Only An Excuse Is A Pile Of Pish

murray street

What they need is some script writers.

Most of the impressions are rotten, but not looking or sounding anything like the person being parodied wouldn't matter with a stronger script.

When the material is rubbish as well, then you've got nothing.

I don't know who they're running this material past for quality control. If I'd written that script, I'd have torn it up and admitted I was out of my depth.

Said it last year, and the year before - way, way past its sell-by date. How many times last night did he trot out a Frank 'Frankie Boy' McAvennie sketch using the same old 'saucy innuendo' punchline? McAvennie was relevant thirty plus years ago.

Two funny moments for me - the Gordon Mathieson Commonwealth Games speech, and the Commonwealth games jolly Clydesider suddenly becoming an aggressive steward when told it was a fitba' match.

The rest was tired re-treads. IMHO.

Said it last year, and the year before - way, way past its sell-by date. How many times last night did he trot out a Frank 'Frankie Boy' McAvennie sketch using the same old 'saucy innuendo' punchline? McAvennie was relevant thirty plus years ago.

Two funny moments for me - the Gordon Mathieson Commonwealth Games speech, and the Commonwealth games jolly Clydesider suddenly becoming an aggressive steward when told it was a fitba' match.

I went to school with the guy that played the Jolly Steward (also in that Cop Squad show), his name is Chris Forbes, his brother Kenny was in my year. At Kenny's wedding a couple of years ago, Chris's best man speech was one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed.

I went to school with the guy that played the Jolly Steward (also in that Cop Squad show), his name is Chris Forbes, his brother Kenny was in my year. At Kenny's wedding a couple of years ago, Chris's best man speech was one of the funniest things I've ever witnessed.

Well, I reckon his involvement as the jolly Clydesider was one of only two highlights!

How cringeworthy was that Countdown sketch with Frankie Boy and Charlie Nicholas?

I suppose that I should at least credit him with ditching Dennis 'The Lawman' Law this year - moving with the times!

Wouldn't say the steward sketch was funny

It was bang on how they behave

Couldn't even muster up the make up team to get him to look like tommy Craig, to then stand in silence.

His Brian Cox "accent" was fckin atrocious.

The Fergie Gogglebox sketch was lazy and could have had so much more.

Souness, Jim White, Charlie, Mcavennie, Martin oneill, calderwood, Jesus fckin wept!