So Farewell Then, Dickie Attenborough

bluto

you are right of course....its a broad spectrum of multi talented people coming together to make one production

as long as that production is worth while.....then it falls into the category of "the people's" opinion

then of course we have "the panel" of judges who give out the Oscars and BA face plates

thats when it gets filmatically political.....(which is pish in our lingo)

Great actor and director who also seemed to be a really genuine guy. He was in a great movie called Guns at Batasi filmed in black and white although it was made in the early 60's. His performance was stunning. He got a BAFTA but I don't know why it wasn't an Oscar. I must dig it up somewhere and watch it again.

Guest TPAFKATS

Guns at Batasi, was that set in Kenya or thereabouts. I'm sure I saw that one afternoon on C4 a few months ago. Wasn't a bad wee film.

Was he doing the ice bucket challenge at the time of his passing?

• 3 weeks later...

Was feeling nostalgic this morning so I decided to watch '50's POW escape drama Danger Within featuring Dickie, they* must've rounded up just about every British based character actor from the period to appear in this film - best described by the phrase "they don't make 'em like that anymore".

* Once again it's the sinister they, you just can't escape them.......................