Keane Rejects Celtic Job - Stevie Clarke Now Favourite

Stuart Dickson

With the budget they have compared to the other Scottish clubs I could do that job and win the league , no doubt it will be another one horse race with them probably winning one or both the domestic cups , as for Europe it will be another embarrassing escapade as per usual .

As Shull expresses so well "F**K EM !.

Aye f**kem !

So Keane aint coming then.

And there was the Scottish Mass f**kwit Media telling us aw day that Keane was moving to Edinburgh rather than Glasgow, while managing at Green Vermin F.C.

FUDCNUTS !

With the budget they have compared to the other Scottish clubs I could do that job and win the league , no doubt it will be another one horse race with them probably winning one or both the domestic cups , as for Europe it will be another embarrassing escapade as per usual .

As Shull expresses so well "F**K EM !.

Yeah - but ironically I think that's what is making the job unappealing. The fact that any aspiring manager wouldn't get much credit for any domestic, Celtic success, even if they won all 38 league matches, is clearly a turn off.

Yeah - but ironically I think that's what is making the job unappealing. The fact that any aspiring manager wouldn't get much credit for any domestic, Celtic success, even if they won all 38 league matches, is clearly a turn off.

I agree winning our league would be seen as a "gimmie" I think that Celtic still holding onto much of the money they made from the sale of Wanyama & Hooper, a major reason Lennon decided to jump ship, would see them struggling in Europe would have helped Keane come to a decision.

Quoted as saying he wouldn´t take a pay cut for anybody. Apparently assistant boss at ROI plus itv pundit earnings is more than sellik would pay.

I believe that makes sense but there are plenty who would take the Celtic job. You may no longer get a big continental name and you can probably rule out the top dozen or so guys in England, but there will be a queue of guys champing at the bit hoping to get a chance. Lennon underachieved over the last two years. With their money they were a shoo-in for the league and next year will be even bigger favourites. They should have won the treble over the last two years with their resources. The Lurgan curmudgeon is not a hard act to follow.

I believe that makes sense but there are plenty who would take the Celtic job. You may no longer get a big continental name and you can probably rule out the top dozen or so guys in England, but there will be a queue of guys champing at the bit hoping to get a chance. Lennon underachieved over the last two years. With their money they were a shoo-in for the league and next year will be even bigger favourites. They should have won the treble over the last two years with their resources. The Lurgan curmudgeon is not a hard act to follow.

Not quite sure he did as all that's important to Celtic is the league and the Champions League.

2 season ago coming through the group stages, including Barcelona, could be seen as the best European campaign for many a year.

Last season was very poor but this was the result of selling for big money and spending, relatively speaking, peanuts.

The domestic cups are hold little real value to Celtic.

Not quite sure he did as all that's important to Celtic is the league and the Champions League.

2 season ago coming through the group stages, including Barcelona, could be seen as the best European campaign for many a year.

Last season was very poor but this was the result of selling for big money and spending, relatively speaking, peanuts.

The domestic cups are hold little real value to Celtic.

The League was a dawdle over the last two years and surely will be again this year. Getting through the group stages two years ago was a fluke. But the point I was making was that Lennon did OK with Celtic but not much more than that. I don't think he's a football manager even on his granny's side. The biggest competition he had in Scotland was McCoist for a wee while. Studick thinks no-one really wants the job. I disagree.

The League was a dawdle over the last two years and surely will be again this year. Getting through the group stages two years ago was a fluke. But the point I was making was that Lennon did OK with Celtic but not much more than that. I don't think he's a football manager even on his granny's side. The biggest competition he had in Scotland was McCoist for a wee while. Studick thinks no-one really wants the job. I disagree.

Quite why, after playing 6 games, you think that was a fluke is beyond me.

That's like saying we fluked our league cup win.

If you watched the games you could easily argue they were robbed in Spain but that's pointless, a league section is what it is, and more often than not the better teams go through.

I can see the job being attractive to some but not quite sure, with the other half of Glasgow out of the way for another season, at least, that they will attract any real quality.