Honour Killings In Thye Muslum World

Was shocked to read that a three month pregnant woman had her head smashed in by bricks until she was dead on a busy street in Pakistan's second largest city in broad day light in front of onlookers and the Police with no one intervening in this barbaric crime. The murder was committed by her father and brothers , why you may ask. She married someone other than who was approved for her by the family. These type of murders are rife through out the Arab world with hundreds of these type of killings each year. In this case it was a double murder with a three month old child developing inside her mother. Really what type of people are capable of such crimes all in the name of God. FFS

Was shocked to read that a three month pregnant woman had her head smashed in by bricks until she was dead on a busy street in Pakistan's second largest city in broad day light in front of onlookers and the Police with no one intervening in this barbaric crime. The murder was committed by her father and brothers , why you may ask. She married someone other than who was approved for her by the family. These type of murders are rife through out the Arab world with hundreds of these type of killings each year. In this case it was a double murder with a three month old child developing inside her mother. Really what type of people are capable of such crimes all in the name of God. FFS

Islam appears to be where Christianity was a few hundred years ago.

All organised religions are a blight on society and the fewer of them the better off we'd all be.

There's another crazy from Ireland in the news calling muslims "heathens"and "satanic" and "a new evil"and is quoted as saying "Islam is heathen, Islam is satanic, Islam is a doctrine spawned in hell" as though his own religion was some great bastion of truth rather than just a slightly different collection of basketcases.

I can't begin to get my head around the fact that we as a society allow and encourage young children to be indoctrinated with this shit before they are old enough to able to make up their own minds. That is borderline child abuse. No child under 18 should be allowed to go to any religious ceremony for their own protection.

Anyway, in the meantime religious groups are everywhere.

One girl was murdered with acid by her own mother for looking at a boy.

Her mother said "it was god's wish that she should die this way". Grade A f**king lunatic.

Only life imprisonment for the offenders will stop these murders.

Edited by oaksoft

Let's invade the country and impose our laws on them, that would work.

Let's invade the country and impose our laws on them, that would work.

That's poor humour coming from you Kendo.

Have to agree with all posters that was the whole point of the thread what religion does to humans in the so called name of God.

Whether you believe in God is nether here nor there this is simply un human but then again maybe not as pointed out animals have a higher moral than some of the human race seem to have.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

That's poor humour coming from you Kendo.

Have to agree with all posters that was the whole point of the thread what religion does to humans in the so called name of God.

Whether you believe in God is nether here no there this is simply un human but then again maybe not as pointed out animals have a higher moral than some of the human race seem to have.

FFS!

See #8.

That's poor humour coming from you Kendo.Have to agree with all posters that was the whole point of the thread what religion does to humans in the so called name of God.Whether you believe in God is nether here nor there this is simply un human but then again maybe not as pointed out animals have a higher moral than some of the human race seem to have.

Not humour but irony, oaky is a pacifist who doesn't believe in war.

So the options the world has is do nothing other than condemn it.

Intervene and have the likes of Oaky being horrified.

Is there another option?

Is there another option?

Pakistan is a sovereign state , thousands of miles away that has some laws that we would certainly consider , strange and suppressive . The police stood back and watched because , legally , these murders are allowed . Sounds bizarre to us , because it is a foreign culture with practices we neither agree with or condone but personally , I can't do anything about it and it is none of my business beyond the fact that it is a fellow human being. .

There is another country not that far from there that trades heavily with us and has oil . It also has one of the most suppressive regimes on the planet but we are not going to invade there , anytime soon , either. .

IOBS Pakistan is not an Arab country. 'Rife'? I don't think so. It's a legal form of execution in a minority of Arab countries. As much as I am repulsed by this type of killing, don't make this another excuse to vent your racism against Arabs as you've done before.

Edited by Desperately Seeking Susans

IOBS Pakistan is not an Arab country. 'Rife'? I don't think so. It's a legal form of execution in a minority of Arab countries. As much as I am repulsed by this type of killing, don't make this another excuse to vent your racism against Arabs as you've done before.

In IOBS defence I think he meant Muslim rather than Arab. If I am wrong then I will hold my hand up. Whatever, the murder of this young woman was unacceptable and shows that in many parts of the world people use religion to justify horrendous acts of punishment and life is easily dismissed.

Is there another option?

Who said I was a pacifist?

I believe in non-violence. Quite a different matter.

You should read into it.

As for what to do about it?

Pakistan authorities appear to be trying to deal with a deep rooted cultural problem in which case we should leave them to it.

Otherwise there are MANY things you can do which don't require physical violence.

For example, imaginewhen Blair and Bush happily announced war on Iraq, with no small amount of cock waving. Illegally too as it happened.

Now imagine that instead of simply "following orders" troops in both US and UK decided "Hell no we won't illegally invade another country" and simply refused to go. What would either government have been able to do? Replace two entire armies?

The power of non violent protest is seriously underestimated - usually by men who seem to feel their manhood is under question on a daily basis.

The second world war is another case in point.

If the Germans had won the war and invaded they'd have had huge problems subduing our country.

Non-violent actions could have sabotaged virtually everything they did making the country ungovernable.

Non of this could be described as pacifism.

Of course that would require genuine individual courage rather than the mass "courage" label we rather oddly bestow on our armed forces.

You and your war mongering ego obsessed friends on here need to think about ALL the options available to you before allowing your hormones to control everything you do.

Edited by oaksoft

Please explain the difference Oaky

I just did in the post directly above yours.

Pacifism would be a situation where you simply dumbly accept whatever happens.

Non violence is almost the opposite of that.

Insult my wife in a pub and I won't hit you but you may well find something unpleasant in your beer if you leave it unattended.

I'd have refused to fight in the war but if we'd been invaded I'd have made life impossible for the invading force - a bit like what the British forces found when they tried to run Afghanistan and Iraq for a while but without the violence - e.g. cutting oil pipelines, cutting communication networks, engaging in all manner of disruption etc.

Violence is for neanderthal mugs.

Non-violent protest is more creative and MUCH more destructive.

All invading armies who actually want to control a country properly understand this and use the bare minimum force before engaging in a widespread battle for the hearts and minds of those they wish to govern. This is commonsense. It's why the Romans for example got to rule so many people with so few of them in charge.

Of course, you can't quench people's desire for freedom but you get the point.

In Iraq and Afghanistan allied soldiers were pictured in triumphalist poses and people wonder why the locals fought back.

It's tragic to see apparently intelligent people struggle to understand such simple things.

Edited by oaksoft