New Paisley Cinema & Theatre

garzo

That's a really good question & we totally believe there is a market - our job is to document & demonstrate that.

The aim is to develop a facility that is unique in style & content, attractive locally and to a wider audience, mixing leisure & education with Cinema & Theatre - underpinned by digital technology that can beam in live performances & sport from all over the world.

Grateful for your interest & contribution.

Believing there is a market is one thing , surveying the public is a way of confirming that you have a market. .

All to often I see a new venture opening up in a town only to close a short while later because they have no business . They must have believed there was a market but obviously they didn't survey the public to ascertain if there was enough business there to merit an actual premises to service the public . .

Believing there is a market is one thing , surveying the public is a way of confirming that you have a market. .

All to often I see a new venture opening up in a town only to close a short while later because they have no business . They must have believed there was a market but obviously they didn't survey the public to ascertain if there was enough business there to merit an actual premises to service the public . .

100% with you on that.

Remember this is a community project & is for & by the people of paisley.

Intention is to consult as far and wide as possible starting with existing community groups then general public & businesses.

Feedback is vital & will inform the business plan.

will post on the FB page.

the Playhouse in Perth is doing great trade using a mix of mainstream, art-house and niche presentations on the screen

they have an I-max, which is a must

rather than waste money on a rerstaurant, doing a meal & movie deal with local eateries would work more cost-effectively (i think)

theatre wise, if the alhambra in Dunfermline can do so well, then why not a paisely theatre. dunfermline is very connected to edinburgh yet manages to sustain the carnegie and the alhambra very well

will post on the FB page.

the Playhouse in Perth is doing great trade using a mix of mainstream, art-house and niche presentations on the screen

they have an I-max, which is a must

rather than waste money on a rerstaurant, doing a meal & movie deal with local eateries would work more cost-effectively (i think)

theatre wise, if the alhambra in Dunfermline can do so well, then why not a paisely theatre. dunfermline is very connected to edinburgh yet manages to sustain the carnegie and the alhambra very well

still only half an hour

Quicker to Carlise

I'd sell them our current all seated souless stadium with car parking facilities as long as we can move back to Love St.

We have been in this new stadium for nearly 5 years and it still feels like someone else's ground.

It's only soulless because of what's being served up on the pitch. There have been matches such as the 4-0 vs Celtic and the 5-4 vs Ross County along with a few others where the atmosphere was absolutely electric. Poor football under Gus (along with approximately 50 injury time losses), followed by long winless runs under both Danny and Tommy have been the cause of the lack of atmosphere, not the stadium itself.

It's only soulless because of what's being served up on the pitch. There have been matches such as the 4-0 vs Celtic and the 5-4 vs Ross County along with a few others where the atmosphere was absolutely electric. Poor football under Gus (along with approximately 50 injury time losses), followed by long winless runs under both Danny and Tommy have been the cause of the lack of atmosphere, not the stadium itself.

I'd disagree. many fans wanted a four-stand arrangement without realising that the atmoshere is generated by people being enclosed. iwould sugest that the club invest in some big plastic advertising banners to drape across the north and south stands and only open them if we sell enough tickets in advance to make it worthwhile

more than once, especially in the early days of the McPherson promotion season, i saw the crowd lift the team from a tepid performance to get things moving again

Guest TPAFKATS

Aside from my usual argument that Modern fitba is PISH....

......the roof of the old North Bank was shaped in such a way that the sound generated by the crowd was amplified far greater than how the new West Bank roof is designed.

I'm sure there must be an "Expert" Sound Engineer on the forum who can explain the difference in the acoustics between the grounds.

Feck developing the void - get a new roof on the on the West Bank same shape and bring back the striped roof.

Introduce safe standing with no reserved seats. Getrirwrigglyspearmintgumandyermacaroonbars!

It was the corrugated asbestos sheeting that gave those acoustics. Bring it back!