St Mirren V Inverness Caledonian Thistle Premiership 18/10/14

shull

Why was McGinn pushed forward yesterday ? He is far better in the mix, digging in and dictating play. The real miss for us though is Thommo - we are powderpuff up front and we could have played all day yesterday and not scored. Too many passengers I'm afraid and its galling that in a league that is so poor we are struggling so badly

One shot on target after they went down to ten men, and that was a long range deflected effort from McGinn.

Appalling sums that up.

One shot on target after they went down to ten men, and that was a long range deflected effort from McGinn.

Appalling sums that up.

To be fair, I think Naismith's shot that was parried by the defender's arm was on target too.

As was Goodwin's in the last minute.

We needed to create more and better chances than we did, but the personnel we were relying on to do that are too young - and too easily dominated by the bigger and more experienced ICT players - to do that.

To be fair, I think Naismith's shot that was parried by the defender's arm was on target too.

As was Goodwin's in the last minute.

We needed to create more and better chances than we did, but the personnel we were relying on to do that are too young - and too easily dominated by the bigger and more experienced ICT players - to do that.

I'll rephrase it then...we didn't make the keeper work!

Why was McGinn pushed forward yesterday ? He is far better in the mix, digging in and dictating play. The real miss for us though is Thommo - we are powderpuff up front and we could have played all day yesterday and not scored. Too many passengers I'm afraid and its galling that in a league that is so poor we are struggling so badly

I have no idea. He seemed to be playing upfront, while Reilly was dominated in midfield and Marwood was having a disaster on the left, two positions McGinn is far better in. It really was bizarre.

I didn't mean Cheesy as such we could have tried putting Naismith up. Point I was making was thar the tactics were awful and we made no attempt to change them. McLean imo should be playing behind the striker today he was playing behind the rest of the midfield ffs. He was attempting Hollywood balls against a team playing a deep 4-4-1 which despite trying for 90 mins we could just not get in behind. You could count the number of balls into the box on 1 hand and we put them under no meaningful pressure it was possession for possessions sake. In a sitution like that we should have been getting the ball into the box at every opportunity and get Ball and prefererably another big lad ( hence the Cheesy or Naismith suggestions) to try to win the ball given us a chance of winning second balls. Most of the second half we had 2 sometimes 3 players in our own half in splendid isolation as ICT were happy to defend their box. There were several tactical changes that could have been made but Craig chose to persist with something that blatantly wasn't working.

I agree with pretty much all you've said. Although, this is assuming we have a manager that has the tactical knowledge of how to change a match and he quite obviously does not. A disgraceful performance from most of our players *Saturday (Kello & Kelly pass marks i'd say)

The final nail in the coffin was towards the end when Draper walked the ball through THREE of our defenders and tried to lob our keeper. Most of them look like they can't be arsed turning up to play. McLean has turned into a diving bastard and Ball, Marwood and Drury are truly atrocious.

Get Craig out and a reputable manager in to save the embarrassment.

Edited by Spam_Valley

Another pathetic performance yesterday. We look completely out of ideas in the final third. McLean hasn't been the same player this year unfortunately, he needs to move back to basic and stop the Beckham like long balls.

I think it shows just how bad our squad depth is this season when Thomas Reilly is in our starting line up, would be better starting with 10 men.

Big game next week we must take maximum points. It's getting very boring making the same mistakes every week, surely we must start learning from them!!

We were pathetic yesterday and I agree, Drury, Marwood and Ball very poor - Marwood and Ball rejected by Dumbarton but good enough for Tommy. When you add them to our Captain Calamity it is no wonder we are struggling. In the five home games we have played it has been evident that our fitness levels are low, Hamilton and Inverness yesterday were streets ahead of us in terms of fitness. McGinn, McLean, Kelly were knackered yesterday with 15 to go , whilst Goodwin lacks natural speed he is by far the fittest of our players. Ball needs to shed a stones but I see no sign of that happening - as a team we are too lethargic in terms of our play and desire.

Billy McNeill said in his autobiography that TC was the most two faced person he had ever come across, Danny Lennon knows that now. In the 1st 1/4 there has been no progress on the park and the outlook is bleak given the quality of our squad - time for Gilmour to show some balls and admit that he got this one wrong.

We were pathetic yesterday and I agree, Drury, Marwood and Ball very poor - Marwood and Ball rejected by Dumbarton but good enough for Tommy. When you add them to our Captain Calamity it is no wonder we are struggling. In the five home games we have played it has been evident that our fitness levels are low, Hamilton and Inverness yesterday were streets ahead of us in terms of fitness. McGinn, McLean, Kelly were knackered yesterday with 15 to go , whilst Goodwin lacks natural speed he is by far the fittest of our players. Ball needs to shed a stones but I see no sign of that happening - as a team we are too lethargic in terms of our play and desire.

Billy McNeill said in his autobiography that TC was the most two faced person he had ever come across, Danny Lennon knows that now. In the 1st 1/4 there has been no progress on the park and the outlook is bleak given the quality of our squad - time for Gilmour to show some balls and admit that he got this one wrong.

Excelled summary mate.