Honour Killings In Thye Muslum World

I wondered when you were going to drag your massive intellect into the debate.

Please share with us your unique insight into the affair.

snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

Just because I can't be arsed, don't use your usual "I'm better than you because I type lots of words", ya fanny. lol.gif

PS Kendo, told you............................

Edited by faraway saint

snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

Just because I can't be arsed, don't use your usual "I'm better than you because I type lots of words", ya fanny. lol.gif

PS Kendo told you............................

I'm in stitches lol.gif

Whit about you Boss ? bye1.gif

Who said I was a pacifist?

I believe in non-violence. Quite a different matter.

You should read into it.

As for what to do about it?

Pakistan authorities appear to be trying to deal with a deep rooted cultural problem in which case we should leave them to it.

Otherwise there are MANY things you can do which don't require physical violence.

For example, imaginewhen Blair and Bush happily announced war on Iraq, with no small amount of cock waving. Illegally too as it happened.

Now imagine that instead of simply "following orders" troops in both US and UK decided "Hell no we won't illegally invade another country" and simply refused to go. What would either government have been able to do? Replace two entire armies?

The power of non violent protest is seriously underestimated - usually by men who seem to feel their manhood is under question on a daily basis.

The second world war is another case in point.

If the Germans had won the war and invaded they'd have had huge problems subduing our country.

Non-violent actions could have sabotaged virtually everything they did making the country ungovernable.

Non of this could be described as pacifism.

Of course that would require genuine individual courage rather than the mass "courage" label we rather oddly bestow on our armed forces.

You and your war mongering ego obsessed friends on here need to think about ALL the options available to you before allowing your hormones to control everything you do.

I just did in the post directly above yours.

Pacifism would be a situation where you simply dumbly accept whatever happens.

Non violence is almost the opposite of that.

Insult my wife in a pub and I won't hit you but you may well find something unpleasant in your beer if you leave it unattended.

I'd have refused to fight in the war but if we'd been invaded I'd have made life impossible for the invading force - a bit like what the British forces found when they tried to run Afghanistan and Iraq for a while but without the violence - e.g. cutting oil pipelines, cutting communication networks, engaging in all manner of disruption etc.

Violence is for neanderthal mugs.

Non-violent protest is more creative and MUCH more destructive.

All invading armies who actually want to control a country properly understand this and use the bare minimum force before engaging in a widespread battle for the hearts and minds of those they wish to govern. This is commonsense. It's why the Romans for example got to rule so many people with so few of them in charge.

Of course, you can't quench people's desire for freedom but you get the point.

In Iraq and Afghanistan allied soldiers were pictured in triumphalist poses and people wonder why the locals fought back.

It's tragic to see apparently intelligent people struggle to understand such simple things.

Dear oh dear.

If anybody read these rants please explain.

I liked the bit where he said he'd do something nasty to your pint if you insulted his wife. lol.gif

Was shocked to read that a three month pregnant woman had her head smashed in by bricks until she was dead on a busy street in Pakistan's second largest city in broad day light in front of onlookers and the Police with no one intervening in this barbaric crime. The murder was committed by her father and brothers , why you may ask. She married someone other than who was approved for her by the family. These type of murders are rife through out the Arab world with hundreds of these type of killings each year. In this case it was a double murder with a three month old child developing inside her mother. Really what type of people are capable of such crimes all in the name of God. FFS

Absolutely appalling crime, disgusting indeed.

We need to learn that cultures such as this are practically living with medieval principles. I am sure one can deduce my wider views from that last sentence.

This story gets more bizarre. The husband of the pregnant woman stoned to death murder his wife so he could marry the woman stoned to death WTF.

800 woman are stoned to death each year in Pakistan alone just because they don't wont to marry who their fathers picked for them. Of course the father only picks a husband who can pay him off with money. Bloody hell when will the Muslim faith wake up to this nonsense

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

I envy you guys.

Having such small brains must be such a relief.

All nice guys I'm sure but if you have not got a view I fail to understand the point of posting. to me its just boredom at home cant think of anything else.

Can understand the odd joke but something this serious is it really funny or maybe some cant grasp it. All one needs to do is think of their own child being the victim.

Back on subject need to look up and see if the UK gives money to Pakistan

All nice guys I'm sure but if you have not got a view I fail to understand the point of posting. to me its just boredom at home cant think of anything else.

Can understand the odd joke but something this serious is it really funny or maybe some cant grasp it. All one needs to do is think of their own child being the victim.

Back on subject need to look up and see if the UK gives money to Pakistan

FFS where to begin.

At no point have I made anything remotely insulting or derogatory towards this horrific incident.

If you feel Oakster has contributed anything worthwhile please do tell.

I choose not to get overly involved or make any uninformed posts, unlike you, as I know nothing of life in this, or any other Muslim country.

As for if it was my own child, I fail to see the relevance.

Guest TPAFKATS

Reported, taking advantage of someone who's so far up his own arse he can taste his own shite. wink.png

Thats a bit harsh on Oakster. What if he's not up his own erse - mibees he just drank some of your pint wink.png

FFS where to begin.

At no point have I made anything remotely insulting or derogatory towards this horrific incident.

I choose not to get overly involved or make any uninformed posts, unlike you, as I know nothing of life in this, or any other Muslim country.

FFS where to begin.

Do you really need to know anything to know what is right and what is wrong to fellow human beings. Just checked that the UK give almost half a billion sterling aid to Pakistan yearly which is part of your tax. your comfortable with that known 800 woman are bricked to death each year.

I say stop the aid until the government implements a law to stop such murders being lawful.

Still if you don't care one way or the other fine that's your view.

FFS where to begin.

FFS where to begin.

Do you really need to know anything to know what is right and what is wrong to fellow human beings. Just checked that the UK give almost half a billion sterling aid to Pakistan yearly which is part of your tax. your comfortable with that known 800 woman are bricked to death each year.

I say stop the aid until the government implements a law to stop such murders being lawful.

Still if you don't care one way or the other fine that's your view.

See there you go again. Bored with a Friday night so just post fresh air views.

I'm in the middle of an ocean and cant control what a computer does unfortunately but thankfully get to see the internet

FFS, unfortunately you see things so simply that it's hard, and a waste of time, to get into any real issues with you.

I really cannot be arsed as while I have time to waste I can't be bothered getting into this massively complex issue, especially with you.

I repeat, as you seem to have come to some conclusion I have made light of this, I have not.

There must be some dolphins that you can go watch.

I'm away to watch Graham Norton, much funnier than me and you, although one of us run him close. bye1.gif