vultures will descend upon you

It's one thing to have players sign for the club.

It's another to have a player who wants to play for our (his) club.

Puts a smile on the face reading stories like that.

Edited by whydowebother