Police Outside St Mirren Stadium

Seaside Nipper

Loads of them this morning ......thought there had been a murdrer whistling.gif

Then realised that the new DD limit has been applied and no doubt the boys in blue were inviting the drivers into the lay bye and then lectruring all about the new limits, as opposed to asking them if they were part of a London kidnap gang

Guest TPAFKATS

If you were to get banned in Scotland for being over the new low limit but under the old high limit, surely it would be unfair not to be allowed to drive in England since you did not break their law whistling.gif

Interesting point. If an English or Welsh driver is over limit in Scotland they will be banned, unlike a Scottish driver over scottish limit, but 'caught' in England. Seems like another good reason to be a Scotchman...

Probably felt it was the most likely place to find DDs as nobody wants to go to Greenhill Road sober nowadays. Watch out for them on Saturday. The place will be abuzz wae the fuzz!whistling.gif

Aye, they heard TC's interview on Sportscene and reckoned someone had been sucking up all the team spirits.

No. If you're caught in most of Europe, you're banned in the UK. And everywhere. What's the difference? None.

How times have changed . My cousin was a courier in Italy years ago . She came home in the winter and got caught speeding in her Italian plated FIAT . When the rozzers spoke to her, she just spoke back in Italian and they let her go. .phone.gif

No. If you're caught in most of Europe, you're banned in the UK. And everywhere. What's the difference? None.

Don't think its quite as simple as that. I drive on an Irish licence. If I get caught speeding in the UK, I can get an on the spot fine, but I can't be get points or be banned. Similarly for UK licence holders caught here. Might be different for drink driving, though.

Don't think its quite as simple as that. I drive on an Irish licence. If I get caught speeding in the UK, I can get an on the spot fine, but I can't be get points or be banned. Similarly for UK licence holders caught here. Might be different for drink driving, though.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/l_to_o/mutual_recognition_of_driving_disqualification/#a03

Thanks for clarifying. I'll try not to get banned.

My point really was that the UK can't ban me for offences in the UK, nor can the Irish ban a UK driver for offences in Ireland, but I take your point.

Edited by saint in exile

I was driving up Main Rd Elderslie yesterday with a wee corsa in front of me . Suddenly , wee corsa comes to a standstill in front of me , fairly quickly . Now I can see there is nothing in front of wee corsa but I don't know why it has stopped until , a vehicle coming down the hill is indicating to turn into one of the houses and by the vigorous waving a lights flashing going on , these are obviously , pals. .

Nissan takes the turn and wee corsa moves forward a hundred yds or so and then turns into it's own drive. .

I'd ban that f**ker. .zorro.gif